It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I can see dead people" A medium tells us what happens when you die (29th Jan on ATS LIVE)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
am i too late? i would only have one question for the medium. Can i join?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I would have thought though that a web site that has an MO of having both sides of an argument would stay clear of endorsing one particular side of it.

I'm certain at some point there would be a guest, or accomplished ATS member, on the show who can articulate a position skeptical of mediums, clairvoyance, etc. You can anticipate that the same balance that is embraced by ATS will be embraced by ATS Live -- in so far as considering the entire portfolio of episodes, and not just one broadcast.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am extremely skeptical concerning all mediums. I am also a huge fan of zazzafrazz`s interviewing skills and im expecting this to be great .
edit on 21-1-2011 by bluemooone2 because: spl)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well ok, I'm going to let it rest I guess.

Like I said it's not the discussion that I mind it's the perceived endorsement of the product / service, but I will trust in your judgement.

I hope you understand my strong feelings though as out of all the topics on ATS claims of being able to contact someone dead family members is obviously something that is going to stir some of the greatest emotions and effect people greatly on an emotional level, something that I don't feel should ever be taken lightly.

We can all have a bit of a laugh about big foot, but some ones dead son / daughter / father / mother is perhaps something that should be treated with a little more care.

Anyway, just food for thought.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss it SO

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thank you for the heads-up!!! I will keep an eye out for the time. I would love to call in and see if she can contact my biological father that passed when I was 2. It sucked not having a father in my life and I've always wanted to get to know what kind of man he was. Death has always kept my attention in terms of what happens after it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Dave I would wager one of the reasons the 3 amigos have been so successful with ATS, is the fact that they allow everyone the opportunity to present their opinions, whether or not they are valid.

Some things on ATS can not actually be proven by logical reasoning, or facts so they are considered faith based issues, hence no proof subjects.

ATS is about respecting others views be they metaphysical or physical, but I do understand your frustrations with subjects that contain things that are not tangible.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Date and Time to be confirmed

Join me for Zazz's Alternate Realities segment on ATS Live:
Do you want to contact a loved one?
Do you want to have a live reading?
Do you want to simply ask a medium a question?

Really?

I find that actually quite offensive personally.

But hey, if I haven't missed the show, I may well listen.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0R10N

Thank you for the heads-up!!! I will keep an eye out for the time. I would love to call in and see if she can contact my biological father that passed when I was 2. It sucked not having a father in my life and I've always wanted to get to know what kind of man he was. Death has always kept my attention in terms of what happens after it.

See that's exactly the kind of thing I mean by the OP offending me.

Preying on people's emotions.

*sigh*

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
To all the Haters... give it a rest... You may not believe, you may strongly disbelieve, you may think that those who do believe or are on the fence are nuts, but the Universe does NOT rotate around you. Neither does ATS or ATS Live... I personally think that 99.9% of all 9/11 'truthers' are paranoid schizophrenics with delusions of adequacy and tinfoil hats that are on WAY too tight, but you don't see me getting my panties in a wad everytime that subject comes up here on ATS or on ATS Live...

It's this little thing called respecting the interests of others. ATS is a very BIG site covering pretty much every topic under the sun with the exception of drug use and sex. And there are even exceptions in those areas... Give it a rest... If you don't believe, go find some other topic that DOES interest you and let those who do have an interest in this area have their moment in the sun...

Thank you for your time... Carry on now...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I have to say I agree with all your points, the next thing will be Reiki Masters hotline and this type of guy -

Whitley Streiber look out !

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's amazing that frauds like this still thrive in modern times.
Reprehensible

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I agree Jax, while I am skeptical, I can understand and be respectful about others beliefs.

Who knows for sure till you actually talk to the person.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

sending out reminders?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One thing I found out a while ago (apart from my own astral projection experiements) is that a scientific study proved that at the moment of death the body loses 2lbs of mass. And I AIN'T talking about the bowels or lungs letting loose their contents.
So what is 'it' and where did 'it' go?...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
One thing I found out a while ago (apart from my own astral projection experiements) is that a scientific study proved that at the moment of death the body loses 2lbs of mass. And I AIN'T talking about the bowels or lungs letting loose their contents.
So what is 'it' and where did 'it' go?...

That study has been widely discredited, though still cited by the religious or new agers who insist on such nonsense as souls or spirits.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

.......as in all things religious, DEMAND EVIDENCE, and think for yourself. Just because something sounds nice doesn't make it true. Failing to do the above is why we have so many "true" religions in the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Another point: how come god's and dead people NEVER come through with information outside our current frame of reference? Such an immense topic (survival of the soul), and at best it's always like some kind of cheap parlor trick. Why didn't they tell us years ago something simple like, the world is round, and it orbits the sun in space? How about a cure for some disease, a better technology for power, or where we can definitively find evidence of intelligent life in the universe. Something useful beyond feel good conjecture. "Just be nice to each other". Surely these higher beings must know SOMETHING we don't that would help us.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by warza
at best it's always like some kind of cheap parlor trick.

It is.

It's called "cold reading"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am very skeptical ..But i will tune in just to see what she has to say should be a very interisting show.. thanks for the heads up !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join