It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do you have an invisable friend?

page: 1
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I used to teach handicapped kids. One told me that I had 3 people (angels?) floating over my head. They seemed to come and go. He would start laughing whenever he saw them. He was a non-verbal kid who could only talk by answering yes or no with his eyes. If you didn't ask the right questions it could be difficult to clarify what he wanted to say. For some reason my "people" were very funny to look at.

I remember telling my mother about my guardian angel when I was a child. She laughed at me and I realized that other people didn't know they had guardian angels. I wonder if I was able to see my "people" as a young child. Since I am pretty sure I have had alien contact, perhaps my guardian angel was an alien.




posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My younger brother had one, he'd blame him for all the naughty things he'd get upto. My Mum couldn't tell him off for laughing...The little sh*t that he was. love him now though.


+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?

How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?

What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I dont and have never had an imaginary friend. I even think my guardian angel fell asleep or took it seriously when I told him he was fired when I was a teen.


Ive seen many people who have claimed to have guardians or dead relatives with them.. and they werent ALL dying. The people even interacted with them and held one sided conversations. I worked in an ER for a decade.. Ive seen MANY weird things and the whole guardian angel/dead relative/ imaginary friend thing is definitely among the top ten events that always set off my creepy-crap-o-meter.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?

How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?

What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!



My sides are aching from laughing so hard. Too funny and well played sir.

ON TOPIC:

I do believe most of us have spirits around us. My dogs confirm this often when they stare at seemingly blank walls growling and barking their heads off. Could be a spirit guide, passed loved one protecting us or something more sinister.
edit on 19-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?

How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?

What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!



I know the OP didnt explain any further about communication, but many non verbal individuals communicate using what is known as PECS cards, or picture exchange communication system. They use, essentially, flash cards to communicate what they are trying to convey.

OP didnt mention PECS, but speaking from 10 years experience in the same field, this is one viable option, along with so many more. I have had better conversations with 'non verbal' individuals than my own friends.


Oh and to anser the OP,
I had one when I was a kid, his name was Jason or James, I cant really remember, but I remember seeing him and talking aout him alot, even where he lived in my house, through the middle wall and upstairs, even though we lived in a little 4 room one story house.
edit on 19-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i feel as though my dead aunt stops in every once in a while, she was my godmother and i sensed her death.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?

How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?

What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!



Dave.. hush. Your posts give me vivid mental pictures.. and if I laugh like that again youre going to make me wake a kid up.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat
 

Or perhaps your alien was really your guardian angel...just a thought.

I wanted to share something that happened this past week. Me and my 3 year old were talking about guardian angels last night while I was tucking her in bed, she looked up at the wall and said "wow that's sparkley" I asked what was sparkley and she said the guardian angels and I said, "what do you see?" She said our guardian angels and I asked how many and she said 5 (5 in our family). She kept looking at something I couldn't see. I asked if they were still there after a bit and then she said that they left and smiled at me.

Also, the other night I was talking with my boy and my laptop was near the bed. We were talking about his godfather who was killed in a train wreck 2 years ago. I told him that maybe he was watching over him. As I said that the pointer on computer moved around the screen. I thought I was seeing things, so I asked my boy if he saw it and he said yes, and I said are you sure? and he said yes mom I'm sure. Pretty strange but my boy didn't have any problems believing it.

You just never know...children and the innocent may have some sort of special sight or something, they're pure and wise at the same time.

I have other stories but I'll stop there.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not since I was a child have I had an invisible friend. It was a dog actually one of those goofy looking blood hounds with floppy ears. As for talking to myself I only do that when I am in the midst of writing so that I can think out character plots more clearly. You have heard of method actors, I consider myself a method writer. It freaks some people out until I explain to them, I am not talking to myself I am talking to my characters. Then they usually give me this strange look like I am losing my mind. Oh well, I shrug it off and continue on my search for character development.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet
 





Perhaps asking leading questions or giving the idea that these things even exist cause children who naturally want to please their parents a way to do so. Its a possibility. Id have asked about the appearance of it and more probing questions if in fact my child told me they saw something sparkly and then said a guardian angel. WHere would the child pick up that terminology ( guardian angel) unless he or she heard it come from the parent or movie previously?

Im being serious.. not disrespectful. Im saying that these kinds of stories are nice, but they are completely useless for any serious investigation into this. Children are very perceptive and can also be lead into saying anything you want to hear... even if its not our intention to do that on purpose.

My family must be totally NON guarded by angels/aliens/whatever or something because if I asked my kids if they saw a guardian angel after they pointing out something weird on their wall.... theyd look at me like I was a complete idiot or ask me if Id been drinking.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Not since I was a child have I had an invisible friend. It was a dog actually one of those goofy looking blood hounds with floppy ears. As for talking to myself I only do that when I am in the midst of writing so that I can think out character plots more clearly. You have heard of method actors, I consider myself a method writer. It freaks some people out until I explain to them, I am not talking to myself I am talking to my characters. Then they usually give me this strange look like I am losing my mind. Oh well, I shrug it off and continue on my search for character development.


Heh.. thats actually pretty cool! My oldest daughter uses a similar method when she is drawing her cartoons... she is a very talented cartoonist, but wants to be an architect. ANyway, she speaks to her cartoons as she is developing the thing as if she is actually creating its personality or whatever. I think you have described that same method of creative genius but in your writing! Pretty interesting to hear someone else is like that!



