It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

It doesn't mean any other country is "worse" then the US. But admit it - any country on earth would switch places with us.

What a typical arrogant comment!!

I sure as helll wouldn't want to switch places with your country!!!!!

They call Australia "the lucky country" which it is, and its where I'm staying.

I'm sure if you did a poll on the residents of Australia on whether they wanted to switch places it would be 100% against being like you.

Perhaps you should "get off your high horse".

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Jubilee]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
OOPS! OOPS! OOPS!

Stuffed that up didn't I.

PS. Lucky that the majority of Americans dont think like you.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee

OOPS! OOPS! OOPS!

Stuffed that up didn't I.

PS. Lucky that the majority of Americans dont think like you.

What makes you think the majority of Americans don't think like him??

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by philstix

Originally posted by Blackout

All this talk of technology, when the best technology in the world is man himself, all the satellites in the world (or around the world) cannot match the mark 1 eyeball !

I assume you've never heard of laser-guided or heat-seeking missiles, correct?

And how do you aim the laser to guide the missile without the eye ?

The eye is far better as it is attached to the brain, which can reason far more soundly than any computer yet invented.

If the eye was outdated by technology, why do we still send in Special forces or Recon to gather intel ? Why, because no matter what technology you use, the mark 1 eyeball beats the lot, as it comes as part of the complete package.

They have unmanned recon aircraft...

And don't tell me your eye will beat a heat-seeking missile.

Also, even if the laser depends on the eye that does not make the eye better than the laser as you were stating that no technology beats the eye.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Blackout]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
well I know which id rather rely on.

Maybe a personal choice, but I just think sometimes we place a little too much faith in technology, after all wasnt a sleath plane brought down by some peasants with their hunting rifles ?

All those millions brought to earth by just a few quids worth of gunpowder and shot.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

well I know which id rather rely on.

Maybe a personal choice, but I just think sometimes we place a little too much faith in technology, after all wasnt a sleath plane brought down by some peasants with their hunting rifles ?

All those millions brought to earth by just a few quids worth of gunpowder and shot.

Where did you here this ?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It was on the BBC news a few years ago, and on the front pages of most of the international press and on CNN, during the Yugoslavian conflict.

The US denied it at first, but when "peasants" were filmed holding pieces of the plane they claimed had been shot down, and big identifiable pieces at that.

The US had to admit that yes a stealth plane had crashed, but of course they would not admit it had been shot down, the attributed it to simply a malfunction.

Now it depends what you believe, was it merely a malfunction that just happened to occur as the plane was fired on, was it a lucky shot that piecered on important part of the plane ? Does it matter, it just proves technology, no matter how sophistcated can fail.

www.aeronautics.ru...

This is the latest "official line" even though I recall everyone saying no missile had been used

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 24-9-2004 by philstix]

[edit on 24-9-2004 by philstix]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
May God create peace on Earth. Anybody can aim at anybody else almost all the time. We need missile defense more than ever.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
i rather have china aiming nukes at everyone then any other country, especially usa. asians are pretty calm and chilled people, just pay em a visit from time to time. only the asian politicians are easily heated up in debates. but when it comes down to it..they don't press the nuke button easily. they aint gun-ho unlike a certain country...

to have nukes isn't right. we know what damage it can do. period, no need to talk about that further. having nukes is bad mmkay.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
mods are mods ... mods will be mods ... forever

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Benjamin Fulford reports from Tokyo on a mysterious plasma weapon seen prior to the Niigata earthquake in July, 2007 and red, white and blue lights seen prior to the recent earthquake in China. Both quakes targeted nuclear facilities...coincidence?

video.google.com...
Babcha

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What if China was to use a proxy nation like North Korea to launch nukes at the US, America would then have to justify nuking China.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Not all Americans buy that crud, only ones with low self esteem.

That stuff about America being numero uno. . . I am American, and here is how I see it. That was yesterday's paradigm. Today our economy is so raped by the corporations that if the rest of the world chose to cut their losses and burn the US dollars they hold. The US would collapse like a rusted out Chevy. That is why we keep going on the offensive. To suppress attempts to abandon the dollar.

Now we act as whore to the corporations like Monsanto which wants to own the genome of every form of life on the planet. Some day they will own enough of the human genome that if they want, they can sue you for copyright infringment for being alive, and bye bye to you.

Fundimental changes need to be made to international law to reign in the corporations, and make them subservient to the rights of the individual.
No one should be allowed to accumulate obscene wealth.

If you want a common enemy the corporate structures are it. They are a threat to every nation and individual on the planet.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Capitalism fails after the initial boom in Technology. After this, Corporations become greedy and want to own everything.

