It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yes, but China won't be attacking our Cities. With only 250 missiles, they have to target our launch facilities (if they can even find them all) or they won't be around long enough to see if their missiles hit anything.

The land mass of mainland China is roughly 5,800,000 square miles. This means that we have one nuke for every 750 square miles of Chinese land. Such a chunk of land is about 28 miles wide and 28 miles long. The blast radius of even small nukes is equal to or larger than that. In other words, we can litterally carpet bomb China with Nukes if it gets to a point where we have to.

I doubt China is willing to risk being turned into a big sheet of glass just to whack a few of our cities. I say again, you insult China by thinking them that stupid.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Don't worry, the ones running China aren't Brainwashed into thinking they could win unlike this guy.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Yes, but China won't be attacking our Cities. With only 250 missiles, they have to target our launch facilities (if they can even find them all) or they won't be around long enough to see if their missiles hit anything.

What if each missile is armed with 4-12 warhead?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

What if each missile is armed with 4-12 warhead?

Won't matter. The entire military might of China cannot destroy the US mainland right now. It's simply not enough and the US is just too big (larger than mainland China). You would have to invade and even if you could get your troops here (the few that would be left will swim I guess), you would then be facing the most horrendous foes you could ever imagine and that is the surviving American people, armed and pissed off at you.

No, as I've said all along, China and the US will not go to war with each other, not even over Taiwan. I don't believe that China is suicidal and that is what it would be. I say again, any country that Nukes the USA will not survive as a country. We have made it pretty clear what the results would be. Doubt us if you want, but I bet the leaders of China don't.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Won't matter. The entire military might of China cannot destroy the US mainland right now. It's simply not enough and the US is just too big (larger than mainland China). You would have to invade and even if you could get your troops here (the few that would be left will swim I guess), you would then be facing the most horrendous foes you could ever imagine and that is the surviving American people, armed and pissed off at you.

No, as I've said all along, China and the US will not go to war with each other, not even over Taiwan. I don't believe that China is suicidal and that is what it would be. I say again, any country that Nukes the USA will not survive as a country. We have made it pretty clear what the results would be. Doubt us if you want, but I bet the leaders of China don't.

So true. Americans LOVE guns, and have more of them privately then China as a country holds. That doesn't even take into acount millitary stockpiles...

And as I'd be happy to show any Chi-comm invader, Americans are the best shots in the world as a people because we own and use guns. Hell, I'd bet that by the age of 12 I had fired more rounds then the average rifleman from China does in his whole life.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
www.emergency.com...

The article reveals some of China's nuclear capabilities and also points out that some missiles are pointed at Russia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that China/Russia have a military pact and have a strong recent relationship? Afterall, China is funding the Russian military after the economic collapse of the Soviet Union and their recent ties.

There has never been full trust between these two countries. Yes they sell them weapons but having that many chinese on russias border never made the russians feel at ease.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

A great point, totally agree. US and China should be friends, not enemy.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
MAD - mutually assured destruction does work and will continue to work. Thank goodness for our ballistic missile subs as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Yes, but China won't be attacking our Cities. With only 250 missiles, they have to target our launch facilities I doubt China is willing to risk being turned into a big sheet of glass just to whack a few of our cities. I say again, you insult China by thinking them that stupid.

Actually the number is less than that. They currently have 24 D-5 that can hit the CONUS. the other nuc's are tactical and shorter range (Taiwan, Guam, maybe Hawaii etc.) . No the leadership of China is not crazy and have and will continue to maintain that this is just sabre rattling. Period

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

They need to send satellites up there first I believe.

Yes. US has the GPS with precision of about 100 or 10 meters? Russia also has a similar system. China now has at least 3 satelites for positioning.

Anyway, I think 100 meter error does not mean much for nukes.

Where are you getting your facts the US military has between 150-200 satellites up there if not more and the gps system is accurate to 1-5 meters so 3 satellites with 200 big gap also the US put its first satellite up more than 40 years ago also china I believe has 20 ICBM's the rest of its nukes are not ICBM's just regular dumb bombs and check our Janes defense that is where i got my facts about chinas ICBM's so if china it thinks it can take out Russia and the US with that much damn its in big trouble the US can shoot that many down so china is in big trouble.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Again, even if China had identical technology, 8000 nukes against 250 is just too much of a gap. Someone said that China could hit 90% of the US with nukes. Is that all at once?

Excuse me then if you will, what I truly meant was that Chinese ICBM's are able to reach 90% of US territory not nuke 90% of its territory all at once.

The point I'm trying to get across here is that we simply cannot dismiss the fact that they can nuke that much of our territory. This is a huge threat we must consider. Many argue that the Chinese government is not stupid enough to launch nukes. Yes, that is a great observation but I have more to add. They will not launch nukes immediately once a war commences, but rather in desperate situations as would all other countries.

