Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities

page: 5
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Also Chinese people cant even watch spiderman2 and Harry potter why?
cuz the Chinese government says it is bad for the moral thinking of our kids
yeah right


really?? don't think so sir-we do forbid some movies in the past but gradually increase the no. of films imported each year. this is a policy to protect national film industry and so far as i know spiderman2 can not be shown in china now is another chinese movies\ʖt occured to be conflict with it. every country have policys like that u know and it didn't against any international law sir


cause there r limitations on no. of imported films i think harry porrter3 was unfortuatly failed the selection. people who want to see it can get it from internet p2p or illegal discs(i know this is not right)

just towrods the word i quote from u, nothing to do wiht the main topic of the thread




posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah right cuz there are films in conflict with it what does china have its own version of spiderman and Harry potter
also they just want to ban it because they don't want western companies to make money off china also p2p and illegal discs are in violation of your country's banning the movie.



posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
However, given the rhetoric, it won't be the U.S. starting it, it would be China.


I do not see how you can infer that. China would concentrate on internal development. US can not strip the opportunity for Chinese people to better our living conditions. Spend resources in domestic infrastructure, not on millitary. Otherwise, US will fall on its own sword sooner.



posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
However, given the rhetoric, it won't be the U.S. starting it, it would be China.


I do not see how you can infer that. China would concentrate on internal development. US can not strip the opportunity for Chinese people to better our living conditions. Spend resources in domestic infrastructure, not on millitary. Otherwise, US will fall on its own sword sooner.



posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by germ
THis tells me two things. 1) That the US has military dominance over China and 2) China realises that a democratic Taiwan is devastating to its Communist ways.

It is known to the world, that US has superiority in the world. China knows that war between US and China will destroy both nation. China do not care how Taiwanese people govern themselves as long as Taiwan is part of China. I am for the interest of Chinese people, current government happens to represent the interest of most Chinese people, so I support it. The day the Chinese leadership abandons Taiwan, it will be the day I declare war against the government.



The US has no problems being at peace with China so long as it allows Taiwan.

You recoginition of Taiwan independence does not bear any significance. I challenge to defend Taiwa, when the Unification war starts. I will be there contributing anything I can, be it life or labour.



Leave Taiwan alone, and we will leave u alone.

You wish. Good luck to you and those supporting Taiwan independence anyway.



posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hypothetically, what makes you think if we were fired upon by several nukes we would fire back? Because the US government implies that they would, because I just "know" they would, or because it is just ethical to do so? Just curious because the last I checked the US government standings, they are not doing very well to asure the American people that they for truth and justice and "the American way" - incidentally, what is "the American way" anyway? What makes you think that America's so called leaders have not already soled out?

I may or may not believe what I just stated, but what would happen if our government did not retaliate after a strike. If something that drastic happened and all our major cities were destroyed, maybe we would have to rely on the UN for help??? Maybe China and the UN are the world's "super power"? I just don't know if I have enough faith in our leaders to actually be in our best interest or protect us, etc. Do other countries really need us anymore? You know the saying "the weakest will parish", well maybe as far as power goes, we are the weaker now.



posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah right cuz there are films in conflict with it what does china have its own version of spiderman and Harry potter
also they just want to ban it because they don't want western companies to make money off china also p2p and illegal discs are in violation of your country's banning the movie.

..................................................do u feel happy now??
..................................................

[edit on 19-7-2004 by taobo33]



posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
I do not see how you can infer that. China would concentrate on internal development. US can not strip the opportunity for Chinese people to better our living conditions. Spend resources in domestic infrastructure, not on millitary. Otherwise, US will fall on its own sword sooner.


Easy. Any such war will likely be over the independent island country of Taiwan. China will begin with an attack on the country, the US will come in and defend it. There you have a Sino-USA war started by China. That is so obviously the most likely scenario, I shouldn't even have to post it on here.



posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
[It is known to the world, that US has superiority in the world. China knows that war between US and China will destroy both nation. China do not care how Taiwanese people govern themselves as long as Taiwan is part of China. I am for the interest of Chinese people, current government happens to represent the interest of most Chinese people, so I support it. The day the Chinese leadership abandons Taiwan, it will be the day I declare war against the government.


The problem for you and your ChiCom buddies is that the Taiwanese people have no wish to be governed from Beijing, nor do the majority of Taiwanese favor the idea of Taiwan being a part of one-China. China has no legal claim to the island as Taiwan was not "returned" to China following World War II. Check the peace treaty!



You recoginition of Taiwan independence does not bear any significance. I challenge to defend Taiwa, when the Unification war starts. I will be there contributing anything I can, be it life or labour.


So, you support the Chinese military coming in and taking another territory that has no desire to live under Beijing's tyranny?



You wish. Good luck to you and those supporting Taiwan independence anyway.


Taiwan already IS independent!



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
Easy. Any such war will likely be over the independent island country of Taiwan. China will begin with an attack on the country, the US will come in and defend it. There you have a Sino-USA war started by China.


China will avoid attacking US ships as long as they do not attack PLA, but will be prepared to retaliate. We had a example before.

US will attack PLA forces for Unification, and China will retaliate. If you think China starts the war, your need to walk on your head.

If Taiwan was a indenpendent nation, why US is not recognizing it? Do you know the name of nations recognize Taiwan, and can you find them in the world map? Why no seat in UN, Why Taiwan is still trying to join WHO with no success yet?

Of course, you can tell everyone that you are billionaire, although you are actually begging in the street.



posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
Hypothetically, what makes you think if we were fired upon by several nukes we would fire back? Because the US government implies that they would, because I just "know" they would, or because it is just ethical to do so? Just curious because the last I checked the US government standings, they are not doing very well to asure the American people that they for truth and justice and "the American way" - incidentally, what is "the American way" anyway? What makes you think that America's so called leaders have not already soled out?

