It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Calls Harry Reid A Chicken Regarding His Statement On Healthcare Overhaul Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Though some may disagree with the thread title as it doesn't reflect the majority of what the video says I think it's important.

Politicians often speak like this that "oh it's not worth the time or money" mainly because they don't want it to come to fruition.
And I think that the hypocrisy of this facade needs to be highlighted.

In any case, to think that forcing people to do anything is a bad idea and to be on the end where you are pro-forcing people then... that's just despicable!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think the mistake past Presidents and their cabinets have made... Healthcare costs money and some people are sicker than others. When you try to incorporate a for-profit system of corporate elite saving lives, you end up with limitations to treatment. Take pre-existing conditions and bonus structures for employees denying coverage after the fact. Add to it drug manufactures masking natural remedies to boost stocks, and you have a recipe for a total disaster. The same disaster playing out since Regan was in office.

You had the same jokers on the street a century ago selling bottles of refined petroleum as miracle cancer cures. Ya know, so they could bilk the desperate and build their empires off death. Nothing changes much does it?

edit on 19-1-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

new topics

join