It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my goal. Please join me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hello my friends. I'm obviously new to ATS and want to start by thanking the moderators and everyone for spending time thinking. I believe while there is debate, disagreement, theorizing, and hypothesizing, it can all be classified as thinking. I wish more people would think. Thank you.

A brief summary about myself- I am a married man in my mid-twenties who lives on the ocean in the 50th state. I feel very blessed. I feel that there is a stereotype for people who live oceanfront, so I want to start by saying that I'm not rich and I live simple. I've questioned things ever since I can remember, but I am particularly grateful for the 2008 US presidential election for a true push for me to research government, military, economics, foreign relations, religion, etc. Since the night Obama was elected I've learned a great deal, but the more I learn, the more I question, and the more I realize how little we all know. Through my "awakening" I have gone through periods of anger, resentment, self-pity, and the like, but I am starting to see deeper now, leading me to acceptance and love. This is my goal.

While I believe in Absolute Truth, I accept that it is impossible to know this Truth. I do feel a deep connection with the teachings of Jesus Christ and believe The Bible to be the greatest guideline we have to this reality we call life on Earth. However, I reject religion, viewing it as a man made means for power and do not attend church. I'm currently self-employed (though not producing an income) writing a self-help book encouraging readers to redefine success and pursue individual goals as opposed to "The American Dream". Wish me luck getting it published!

I believe in Humanity, and I believe we have the potential to unite under the fundamental beliefs of Human Rights. But I it's hard. It's hard to look past the labeled we have and give others, and hard to shake off the bombardment of conditioning we've been victimized by. So this is my goal and I hope you join me- take all the crap in the world, ball it up and swallow it, and then before spitting it back out in the form of negativity, anger, and hatred, chew on it for a minute. Then when we go to digest and recreate that information, do it with love and compassion.

Thanks for hearing what I have to say and thanks for welcoming me to the greatest group of thinkers on the internet!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

So, take the world and use it as you would a piece of gum... Yeah since this is in introductions (i think) can someone ell me how to post things? This is sort of off topic but I'm confused...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! So very nice to meet you!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disemboweled

So, take the world and use it as you would a piece of gum... Yeah since this is in introductions (i think) can someone ell me how to post things? This is sort of off topic but I'm confused...

Um, post things? You just did.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. You are correct that others need to think a little bit more. Too many times we react with emotion or desire before our common sense.

Look forward to your future posts.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hi Dave, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Hey there! Welcome to ATS! I usually don't post in this section, but I like the way you think so thought I should say so.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thank you for that. I've been thinking a lot lately about energy and the laws of Thermodynamics which state energy cannot be created. However, that's just pertaining to physical energy. I believe we can create energy through lifting people up. In reading your reply I could feel a sort of positive energy, and I have to believe (because I've felt it myself through encouragement someone else) that you too received energy through replying with something positive. So thanks for saying what you thought!

Originally posted by gemineye

Hey there! Welcome to ATS! I usually don't post in this section, but I like the way you think so thought I should say so.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I can understand the emotional roller coaster when lifting up the covers of deception blanketing this world, it really does make you wonder at times. As for the truth, I think it is something we all have access to, but can be hard work to find at times. There are many stories, but just one reality. The universe remembers it in many ways, the debates and different points of view here on ATS is just one of many ways to get back to it. Take care.

new topics

top topics

join