I may or may not believe what I just stated, but what would happen if our government did not retaliate after a strike. If something that drastic happened and all our major cities were destroyed, maybe we would have to rely on the UN for help??? Maybe China and the UN are the world's "super power"? I just don't know if I have enough faith in our leaders to actually be in our best interest or protect us, etc. Do other countries really need us anymore? You know the saying "the weakest will parish", well maybe as far as power goes, we are the weaker now.



Ok this is serious I want you to listen very carefully get up and got to the doctor and tell them i need medication because I have been smoking crack for too long
Waht you just said above is the funniest thing i have heard all day so we spend trillions of dollars to build and maintain our 2000+ ICBM's and if we were fired upon we would not retaliate
This is written on so many US manuals and protocols I cant count on my hands that IF the US was Fired upon buy another country it is the policy of this nation to strike in a full retaliatory response



[edit on 20-7-2004 by WestPoint23]



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i agree that no coutry will start a nuclear war.
but i don't think there is much difference between 250 and 8000 nukes.
especially when u know there will be a "nuclear winter"(have I spelled right?)



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wonder just how many folks still clutch their little fantasies that strategic nuclear weapons are only targeted on certain areas/countries?

Sorry to bear bad news but here's the 'real politic' - in the event of 'the big one' kicking off, everyone is going to get hit, badly.

Every single major population centre would be nuked......what on earth do you think 'overkill' is really about?

Does anyone in their right mind think that the USA, Russia, France, the UK or China is going to allow the possibility of a situation where they utterly destroy themselves and Bolivia or Zimbabwe or Laos (whoever) would 'be allowed' to become the next super-power once the dust had settled?

Wake up.



[edit on 21-8-2004 by sminkeypinkey]



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Does anyone in their right mind think that the USA, Russia, France, the UK or China is going to allow the possibility of a situation where they utterly destroy themselves and Bolivia or Zimbabwe or Laos (whoever) would 'be allowed' to become the next super-power once the dust had settled?
[edit on 21-8-2004 by sminkeypinkey]


Sminkey Sminkey come on...... Im just kidding I agree with you on this one.

I think that everbody will get to join in on the fun. But even if some banna republic escaped a nuke, the winter that is comming will pretty much take care of them.



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I believe that a nuclear strike by China will not come in the form a rain of nuclear missles, if it comes at all. My assumption is that they will apply an asymetric approach to it. What better way to take out your enemy then with a few hundred nukes in trucks or cars. We have an enormous coastline and borders that nearly impossible to watch competely. The chinese have a concept called "Assasin Mace" a inferior beats a superior. Plus the Chinese have been developing post-atomic weapon (Project 868) since 1982. They could have a merid of weapons that have nothing do with atomic weapons. Most great powers, (US, Russia, China), have realized that atomic weapon aren't a effective battlefield weapon. Our answer to the Post-atomic weapons age is fire superiority and LO stealth. If you can have a greater punch with every bomb and your enemy can't detect you. Then their mean of defence and offence on every level can be taken out.



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Sometimes I wonder if we even deserve to be here.


I agree. Well put!



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
......even if some banna republic escaped a nuke, the winter that is comming will pretty much take care of them.


- well it's true that 'my source' informed me of this type of thinking before the whole idea of the nuclear winter gained a wider acceptance.

Nevertheless winter or not I would bet everything on this still being the truth of the matter.

Perversely it also still remains possibly our best hope that it never comes to pass.



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pATTONME
zcheng how can you say that we shouldn't believe our governments reports when you live in a communist nation that surely lies more than any american politician I can think of.


Every government reveals 'truth' that is false. Yes we live in the US but if our government never has propaganda, why does our President get hopped up on narcotics before taking pre-screened questions from handpicked reporters at press conferences? This country is becoming more like the Soviet Union was every single day.



posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
Hypothetically, what makes you think if we were fired upon by several nukes we would fire back? Because the US government implies that they would, because I just "know" they would, or because it is just ethical to do so? Just curious because the last I checked the US government standings, they are not doing very well to asure the American people that they for truth and justice and "the American way" - incidentally, what is "the American way" anyway? What makes you think that America's so called leaders have not already soled out?

I may or may not believe what I just stated, but what would happen if our government did not retaliate after a strike. If something that drastic happened and all our major cities were destroyed, maybe we would have to rely on the UN for help??? Maybe China and the UN are the world's "super power"? I just don't know if I have enough faith in our leaders to actually be in our best interest or protect us, etc. Do other countries really need us anymore? You know the saying "the weakest will parish", well maybe as far as power goes, we are the weaker now.


Deterrence states that you must fire if fired upon. The decision is automatic. The only problem might be individuals in the chain of command as pictured in the movie "War Games," where an Air Force officer locked up when it was time to 'push the button.'



posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah right cuz there are films in conflict with it what does china have its own version of spiderman and Harry potter
also they just want to ban it because they don't want western companies to make money off china also p2p and illegal discs are in violation of your country's banning the movie.


- What's this Westy?

Your obvious hostility and fear off China - not to mention WW3 itself - is perfectly OK with you because of China has the gaul not to blithely allow US/western garbage 'culture' in without a care; wow how dare they eh? What would good ol' 'uncle' Walt - don't call him a fascist - Disney say about that?!.....

....and they have the nerve not to care sufficiently for you about music/film copyright laws (which are, let's face it, these days mostly about protecting ever larger corporate profits, not producing anyone of any actual new talent)?

Yeah right. That's bright.

You'd stir things up and risk nuking the world to protect the US's 'right' to cultural imperialism (polluting foreign cultures with garbage) and the profits of the already mega profitable corporations, huh?

God save us all from this insanity.





top topics
 
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join