It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by Intelearthling
What's the latest on the nuclear device detonated by North Korea earlier today?

I'm not here to fuss or ridicule.

It is US nuke strike against NK, similar to the one exploded in the train station.

Since the blast is near Missile base according to CNN, I believe this is preemptive tactical nuke strike against North Korea with symbolism of 9/11.

If it were nuke test of NK, would not anyone test it in a remote region? At least not so close to Chinese border?

I will wait and see how NK respond.

It wasn't NK that we were targeting! Our Intelligence Community is so undependable, we thought it was Beijing!

Just kidding! Do you think we want to destroy China? I don't. Where in the world would we get our McDonald's Happy Meals toys from?

Zcheng, if no one is letting you speak freely, then we can understand that.

It's just the way of your government and you will never be able to do anything about it. Why? Because you're scared.

Don't get me wrong. There are good Chinese living in your country. They just happen to all be imprisoned for standing up against the beliefs that you and your government holds dear to their hearts.

Wake up out of your dreaming, zcheng.

[edit on 12/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. There are good Chinese living in you country. They just happen to all be imprisoned for standing up against the beliefs that you and your government holds dear to their hearts.

How many good Chinese people are in prison? For you, all the rest are bad. So either 1.3 billion Chinese people are bad, or they are all in prison. What a great prison industry! Your intelligence is indeed amazing!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. There are good Chinese living in you country. They just happen to all be imprisoned for standing up against the beliefs that you and your government holds dear to their hearts.

How many good Chinese people are in prison? For you, all the rest are bad. So either 1.3 billion Chinese people are bad, or they are all in prison. What a great prison industry! Your intelligence is indeed amazing!

Pardon me on not being clear.

When someone speaks their mind in your country on how they'd like to see a little more freedom and democracy, they're put in jail because of laws that forbid such activity.

I'm not saying that all Chinese are bad. I think what I'm trying to say that it's time for a Chinese Revolution, to end the oppression, subjagation, and human rights abuse that the Chinese communist government imposes on it's people. That's all.

You can deny these allegations, but the entire world outside of China knows better.

CHINESE REVOLUTION, ZCHENG! Repeat after me, CHINESE REVOLUTION!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'm not saying that all Chinese are bad. I think what I'm trying to say that it's time for a Chinese Revolution, to end the oppression, subjagation, and human rights abuse that the Chinese communist government imposes on it's people. That's all.

You can deny these allegations, but the entire world outside of China knows better.

China has Revolution not long before? I am wondering how farther the US people will allow the "millitary industrial complex" to go before Revolution. I know you like revolution in China, but you will be disappointed. Chinese people have endured too many revolutions in the past century.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

China has Revolution not long before? I am wondering how farther the US people will allow the "millitary industrial complex" to go before Revolution. I know you like revolution in China, but you will be disappointed. Chinese people have endured too many revolutions in the past century.

We've only had two, if you count the American Civil War, in the last 228 years!

And I have no idea about what youre talking about when you say "military industrial complex." Who? It can't be us. We don't have a military industry I know of.

It must be some more of your governments propaganda.

[edit on 12/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

We've only had two, if you count the civil war, in the last 228 years!

And I have no idea about what youre talking about when you say "military industrial complex." Who? It can't be us. We dion't have a military industry I know of.

It must be some more of your governments propaganda.

I am talking that of US. I remember President Eisenhower warned US people about 50 years ago. They are controling the power of US and waging wars around the world, and make huge profit from such wars.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I am talking that of US. I remember President Eisenhower warned US people about 50 years ago. They are controling the power of US and waging wars around the world, and make huge profit from such wars.

We hardly have the ability to wage wars around the world. That's another piece of propaganda.

If you're talking about our fabled military industrial complex, then it's pure myth. Your government has led you to believe that we are a danger for the well being of the planet.

That's a lie on top of other lies

I'll tell you the truth about America, and here it is.

1) America liberates people who are downtrodden by tyrannical governments. The world would have you believe that we're war-mongerers.

2) America rushes to the aid of people who has experienced catastrophes. The world would have you believe that we're imperialists.

3) America builds McDonalds, KFC's and distributes Coca-Cola (amoung other businesses) worldwide, because of the demand for such products. The world would have you believe that we're polluters of cultures.

If being an American, in the worlds eyes, means that I have to be a "war-mongering, imperialist who pollutes the cultures of others", then zcheng, I am truly an American and damned well proud of it.

I'll live and die a "war-mongering, imperialist who pollutes the cultures of others."

The opinions of the world can't and won't never change my stance and belief in the American way, I know that I am right and the rest of the world is just plain jealous.

