It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift- An Intriguing Perspective For "The Great Shift"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

So having already been interested in the concept of a "Pole Shift", I was pretty intrigued by the recent 10 degree shift of the magnetic north pole, causing the Tampa Bay airport to shutdown a runway to re-align the markers; as well as all of our friends hear at ATS claiming it has something to do with the dying birds

After giving it some thought, as well as discussing it with a few people close to me, a few ideas were bartered back and forth, which gave rise to a question that is the point of this thread:

How will a pole shift affect the human race on an individual level?

It is a question that no one can ultimately answer until the pole shift happens, but one that is most definitely worth exploring.

So what is this "pole-shift" I'm talking about?

Well first a distinction has to be made between two different "types" of pole shifts... as I see this being the source of a lot of confusion among people who have heard the term, but understand it differently under different contexts and explanations.

The pole shift I am NOT talking about is the hypothetical Pole Shift where the actual geological locations of the physical poles shift as well as the axis of the planet itself, causing widespread devastation from tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes and the like. This is the pole-shift a lot of 2012 doomsday-predictors refer to. There is NO solid concrete evidence that this has ever happened, ever will happen, or is even possible- hence why it is a "hypothetical" event.

The pole shift I am talking about is a Geo-Magnetic Pole Shift- when the north magnetic pole relocates itself to where the south magnetic pole is, and vice-versa. This phenomena, if you look at the graph on the link, happens very commonly in geological time- perhaps a comparable metaphoric time-frame would be the sleep cycle of humans. You should also note from a quick glance at the graph, that we are long overdue for a pole shift, and the symptoms of an imminent pole shift (accelerating displacement of the magnetic poles) are present right now.

There is no evidence in the fossil record that this type of pole shift has caused any kind of extinctions, and our early hominid ancestors were around the last time the poles flipped, and they seemed to make it through ok, so really there is nothing to worry about in terms of geological disasters concerning this type of pole shift.

But what about on an individual biological level?

I remember the topic of a geo-magnetic pole shift was discussed in my Earth Atmospheric Sciences class in University, with my professor telling the class that it would pretty much be an instantaneous flip- one second the compass points north, the next second it points south. He also said that the worst thing that could happen would be that animals that rely on the magnetic field (birds, fish, whales, ect.) would be confused.

The question is, however, in which way does the magnetic field affect us, if at all?

We have evolved, along with the rest of nature, in a magnetically-charged world, and just because we haven't found any direct evidence that we are affected by it doesn't mean that we aren't connected to it in some way.

But, one thing we do know, is that we are most definitely magnetically sensitive people.

Some people think that wearing magnetically charged bracelets directly affects their health and balance. I'm sure any TV watcher has seen those advertisements for "Q-ray" where all the Olympic athletes and golfers are shown wearing these new-age bracelets that give them some kind of advantage over their opponents.

We also know that magnetic fields directly affect our brain: Magnetic fields have been found to stimulate brain cells, and there is even scientific proof that magnetic fields can be used to alter one's morality.

So not only do magnetic fields directly affect our health and even morality, but some scientists go so far as to claim that the electromagnetic field generated by our brains (yes, your brain does generate an electromagnetic field that is measurable) is the actual carrier of conscious experience.

With all that being said and done, it is certainly interesting to think about what could be happening to us as the poles begin to swing around, and what will happen when they flip.

Again, the question of what this pole shift will do to us comes to mind.

Could this "flip" of the poles somehow cause a complete change in consciousness, or some kind of "quantum leap" in our consciousness?

Could speculation be pushed even further, stating that such a shift could in fact change our DNA and even cause an evolution of some sort among our species and others?

In any case... all these questions and speculation are just that- questions and speculations.

None the less however, when thinking about all of the 2012 prophecies for some kind of "shift" that is going to occur, it is none the less an intriguing idea that this "shift" could in fact be the "shift" of our magnetic field.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Very interesting thoughts indeed. I for one believe we are profoundly affected by the Earths magnetic field. I remember reading a while back about astronauts being profoundly affected in a very spiritual way when they were removed from the Electromagnetic field of Earth. Many of them say it was hard to put into words, but said when in space looking down at out little blue and green and white ball floating out in nothingness they felt the creators presence. Many of the early astronauts did missionary work and such when they returned. "Magnetic Defieciency Syndrome" is what I believe it was called by the early Russian and American astronauts. I think the modern day astronauts wear magnets that simulate the Earths E.M. field, sewed into their spacesuits.
edit on 19-1-2011 by ghostsoldier78 because: mispelling

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So parents wondering where their children went wrong, "I don't blame society, I blame magnetic fields!"