Have any of you played strategy games here? If you're playing a strategy game and the enemy has just destroyed all of your territory/base or is occupying it and all you have left is a small strip of land with nothing but a small and incapable military and a nuke launcher; would you launch the nuke in hopes that you'll hit something that may cripple the enemy?

It's as simple as that. Desperate times call for desperate actions. Would you rather live to a ripe old age or die in your 30's because a nuke fell in your city?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Where are you getting your facts the US military has between 150-200 satellites up there if not more and the gps system is accurate to 1-5 meters so 3 satellites with 200 big gap also the US put its first satellite up more than 40 years ago also china I believe has 20 ICBM's the rest of its nukes are not ICBM's just regular dumb bombs and check our Janes defense that is where i got my facts about chinas ICBM's so if china it thinks it can take out Russia and the US with that much damn its in big trouble the US can shoot that many down so china is in big trouble.
[edit on 12-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

Yes. Janes defense is a great reference site, but do you believe that these are the true capability of China? If you think so, great.

Do you think the true capability of China will be shown on the public? Do you know recently China just launched a solid feuled rocket and send a nano satellite to sky. Of course they can also used to deliver warheads if needed. They are very convenient to move around and hide. The recent rumor of 094 sub can carry about 16 missile of 10,000 km, and can have about 6-8 warheads each. Of course, it is just a rumor, no need to concern.

I have said too many times: In war, US can destroy China, China can also destroy US. Recognize the fact, so US and China can be peaceful together.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes, in all my postings on this subject, I have outragously exagerated the numbers for the Chinese, just to make the lack of parity that much more clear if anyone actually went and looked it up.

Truth is, they certainly don't have ALL of their stuff pointed at us and we don't have ALL our stuff pointed at them so we don't realy know what the actual effective numbers are.

The extreme military inbalance pretty much makes this topic moot, if you ask me, because it won't happen anytime soon, no matter what happens in NK or Taiwan.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Truth is, they certainly don't have ALL of their stuff pointed at us and we don't have ALL our stuff pointed at them so we don't realy know what the actual effective numbers are.

Do you know the difference of a city being nuke once or 34 times?
Why US did not dare to use Nuke on the first Korean War, when China did not have any missle and nuke for retaliation? You sure think US would like to have nulear exchange with China today. :LOL:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The whole object of China's nucs being aimed at the US is the same as the US's nucs being aimed at China and Russia... to DETER the use of a nuclear weapon or risk MAD. Neither China nor the US would be dumb enough to lob a nuc at the other... PERIOD. Its all part of PsyOps to keep the other's military in check, and apparently it works.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

www.emergency.com...

The article reveals some of China's nuclear capabilities and also points out that some missiles are pointed at Russia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that China/Russia have a military pact and have a strong recent relationship? Afterall, China is funding the Russian military after the economic collapse of the Soviet Union and their recent ties.

China and Russia were bitter enemies through the Cold War.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Why US did not dare to use Nuke on the first Korean War, when China did not have any missle and nuke for retaliation? You sure think US would like to have nulear exchange with China today. :LOL:

You may be able to tell us about the city nuked 34 times with your rhetoric

Nukes were not used in Korea for one main reason. Nucular weapons are strategic weapons and one used they loose all deternent value. Also in such a small region it would have impacted our troops as well. Remeber at the time China had ZERO ability to hit the US period. However, Russia may have stepped in at that point. Even when you gobernment tried to intervene and save Kim Sr. they did not pop a few over your advancing troops. Despite this, you were still beaten back to the old lines

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

You may be able to tell us about the city nuked 34 times with your rhetoric

It shows in terms of deterrence, China is comparable to US.

Despite this, you were still beaten back to the old lines

Who boosts that US troops could return for Christmas of 1951. When was the memorial built for Korean war? :LOL:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
According to this report, an anonymous poster sent an internal document of the Chinese Defense Ministry to the Hong Kong magazine The Trend (Dong Xiang). This document reveals that China at present has a total of 2,350 nuclear warheads. This number i s about 8 times larger than the 300 generally cited in the Western media. Among the 2,350 warheads are about 550 tactical nukes and 1,800 strategic nukes. The document also reveals that the annual production of warheads was about 110-120 i n the 1980's and about 140-150 at present.

Also, 10,000 nuclear explosions in China are NOT sufficient to vitrify the land owning to geological and geographical complications, eg, China has far more mountains than US. Theoretical calculation suggests that such vitrification process requires roughly 192,0000 explosions. However, the nuclear fall-out (ie, airborne radioactive particles) will drift acoss pacific ocean and deposit in the US mainland, destroying every live-stock on the way. Everyone knows why a balloon can drift from China to the US, not the other way around.

www.kimsoft.com...

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just announced China will test three types of Missiles.
DF-21, intermediate range missile of about 2500 km
DF-31, long range 8000-10,000 km
JL-2, long range 8000km, for nuclear submarine, able to carry 6-8 warhead each.

I guess that is related to US show of force in Pacific and massing in Korea. Hope mutual deterrence will work this time as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join