What more can I say?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The opinions of the world can't and won't never change my stance and belief in the American way, I know that I am right and the rest of the world is just plain jealous.

What more can I say?

Hope you will keep that pride, when the inevitable US defeats in both Iraq and Afgainstan come, just like in Vietnam.

And again welcome to visit the World, where you will know it is better and more respected to be a Canadian.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What more can I say?

Hope you will keep that pride, when the inevitable US defeats in both Iraq and Afgainstan come, just like in Vietnam.

And again welcome to visit the World, where you will know it is better and more respected to be a Canadian.

We didn't lose Vietnam. Vietnam lost Vietnam.

And if Iraq doesn't fight and believe for what the United States is making an effort to do for her, then Iraq will lose Iraq, and the same goes with Afghanistan.

The same way China lost China in 1948!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Why - because they agree with you in politics?

Sorry, but the US is the envy of every nation on earth. We are filthy rich, powerfull, and free.

How can you say that Canadians are more respected then Americans when we control just about everything. Pop culture is DOMINATED by the US. World politics are DOMINATED by the US. The world economy is DOMINATED by the US. Hell, I'll go out and say it - the whole world is more or less DOMINATED by the US.

Just because people dissagree with our politics does not mean they lack respect for Americans. Case and point - I am a young guy working for a medium sized company in the US. The company I work for is barely regional, and is more "local" in our reach. That is at least in the US. We do buisness in England and France for multi BILLION dollar companies - yet in the US we can't even be a competitor in our state for the largest clients. Why is that - because the US is SO competitive and SO good at doing buisness we are considered too "small time" to handle companies of the same size in the US.

Yet when we handled these HUGE companies in Europe, they were THRILLED at the job we did, going so far in one case as to say we were the best in our field in all of Europe. I'd say that is some respect!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Sorry, but the US is the envy of every nation on earth. We are filthy rich, powerfull, and free.

How can you say that Canadians are more respected then Americans when we control just about everything. Pop culture is DOMINATED by the US. World politics are DOMINATED by the US. The world economy is DOMINATED by the US. Hell, I'll go out and say it - the whole world is more or less DOMINATED by the US.

Just because people dissagree with our politics does not mean they lack respect for Americans.

I quite like the Americans I have met, but you are the kind of arrogant dickhead that gives your country a bad name.

The UK is a small country yet our pound sterling could crush the dollar if we chose by simply joining the Euro, in fact check the rates at the moment. The Chinese could kill you economically if they really wished by simply undercutting everything you export.

As for saying you are filthy rich, powerful and free, well

1. The US has some of the most abject poverty in the civilsed world, and some of the largest ghetto's.
2. Yes you are powerful, but still capable of being slapped down should you annoy enough of the rest of the globe, not so much in a military way, but a financial way - do some research on the crash of the 20's
3. If you truly believe you are living in a free country as a free man, what the **** are you doing on this website. If you are truly so niaive then read some other subject lines and quickly.

Oh and by the way, I have yet to meet anyone who is envious of America, or even slightly jealous, but on my travels in Europe, the majority opinion is that Americans are loudmouthed, arrogant morons with no thought for anyone elses traditions or history. This is wrong, but I can understand it when I read your postings, anyone who had the misfortune to meet you would inevitably remember the meeting and tell their friends thus undermining the good work done by some of your other countrymen.

I have met and served with many Americans and I have always found them to be great and worthy colleagues, but then they all seemed to be a bit more learned than your good self, and treated everyone else with the respect that was deserved.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by philstix]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

How can you say that Canadians are more respected then Americans when we control just about everything.

I see a lot more Americans traveling abroad with Canadian pins than I do American flag pins.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by philstix

Just because people dissagree with our politics does not mean they lack respect for Americans.

I quite like the Americans I have met, but you are the kind of arrogant dickhead that gives your country a bad name.

The UK is a small country yet our pound sterling could crush the dollar if we chose by simply joining the Euro, in fact check the rates at the moment. The Chinese could kill you economically if they really wished by simply undercutting everything you export.

As for saying you are filthy rich, powerful and free, well

1. The US has some of the most abject poverty in the civilsed world, and some of the largest ghetto's.
2. Yes you are powerful, but still capable of being slapped down should you annoy enough of the rest of the globe, not so much in a military way, but a financial way - do some research on the crash of the 20's
3. If you truly believe you are living in a free country as a free man, what the **** are you doing on this website. If you are truly so niaive then read some other subject lines and quickly.