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?
How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?
What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!


Exactly what I was thinking too. LOL!

IRM



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat
 


I'm afraid that all of my imaginary friends were just "imaginary."

I can remember pretty far back... I can remember certain things that happened when I was around 15 months old. I used to pretend like I was playing with "invisible" people, but I couldn't actually see them. I have known many people who claim they can remember their friend and remember what he/she/it looked like.

I'm a bit jealous of those people, lol.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 


I understand that children can be lead to believe anything and sure, I may have put the idea of the guardian angel in her head and she saw what I suggested, very plausible. Who knows, she a vivid imagination, but I thought it was a cute story. I'm not doing an investigation here, I just believe that's all. I don't need anything to be proven to me. I share what I believe with my children, as many parents do. My husband is an atheist and he shares his point of view with our children as well.

All I know is what I have experienced and I am comfortable with what I believe. I share what brings me joy with my kids and maybe they see things, maybe not. I enjoy talking about angels with my children, they seem to enjoy it too : )

One more thing... I disagree that these "cute" stories don't have a bearing on finding answers. Just because I'm telling a story about my kids doesn't mean that my information is any less valuable. Anyone can be suggestible and everyone relays information through their own perceptions, no story is truly unbiased. BTW, Me and my son did see the pointer on the computer move, and I know I didn't suggest that to my son.


edit on 19-1-2011 by flyingviolet because: one more thing

edit on 19-1-2011 by flyingviolet because: better get some sleep, lol



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingviolet
reply to post by Advantage
 


I understand that children can be lead to believe anything and sure, I may have put the idea of the guardian angel in her head and she saw what I suggested, very plausible. Who knows, she a vivid imagination, but I thought it was a cute story. I'm not doing an investigation here, I just believe that's all. I don't need anything to be proven to me. I share what I believe with my children, as many parents do. My husband is an atheist and he shares his point of view with our children as well.

All I know is what I have experienced and I am comfortable with what I believe. I share what brings me joy with my kids and maybe they see things, maybe not. I enjoy talking about angels with my children, they seem to enjoy it too : )




Kids are so interesting!
I really didnt mean anything along the lines of doubting your belief or being disrespectful... it was just in the vein of the thread it really cant be used for actually researching this kind of thing. I started in 1987 with paranormal investigations through the college I was attending back then.. kind of a side interest... and dealing with kids was always the wild card. They most of the time echo what the parents believe and its unfortunate for research purposes!

Personally I love hearing about kid stories and have a bazillion of them myself. Kids are about the last thing we have left anymore thats pure and sometimes the only thing that keeps many of us still wanting to bang our heads against brick walls to make a positive change in the world.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 


Here, Here! Kids are wild cards aren't they? They make me want to bang my head all day, lol. Seriously, I know kids are suggestible, I guess that's why I want to keep them balanced in some way. I want to hear their voices not an echo of mine or my husband's (Hope I don't mess them up too bad). Cheers.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingviolet
reply to post by Advantage
 


Here, Here! Kids are wild cards aren't they? They make me want to bang my head all day, lol. Seriously, I know kids are suggestible, I guess that's why I want to keep them balanced in some way. I want to hear their voices not an echo of mine or my husband's (Hope I don't mess them up too bad). Cheers.


LOL! I really think it takes something far different than stories of guardian angels, having imaginary friends, or chasing bumps in the night to mess a kid up.



posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
I used to teach handicapped kids. One told me that I had 3 people (angels?) floating over my head. They seemed to come and go. He would start laughing whenever he saw them. He was a non-verbal kid who could only talk by answering yes or no with his eyes. If you didn't ask the right questions it could be difficult to clarify what he wanted to say. For some reason my "people" were very funny to look at.

I remember telling my mother about my guardian angel when I was a child. She laughed at me and I realized that other people didn't know they had guardian angels. I wonder if I was able to see my "people" as a young child. Since I am pretty sure I have had alien contact, perhaps my guardian angel was an alien.

I worked with an autistic boy, who also had a general developmental delay, who was compensated with the ability to 'see' things!
That being said, when I was about 7 years old, I had an invisible friend called Susan, who lived in my Mum's wardrobe amongst the mothballed fur coats, who listened to all my problems with my sisters. I can't honestly remember now whether I thought Susan was real!
My son had an invisible friend called Kate or Helen (I can't remember which, this was 20 years back, when he was 3 years old). When he got bored with her, he killed her off - I asked one day where she was and he said in an off-hand tone, "Oh, she died of cancer in the 1950s". After that, I didn't have to worry about accidentally sitting on her!
However, that's not what you meant. If I have a guardian angel, and I have heard that we all do, s/he had never made herself known - which is a bit of a relief, angels are said to be scary and alien and too beautiful and awesome for humans to see!
Vicky



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
A non verbal kid TOLD you that you had 3 angels floating over your head?

How many yes / no questions did you have to ask to get to that?

What are you laughing at, a joke? no, a clown? no, a teapot? no. Three angles floating over my head YES!!!!!!



I am thoroughly horrified by the way that you can just sit at your keyboard and just write such detremental words aimed towards non verbal handicapped children.

Your words come across as though you have absolutely no understanding of handicapped children and the way they communicate.

I am both appauled an astounded by your ignorance.

edit on 20-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join