Marxism fails in exactly the same context, but not with Corporations, but instead with a handful of individuals (or even just one) in the form of a dicatorship based on incessant greed.

Corporate facism is where the Corporations run the government. They hold all the keys to the Castle.

Communism is where the government owns the Corporations. The Corporations abide by the "state". The government holds the keys to the Castle.

China wants a New World Order under the guise of Communism.

The US wants a New World Order under the guise of Corporate Facism.

In both situations, wealth is accumulated at the top. The majority work for the other have considerably less.

Hence, the colliision course between the US and China for world hemogany.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
China would not survive a military engagement with the USA.

China would have their strategic missiles destroyed within the first 5 minutes of the conflict. They would be taken out by US nuclear attacks on their silo's. The attacks would be launched from US Navy boomers. Each Ohio class boomer carries 168 300 Kt nuclear warheads. 24 Trident III ICBM's with 7 MIRV's each.

Tactical strikes with conventional and extremely low yield weapons would take out the Chinese government, but Beijing and other major population centers (not close to silos) would be spared pending a complete surrender by remaining ChiCom forces.

Follow-up attacks would come from B-1 Lancers carrying B 53 10 MT nuclear warheads. The Lancers would clear paths of air defenses to allow US Engineers to take over Chinese radio communication key points.

Chinese bridges and dams would be taken out with long range waverider supersonic cruise missiles with conventional and low yield nukes. ( 1 - 1.5 Kt) Targets would include the Three Rivers Dam.

Every Chinese flagged ship afloat would be sunk within 24 hours.

Taiwan would lead a land invasion of the PRC and would easily seize it from the shattered Chinese forces. The Chinese forces would be in disarray. They would lack communications, food, fuel, electricity, and any awareness of their tactical situation.

The Taiwanese would be supported by the SEATO alliance and would have a relatively easy time establishing control.

The PRC understands that this would be the outcome and will not push a war until they feel they are ready to present enough of a threat that the US will not defend Taiwan. They are in no hurry.

A Chinese general was recently quoted as saying, "The PRC would last 9 days in a war with the USA." He was being very optimistic.

It is likely that no Chinese warhead would strike US territory. If they managed to launch anything, our interceptors would probably shoot them down. Once China had been through 10 minutes of this fight, they would no longer have command and control functioning over their forces.

Fighting China would be a terrible waste of humanity. The Chinese people are good people and don't deserve that kind of outcome. They are hardworking, intelligent and have a very good sense of humor. The fact that a country with this level of industriousness only has 24 CONUS capable ICBM's indicates that they have no real seal to fight the west.

If Taiwan were not an issue, China would be a very close ally of the USA.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I see lots of testosterone and 'size' comparisons on this thread. I have also noticed that zcheng continually makes the point that the US and China should be friends rather than enemies. This gives me some hope for the future.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
edit

--error--

edit

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Not surprising and I'm willing to bet the US and Russia both have nukes aimed at China also. Russia and China are potential enemies because of their geographic proximity and the US is a superpower with global reach.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You know I like Nuclear weapons being targeted, the good thing about that is it makes it easy to know where they will be landing and heck yeah a mile or 2 makes a pretty major difference to me!

I want all nukes to have the best guidance system possible, so they land exactly where they are suppossed to and aside from bad luck...

I don't have to be in those places

every body will go off on the whole "there is no way you will survive a nuclear war thing"

well i'm an optimist

and to me, Step One:

1: Don't be right under the Nuclear Bomb when it lands!

That's a damn good start.

Now my apt in the city here is straight F%$#'d, But I keep a place upstate for when things get "hot"

and in fact over the next six months i'm moving all my important stuff up there and just keeping this place for shoppng and going out on the weekends and hopefully...armageddon doesn't start on a weekend

But i'm seriously locating myself in a town of 5,000 noone has a Nuke aimed where i'm going... closest targets I can identify would be 100 miles in either direction, Way, way out of the range of any dead zone or fireball of any kind...

and you know...

a crappy poorly targeted missile could just dang land 100 miles of course...

so that screws up my whole agenda....

I say launch a few satellites for the Chinese so they have better aim... Because i'm locating my main home 330 yards from the Navajo reservation for a reason and the last thing I need is a damn warhead landing smack dab in the middle of it

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
... lets be honest...

all of china's nukes s,like the USA and like Russia point UP...

im sure in mid flight, the countries could send it new co-ordinates and have it change in mid-air to hit a new target.

what classes as pointing at a city?

Does the US need chinas cities co-ordinates in a file to say

'' we point our nukes at china ''

im sure even FRANCE, has its nukes programmed against britain... this means didly squat!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join