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Magnetic deficiency syndrome?

ATS is becoming more and more humorous each day!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

I've heard about astronauts having that kind of experience...

However I would be more inclined to say that the spiritual side to their experience was probably more a result of them being up in space, looking down at the earth than the magnetic field itself.

One can only imagine what it would be like to look down at earth from space...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It kinda makes sense when you think about the fact that the Hemoglobin in your blood is composed of Iron. A very magnetic material. Water has been known to be influenced by magnetism also. And we are 90 percent water right? it does not sound so far fetched when you really think about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier78
It kinda makes sense when you think about the fact that the Hemoglobin in your blood is composed of Iron. A very magnetic material. Water has been known to be influenced by magnetism also. And we are 90 percent water right? it does not sound so far fetched when you really think about it.

It would seem plausible that the magnetic field does affect our physiology in some way...

However the question remains: would a reversal of the magnetic field change our physiology in some way... or would it really not cause any difference at all?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Great thread! I've been thinking about starting a similar one lately, but now I don't have to. But everywhere I look, it seems like magnetism is like the lowest common denominator for every phenomena known to man.

If you check out the program for the conference "Earth on the edge. Science for a sustainable planet" www.iugg2011.com... you see a lot of things things like paleomagnetic techniques for studying volcanos and electromagnetic studies of earthquakes.

Some say the aura is an electromagnetic field: www.kundaliniyoga.org... (Which could explain how there could be an actual shift in people. Couldn't find a really god page about it right now, though.)

And don't forget the God helmet! en.wikipedia.org...

I think more and more companys will capitalize on this. There is already a magnetic face cream: blog.americanspamag.com... . Yes, I am a girl ;-)
edit on 19-1-2011 by pimpinette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
P.S I think it would be good to have something about magnetism in the name of the thread, since there are sooo many poleshift threads. Make it stand out a little. But it is just my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pimpinette

Thanks for the input and links!

I remember hearing about that "god helmet"... pretty interesting!

I also remember hearing a doctor suggest that some near-death experiences could be the result of all the magnetism from the electrical equipment messing around with a dying brain.

Either way... one thing is for sure: Magnetism is trippy

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
maybe pole shifts have been creating holes in space-time which may explain why there have been so many damn UFO sightings....i mean, we're talking like 2 or 3 sighting videos on youtube a day.....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

There is no evidence in the fossil record that this type of pole shift has caused any kind of extinctions, and our early hominid ancestors were around the last time the poles flipped, and they seemed to make it through ok, so really there is nothing to worry about in terms of geological disasters concerning this type of pole shift.

Great post but I have to interject here. There is proof. Uncovered through all the layers of rock lay extinctions. There are common factors in these layers just like at the K/T boundary. Certain minerals and element present that can only be explained by explosions in our atmosphere. At these extinction sites you will also find it coincides with magnetic reversals. I'm going to suggest a book that I just read about it called "Magnetic Reversals and Evolutionary Leaps by Robert Felix. He goes into depth with all the proof and factors.

www.evolutionaryleaps.com...

a snipit from the page

There's the Gothenburg magnetic reversal of 11,500 years ago, when the mammoths went extinct.

There's the Mono Lake magnetic reversal of 23,000 years ago, when the earth descended into catastrophic glaciation.

There's the Lake Mungo magnetic reversal of 33,500 years ago, when the Neanderthals went extinct.

And there are several others, such as the Laschamp, the Blake, Biwa I, Biwa II, Biwa III ... the list goes on. (See Magnetic Reversal Chart.)

There's even the Big Lost magnetic reversal of 640,000 years ago, when - just by coincidence? - the Yellowstone supervolcano erupted.

In fact, my research shows that our planet undergoes a magnetic reversal about every 11,500 years and, agreeing with the BGS on this point, I think the next reversal is now due.

edit on 20-1-2011 by favouriteslave because: changed link

edit on 20-1-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

top topics

join