It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

Originally posted by mad scientist
Besides China's GDP is only half of the US's.

Only half of the US's? That would make them the second largest economy in the world, $2.2 trillion above Japan:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes that's right, their GDP is around $US5.7 trillion

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Only half of the US's? That would make them the second largest economy in the world, $2.2 trillion above Japan:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes that's right, their GDP is around $US5.7 trillion

My emphasis was on your use of the term "only."

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by philstix

I quite like the Americans I have met, but you are the kind of arrogant dickhead that gives your country a bad name.

Thats funny, because I have never had a problem with anyone I conversed with in any of the countries I have been in. In fact, like I said, I was complimented greatly.

And what I said wasn't arrogance - it was the truth. The simple fact of the matter is that the US DOES dominate pop culture, it DOES dominate the world economy, it DOES dominate world politcs, and it DOES have the most powerful military. I am sorry if you don't like having to hear who is top dog, but it's the way # is.

It doesn't mean any other country is "worse" then the US. But admit it - any country on earth would switch places with us.

The UK is a small country yet our pound sterling could crush the dollar if we chose by simply joining the Euro, in fact check the rates at the moment. The Chinese could kill you economically if they really wished by simply undercutting everything you export.

Crush the dollar by joining the EU? I was under the impression that you would have to adopt the Euro as your currency, thus it would be the Euro dominating the Dollar. I'd like to see any SINGLE country take on the dollar by it's self. It should show you something that it takes a whole continent worth of countries to compete.

As for saying you are filthy rich, powerful and free, well

1. The US has some of the most abject poverty in the civilsed world, and some of the largest ghetto's.

OK - so does the rest of the free world. Everyone has there own ghttos - or do you think that all of the UK is rich? The fact is, since we are larger then most of the rest of these countries, we are going to have more people living in poverty.

2. Yes you are powerful, but still capable of being slapped down should you annoy enough of the rest of the globe, not so much in a military way, but a financial way - do some research on the crash of the 20's

Right. and if this was done the world economy would collapse as well. So no one would do this, because we would drag everyone with us.

3. If you truly believe you are living in a free country as a free man, what the **** are you doing on this website. If you are truly so niaive then read some other subject lines and quickly.

I am here because of my interest in the military (aircraft mostly) and politics, with lesser interests in technology. Do you get it yet?

And by the way - I'd say the UK - and Europe in general - is more restricted then the US. You can not own guns, and in London, big brother is always watching on all of those cameras everywhere. What exactly are they for? We don't have them in the US.

Oh and by the way, I have yet to meet anyone who is envious of America, or even slightly jealous, but on my travels in Europe, the majority opinion is that Americans are loudmouthed, arrogant morons with no thought for anyone elses traditions or history. This is wrong, but I can understand it when I read your postings, anyone who had the misfortune to meet you would inevitably remember the meeting and tell their friends thus undermining the good work done by some of your other countrymen.

LOL - I have been to europe MANY times, both on buisness and pleasure. I still talk to many people I have met there. Basically, you are wrong in your assumption. Just because I say what everyone knows does not make me arrogant. I don't go around saying everyone else sucks, but I will tell you that the US is WAY more competitive in the buisness world. I will say that our country is rich. And I will say that every country (as far as government is concerned) would switch places with us. Those are just facts.

I have met and served with many Americans and I have always found them to be great and worthy colleagues, but then they all seemed to be a bit more learned than your good self, and treated everyone else with the respect that was deserved.

And how have I disrespected anyone here? I have said not a single bad word about any other country. In fact, the only loudmouthed unlearned one treating anyone with a lack of respect is you, with your ohhh so stellar vocabulary choice with words like "dickhead" and "moron".

Basically - you are a hypocrit. Get off your high horse and take a good long look in the mirror buddy, because the things you are trying to label Americans and me as are the very same things you are guilty of in the only time I have ever spoken to you.

MrZ

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Do you have a link to this information about China owning half of US treasury bonds - I don't believe this to be true. As far as I know Japan is still the largest holder.
There are many wealthy Chinese now, who wouldn't look favorably on the Chicom governement stuffing the economy. Without economic growth in China they won't be able to afford their toys.

sorry, i read China and Japan together hold 50% of US treasury bonds. China is putting its trade surplus into more govt bonds

www.atimes.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
AMM, I dont really feel a long reply is required, I assume you know what contradiction means ?

Well check your long reply to my posting, you contradict yourself all over the shop.

As promised, I wont even begin to address your lack of knowledge of world economics and how theoretically, the dollar could be wiped out with no effect whatsoever on the rest of the worlds finances.

Edit to avoid war in this thread.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't think those figures are real GDP. They are figures adjusted for PPP, which is purchase power parity.

China is still way behind the USA, not even close.

