It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really good idea for Breaking News board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How about having ontop of the thread "title" or in the "post" a "LEGIT" tag. This tag will enable by certain amount of votes from ats members, or mods, or both. The legit something it has to be real. This would solve to issue such as we had during the UKRAINE VIRUS issue. If it was real or not, I still do not know. probably not. Sounds good

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

The "legitimacy" of a topic is sort of implied by the Flag count. Plus, many topics are near impossible to validate as being legit or not, so just because a bunch of people tag a thread as "legit" doesn't make it so. So we are back to the "Flag" count being a general indicator of numerous factors.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I understand, but the word legit is far more clear than a flag. I figured flags were to get members attention. Perhaps I am wrong on this one. Anyways, would clear the air on misconceptions about the flags. Oh well. Just thinking, seeing where it goes

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I understand, but the word legit is far more clear than a flag. I figured flags were to get members attention. Perhaps I am wrong on this one. Anyways, would clear the air on misconceptions about the flags. Oh well. Just thinking, seeing where it goes

Flags are there for members to approve or highlight a topic.

The word "Legit" is dependant on perception - and in many ways, flags are the same.

One mans source, is another mans poison.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

No way is the legitimacy of a topic related to the flag count I would in fact say the exact opposite in a lot of cases, unless you believe that there actually was a nuclear false flag attack last November that was prophesied in an episode of the Simpsons.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'd like to see a date on the title of breaking news. Then if it's an old breaking story, we don't have to open to find out the age/date of the story.
There are times that a breaking news story looks new from responses, and it turns out someone has just revived the thread, and it turns out to be weeks, or months old.

top topics

join