It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hercolubus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by larsen

I believe Hartley 2 made its close approach in Oct .Even then it was barely visible ,certainly not 5x brighter than the stars in the sky. Not sure where you got that idea from .

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
THis is some very interesting # with some nice image evidence. Can't say I'll be up at that time but it would be nice to try and take some good pics of it. Anyone have one of those nice telescopes that can relay photos back? That's what we really need.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Is it possible that it could be the star Antares? Looking at the website below it states this time of the month but from the pics it looks like that star is much brighter.

Venus (magnitude –4.4) shines as the "Morning Star" in the southeast before and during dawn. Look for much fainter Antares (magnitude +1.1) in Scorpius about 10° to its right.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

edit on 21-1-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Definitely not Antares, Antareds is to low in the sky, though it would be bright for this time of year. I thought it might be also, I ruled Antareds out due to it's location and position. What ever it is it's near or in the Andromeda Galaxy.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So anyone have anything else to add? Anyone else see if the red object was still in the sky over the weekend?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hey, im in Las Cruces. Have you seen it lately? Ill check tonite. I read about a star that is unoficially called the 'garnet' star; read that info while i was using the SkyWalk app on the car phone (:-D) to see what night sky objects are viewable at any given time. Notsayin it is or isnt a star or something weird.
Am sayin', livin in NM, it is a valuable and comforting practice to have a digital camera WITH you, espECIALLY when driving. I am born n raised NMxican &have seen awe-inspiring shudder-inducing WtF-is that-type sky phenomena/craft/auroral objects (WHATEVER one would call any of the things Ive seen....) many times. Many many times. 3/4 happen while Im drivin. This state is what, 450mix450mi? With three cities(Im talkin metro areas, here, so not separating RioR&Abq&Bern. etc) &only a few big towns. SO MUCH EMPTY LAND and SKY.. KEEP A CAMERA in your car, ¬ a phone camera. A real digitalcamera. If ever something pops off at the chxkpoints, too, one can record it... with the cartel activity 60mi South of Cruces and on up the I-10/I-25/highway 70, and the militaryinstallations, NASA, White Sands, all bordered by BLM land &further, closer to Alamogordo with the DarkSky rules (low light pollution) It is kinda asking for it, to be withouta camera, &see something amazing and important. DONT LET ME HEAR OF U w/no camera AGAIN!!
Lol :-D

(this post is to whomever posted the Alamogordo pic, but that thread was closed)
edit on 10-2-2011 by kkrattiger because: or 450mi x 550mi? NM is not a square. I know this haha

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

and the biggest church in so cal asks for no donations.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join