The only realistic competitor to the USA as world superpower is the EU. The Europeans are doing it the right way. They provide full benefits to all their citizens and the standards of living is very high. USA on the other hand, the disparity between rich and poor is growing. More people have lost their jobs, and health insurance in the last 4 years.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrZ

Do you have a link to this information about China owning half of US treasury bonds - I don't believe this to be true. As far as I know Japan is still the largest holder.
There are many wealthy Chinese now, who wouldn't look favorably on the Chicom governement stuffing the economy. Without economic growth in China they won't be able to afford their toys.

sorry, i read China and Japan together hold 50% of US treasury bonds. China is putting its trade surplus into more govt bonds

www.atimes.com...

More reason why the USA and China should work together instead of fighting. But I think the NeoCons are targeting China.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldenboy

More reason why the USA and China should work together instead of fighting. But I think the NeoCons are targeting China.

Probably because CHina is a threat to the peace and stability of the democratic nations in the Pacific Asia region.

MrZ

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I think so too, the US shouldn't think of China as a competitor because sooner or later China will surpass the US and it's better for both sides to build a better relationship. The time of idealogical differences are over, but it will take some time to change people's opinions.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
OMFG LMFAO ROFFL LMAO LMFAO!!
:

[size=20]zcheng I

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I don't think those figures are real GDP. They are figures adjusted for PPP, which is purchase power parity.

China is still way behind the USA, not even close.

The only realistic competitor to the USA as world superpower is the EU. The Europeans are doing it the right way. They provide full benefits to all their citizens and the standards of living is very high. USA on the other hand, the disparity between rich and poor is growing. More people have lost their jobs, and health insurance in the last 4 years.

Erm...right...but that information was drawn from the CIA factbook. In per capita income, China does not compare but the overall country's treasury is half that of the USA's. Not to mention the US has far more debt to pay up.

The person above also needs to stop spamming and adding a million smilies to the post and expanding people's browser windows =\.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

www.emergency.com...

The article reveals some of China's nuclear capabilities and also points out that some missiles are pointed at Russia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that China/Russia have a military pact and have a strong recent relationship? Afterall, China is funding the Russian military after the economic collapse of the Soviet Union and their recent ties.

heres a news flash:

AMERICAN NUKES AIMED AT CHINESE CITIES!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
All this talk of technology, when the best technology in the world is man himself, all the satellites in the world (or around the world) cannot match the mark 1 eyeball !

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

All this talk of technology, when the best technology in the world is man himself, all the satellites in the world (or around the world) cannot match the mark 1 eyeball !

I have to disagree every electronic optical sensor these days is far better than the eyeball
I assume you mean the human brain.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I assume you've never heard of laser-guided or heat-seeking missiles, correct?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sketch of China's new heavy lift rocket shows it fueled with hydrazine/nitric acid, notably in the first and second stages. This fuel combination has significantly less energy than kerosine(or liquid hydrogen)/liquid oxygen, commonly used in commercial/scientific boosters's first stages. Point being: hydrazine/nitric acid are storeable on-board. The booster can be fueled months ahead and ready for launch quickly, a military requirement, and not at all necessary for commercial launch capability where the extra energy of cryogenic propellants is important enough to accept the need for fueling immediately before launch, with relatively complex, fixed, exposed launch support facilities, as done by all other nations doing scientific or commercial missons. We did storeable fuels when we had Cold War ICBMs stashed in silos all over the U.S. midwest, for exactly the same reason.

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I assume you've never heard of laser-guided or heat-seeking missiles, correct?

And how do you aim the laser to guide the missile without the eye ?

The eye is far better as it is attached to the brain, which can reason far more soundly than any computer yet invented.

If the eye was outdated by technology, why do we still send in Special forces or Recon to gather intel ? Why, because no matter what technology you use, the mark 1 eyeball beats the lot, as it comes as part of the complete package.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If the eye was outdated by technology, why do we still send in Special forces or Recon to gather intel ? Why, because no matter what technology you use, the mark 1 eyeball beats the lot, as it comes as part of the complete package.

You aren't making too much sense. As far as optical sensors go, the human eye is the most basic hence the term 'MK1 Eyeball'. Military sensors have far more resolution and are far more sensitive than the eye could ever hoper to be.

MrZ

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

And how do you aim the laser to guide the missile without the eye ?

The eye is far better as it is attached to the brain, which can reason far more soundly than any computer yet invented.

optical sensors are more sensitive and can see more than the eye, but they can not replace the eye yet, because we need it to input the information into the brain, so the sensors are simply like a pair of glasses, it makes everything clearer for the eye. I think when we are able to fully communicate with the brain without using our senses, then the eye will truly become obsolete

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
fifty miles beyond the thread

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join