It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Ways In Which China Humiliates The United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Buying from ANY other country is doing the same thing as buying from China.

Anybody can make cheap electronics.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
trust me we could stop dealing with china at anytime. would it be pleasant no but could we do it yes.the worst thing the goverment ever did was allowing the the factory work to leave country but we could start back up we have loys of mothballed factories and a large un utilized workforce. and i am all for blocking imports of all chinease poison food products its only a bloody miracle we haven't seen massive amounts of people poisoned,

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

The PRC is going to be the new Red Scare in the market soon. The PRC is no real threat to the U.S and our Allies.

Exactly

I wonder how our media will market it though. They are still trying to flog the dead horse of terrorism for all its worth, if they try and sell a new war on the morons too soon, they might just blow there cover.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Instead of "10 ways in which China humiliates the United States", we do need a thread "10,000 ways the United States humiliated itself in every which way".

I don't give a flying toss about Chinese Prez dining at the White House. Our country is in a sea of pain with no end in sight, and the color of flags on a state visit is WAY down on my list of concerns.

Our fellow entrepreneurs moved the jobs to China and countless other countries, when they felt they reaped enough capital (made by American blood and sweat) that they can move to greener pastures, and America be damned. We have a disfunctional government and lack of governance (in contrast to developed and many developing countries) which leads to our infrastructure being in state of woeful disrepair (because the right will always tell you how taxes and government are bad, so no maglev train for you and let's keep a 105 year old tunnel in same condition it was 105 years ago). You enter any average Walmart and the crowd around you look like bums, in lounge pants and hoodies, many grotesquely obese, some buying DVDs and movie posters, stuff they really don't need. We don't do in education nearly well enough to compete with the Chinese and Europeans. I'm not sure how we came to this point but I'm just losing hope. I traveled to Asia and Europe recently and America is becoming embarrassingly backward compared to these places.

Chinese Prez can have all dim sum he can eat at the White House. I don't care. The US is going to hell in a hand basket and we are talking about trifle.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
trust me we could stop dealing with china at anytime. would it be pleasant no but could we do it yes.the worst thing the goverment ever did was allowing the the factory work to leave country but we could start back up we have loys of mothballed factories and a large un utilized workforce. and i am all for blocking imports of all chinease poison food products its only a bloody miracle we haven't seen massive amounts of people poisoned,

It could be done could it?

How do you convince hundreds of American Companies to slash their profits in half and move decades of operations from China to the US?

Trust me, it's not as easy as it looks. Sure we could do it, but bottom line is that the American People would feel the hurt far more than China or it's people.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Anyone can make them true, but how the workers are treated is important to me.

I refuse to buy Apple ICrap, due to the Chinese workers who make it being treated like peasant slaves.

At least South Korean and Japanese companies treat their workers with more more respect and much better pay.

In the end it doesn't matter. If there is a global economic collapse, all of the cheap labor will return to the US.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
If I have to buy electronics, smartphones or appliances I go for South Korean and Japanese manufacturing.

...and I hope that you understand that much of manufacturing there is still outsourced to China.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Life must be pretty sweet not being a hypocrite, i commed you on your moral fortitude. Because i can freely admit to being a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I agree that the Japanese and South Koreans do a far better job at employee benefits, work spaces and all that other stuff and I personally also buy my electronics from them in most cases.

The problem is that those products are slightly more expensive aren't they? The average consumer doesn't care where the product comes from, so long as it's not expensive.

That's the whole reason sweat shops become an "acceptable" reality for Western and European consumers in the first place.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A major player in all this was Prescott Bush,Bush Seniors brother who was the head of the US China chamber of commerce,I have no sympathy for the US it was its own elite that actively made China what it is today,your own ruling elite sold you down the river.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Sorry but basing your consumer spending on some vague notion of morality about labour laws is nonesense. I hope the electricity your using to power you pc isnt coming from a power plant or sub station built with chinese metals?

Sure aint no picnic in a chinese copper mine.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Sorry but basing your consumer spending on some vague notion of morality about labour laws is nonesense. I hope the electricity your using to power you pc isnt coming from a power plant or sub station built with chinese metals?

Sure aint no picnic in a chinese copper mine.

Nonsense you say? I'm sorry that you choose to support companies that allow their employees to be subjected to internment camp style conditions.

I will take my money elsewhere.

Obviously it's almost impossible to live in this day and age without giving your money to somebody who is abusing another person down the line, but the concious decisions I make about supporting certain companies is certainly not absurd.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Its definitely a growing trend. I try to do the research on products I buy, to find out if they were manufactured in plants in Japan and South Korea or outsourced. There will probably be a day I can't even by from them either.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Obviously it's almost impossible to live in this day and age without giving your money to somebody who is abusing another person down the line

Meh, it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And to all the idiots who keep saying China owns the US, well China owns 7.5% of our debt. Yeah thats right, 7.5%!!!!

In fact, China owns just a little bit more of our debt than does Japan. Where is all the "Japan owns the US" talk? I know where it is, its not making headlines and its not making the 14 year olds on ATS start ridiculous threads. The China "threat" is NOT NEARLY as grave as folks on here make it out to be.
edit on 19-1-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I recently purchased a book that shed light on China today and how it views it pass. The book is entitled "china in the 21st century. What everyone needs to know." By Jeffrey N. Wasserstrom. Basically it's a Q&A about China up to the 2008 Oylmpics. Discusses about the history, Mao, communism, capitalism, leaders, and so forth.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by SpaDe_

I guess 'step and fetch boy' dosen't ring racist in your book. Have any black friends? Ask them, you might be enlightened, doubt it though

Yeah, i am off topic...but using the race hammer to beat people with is small minded and low brow. If anyone has a problem with "step and fetch boy", that is THEIR problem, not his. He stated his intent....if you can't accept that then YOU have a problem, not him/her.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
We put up with a lot from china.....when we found out that they had been stealing our US military secrets for years on end, we should have handled that conflict immediately...supposedly, such theft of information was sanctioned by the chinese government....which means they should have been held accountable for the theft

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
this has 9/11 all over it
you watch something will happen yanks try and attack china / no way china backs down/
everyone behind the scene gets rich goes live on a beach or on the moon

americans get baited so easily
a little bow to someone else and you want the president out hahaha
what a joke

you are the most defensive quick to over react country in the world.
obama is a joke but still he got in and when he turned bad u turned on him quick smart
not a good quality to have

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join