Oh and by the way, I have yet to meet anyone who is envious of America, or even slightly jealous, but on my travels in Europe, the majority opinion is that Americans are loudmouthed, arrogant morons with no thought for anyone elses traditions or history. This is wrong, but I can understand it when I read your postings, anyone who had the misfortune to meet you would inevitably remember the meeting and tell their friends thus undermining the good work done by some of your other countrymen.

I have met and served with many Americans and I have always found them to be great and worthy colleagues, but then they all seemed to be a bit more learned than your good self, and treated everyone else with the respect that was deserved.

Very well said. Unfortunately American Mad Man is the typical American, especially southern conservative types. These are the type of people that will vote George W Bush for a second term. As the world knows, George W Bush is very arrogant, and ignorant and has no respect or understanding of other cultures.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by philstix

How would the pound crush the US dollar if you used the Euro

All China is good for is producing cheap clothes and plastic junk, they can't compete at all with US industry - THINK ABOUT IT - that was a stupid comment.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

All China is good for is producing cheap clothes and plastic junk, they can't compete at all with US industry - THINK ABOUT IT - that was a stupid comment.

Well for one it wouldn't be the pound, but the Euro.

It's all about investor confidence and who uses what currency. The more investors trust the stability of a currency, the more they bank their money in it. Then the currency that they leave undergoes inflation, which can accelerate the dumping of that currency and kill confidence in that country's bonds.

The US dollar is taking a large hit from the Euro. The possibility of major oil trading in the Euro instead of the dollar was one of the reasons that Iraq was invaded.

As far as the production of Chinese junk products, well, take a look all around the US. See those empty factories? They were textiles, shoes manufacturers, ice cube tray factories, toy factories, furniture factories, tool manufacturers. Essentially, 'junk' factories. Low-cost junk is a major consumer item.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Now that data is from 2002 but even if you want to allow that China may have doubled (highly unlikely) their stockpile to 500, we still out nuke them by a factor of 17 to 1.

It only takes one! no matter which side it comes from!

MrZ

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Theoretically the Chinese could crush the US economy easily. They own around half of the US treasury bonds and have the world's second largest foreign currency reserve most which are US dollars. If they want to destroy the US, they can simply sell both of these off. It would cause huge depriciation of the USD and lead to imports decreasing causing hugely high prices and a lot of US consumer goods come from overseas, people won't be able to afford a lot of things after these household items, and will reduce their spending, causing recession or depression. Even though exports might increase due to low currency, the US can not simply increase production immdiately. Also the selling of US govt bonds will decrease their value and decrease US interest rates, people from overseas won't want to invest in US anymore. The government would also not be able to finance their budget deficit, which is already more than 600 billion i believe and when they can't do that, the economy will basically collapse because the government plays a large part in the economy, it will not be able to pay public servents, welfare and military and other essential items like health. Although, it will damage the Chinese economy, it will not do nearly as much harm as it will to the US economy. Confidence is everything, a big sell off will crush consumer, investor and business confidence.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrZ

Theoretically the Chinese could crush the US economy easily.

They can't "crush" it easily. Basically, both depend on eachother and while the US is providing labor for China, China is providing cheap goods for America. Which is why computers are so cheap today. If it weren't for China, half of you at ATS wouldn't be registered because you wouldn't be able to afford a computer.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrZ

Theoretically the Chinese could crush the US economy easily. They own around half of the US treasury bonds and have the world's second largest foreign currency reserve most which are US dollars. If they want to destroy the US, they can simply sell both of these off. It would cause huge depriciation of the USD and lead to imports decreasing causing hugely high prices and a lot of US consumer goods come from overseas, people won't be able to afford a lot of things after these household items, and will reduce their spending, causing recession or depression. Even though exports might increase due to low currency, the US can not simply increase production immdiately. Also the selling of US govt bonds will decrease their value and decrease US interest rates, people from overseas won't want to invest in US anymore. The government would also not be able to finance their budget deficit, which is already more than 600 billion i believe and when they can't do that, the economy will basically collapse because the government plays a large part in the economy, it will not be able to pay public servents, welfare and military and other essential items like health. Although, it will damage the Chinese economy, it will not do nearly as much harm as it will to the US economy. Confidence is everything, a big sell off will crush consumer, investor and business confidence.

Do you have a link to this information about China owning half of US treasury bonds - I don't believe this to be true. As far as I know Japan is still the largest holder.
There are many wealthy Chinese now, who wouldn't look favorably on the Chicom governement stuffing the economy. Without economic growth in China they won't be able to afford their toys.
Besides China's GDP is only half of the US's.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Besides China's GDP is only half of the US's.

Only half of the US's? That would make them the second largest economy in the world, $2.2 trillion above Japan:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join