It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Explains How Americans Can "ONCE AGAIN Become The Standard For A Free Society"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

AMAZING SPEECH!!

Please spread the word of Sanity!

Too much money goes to only things that hurt the economy and the people.

Amongst all this insanity there is a voice of reason, this is an important message

People do need to start thinking, what is the proper goal of a govt. in a free society
This is key and is something that needs to be taught in school as well

Contact your local teachers and start showing them how this is important for generations to come
God Bless!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How much praise Paul need from the people? Sure, he is saying all the right words but is there ANYONE in POWER listening to him? I don't think so. This is no different from hearing about corruption within the U.S. government. No action taken - just talking.

I am NOT coming down on Paul.
edit on 19-1-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

He seems to be the only sane member of congress I have heard.

The problem is certain influences seem to control all sides of the argument before the argument is implemented. This worries me because Ron Paul almost seems to good to be true... sort of like Obama was seen before election.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Thanks for Posting.
Ron Paul is definately the genuine article.
He has been trying to get the same fiscal message across for decades. To bad the media (main, right or left) do not give him more credit or coverage.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
This worries me because Ron Paul almost seems to good to be true... sort of like Obama was seen before election.

Obama was not good at all before elections
He co-wrote the 2nd draft of the Patriot Act

Even during the campaigns he spoke of change without ever defining it

I don't know why any grown man would vote for someone who had a big sign with a gimmicky word like "change" on it but never defining what he would change.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Take note Americans, and vote for him in the next US Presidency elections!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I like his unique brand of libertarianism but its unfortunate that people like him are largely ignored in Capital Hill. American conservatives/libertarians should be supporting Ron Paul, not the Tea Party.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ever heard of pissing in the wind?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Organized and totally logical, as always. Too bad so few are actually listening, in Congress and elsewhere. Also, seems to me the renewed "interest" in the Constitution is used by many as a cloaking device, but that's neither here nor there. The bigger problems, the root causes of what he speaks about, are entrenchment, greed, corruption, and fear in our Congress, and all his words aren't going to touch those.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I have no Idea how you could possibly compare Ron Paul to Obama, your post is completely uninformed and displays your complete lack of knowledge of recent history.

Ron Paul has been making these exact same arguments since the 60's. His voting record in congress has been consistant with his arguments the entire time. This is why he keeps getting elected to his seat. In my opinion he is the only person in our Govt, that is above reproach.

Are you aware of how Obama got elected to his Senate seat? He found a loophole and got the woman who had held that seat for 3 or 4 terms removed from the ballot so he was the ONLY candidate on the ballot for citizens to vote for.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
Take note Americans, and vote for him in the next US Presidency elections!

Therein lies the problem. Americans DO NOT vote for the president!

Same here in Canada, and likely the same in Australia, our heads of state are assigned to us depending on which particular party managed to elect the greatest number of representatives.

This is a false democracy, and the sooner we see it, the sooner we can do something about it.

Voting independent is a great way to start!

Don't get me wrong, I agree with Dr. Paul on many issues, only the American citizen has no say whatsoever as to whether or not he will be a presidential candidate, and if he is so chosen, they can not vote, directly, for or against him.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The people controlling all sides of the argument have been at work for a lot longer than the 60's. But, this is of course pure conspiracy theory...

I have repeatedly stated how much I like Ron Paul. No need to go off.

When you are playing chess you have to think several steps ahead. There seems to me to be a huge chess game going on manipulating the entire world towards an end that I do not wish to live in. The problem is, most people live in a reactionary mode and only respond to the most current move.

ATS is one of the few sites I've been to where people see through the obvious lies and start to deconstruct what is really going on and seeing past the surface moves. Ron Paul might (and I pray he is) be exactly what he seems. All evidence is that he is. However, when you look at all future scenarios from the state of the board at this moment some of them could involve him being a deep plant to be used at the right time.

In a game with stakes as high as the depopulation of our planet, which certain pieces have repeatedly stated is the goal, we can take nothing for granted.

Forgive me if I trust no one.

I have reason.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by toc1013
I like his unique brand of libertarianism but its unfortunate that people like him are largely ignored in Capital Hill. American conservatives/libertarians should be supporting Ron Paul, not the Tea Party.

The TEA Party was created by Ron Paul supporters. It wasn't until it got big that it got taken over by Sarah Palin wing of the Republican Party.

Sad, too, because the original TEA Party stood for libertarian principles, with the goal of dragging the Republican party right... "right" as in Libertarian small government / individual liberty, not "right" as in Fundamentalist Protestant "right".

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The people controlling all sides of the argument have been at work for a lot longer than the 60's. But, this is of course pure conspiracy theory...

Well true but they all have the same agenda
so the line between conspiracy theory and just plain logic gets blurry

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jabronie
The TEA Party was created by Ron Paul supporters. It wasn't until it got big that it got taken over by Sarah Palin wing of the Republican Party.

Sad, too, because the original TEA Party stood for libertarian principles, with the goal of dragging the Republican party right... "right" as in Libertarian small government / individual liberty, not "right" as in Fundamentalist Protestant "right".

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Well true but they all have the same agenda
so the line between conspiracy theory and just plain logic gets blurry

I most wholeheartedly agree to both.

Once you know the history, the only conspiracy is keeping the masses from seeing it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Fair enough, I may have gotten carried away a bit.

new topics

top topics

join