It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born as an Original, Die a copy???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A wonderful video I just stumbled upon.

Do you have to do what everyone else does? Is the status quo the path to contentment? Can you picture yourself without a nine to five? Can it ever truly bring security of heart or mind?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

There is no such thing as originality anymore. People are just a bunch of ideas or thoughts theyve learned or haven't learned. They don't follow crowds becuase they want to be orginal but how many people say and do that?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Why am I reminded of gundam wing endless waltz? There has been in history and will continue to be people who stand up and speak the truth. Who will be that courageous nail that sticks out and gets hammered down.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's hard to say we are each a unique individual. Someone, somewhere has had the same thoughts as you at some point in their life. To say you are unique is to fool yourself. The more we do this, the more we actually lose our cultures.

Look at the difference between Canada and England. Bring America in the mix even. They are industrialized nations and the only real dfference is the words for things.

Just like Norway and Finland and Sweden. Each has their own past, but America changed that. Everyone wanted to be like America.Well, I'm hope they're glad. Theyre like America now. Predictible and shallow.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
Why am I reminded of gundam wing endless waltz? There has been in history and will continue to be people who stand up and speak the truth. Who will be that courageous nail that sticks out and gets hammered down.

Wow, thought provoking tooanime thoughts on ats. I never knew that Giant mechs who killed millions of soliders could be so profound.

Honestly, Use to be a huge fan

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

oh no when I was kid I watched that and it got me thinking with the whole what the meaning of the whole movie was "endless waltz" that what I took from it when I was a kid was that war is just an endless waltz. You have a person with a idea know one takes ot that idea and that person tries to force that idea on to everybody. It's an endless waltz.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Have you noticed that those elected to represent us have decided to instead represent corporate interests? They don't even want us to grow our own food. I heard it's against the law, though I didn't read the presentation here, I was too sickened by the title. There is something wrong about them, in the head.

Termites, and I believe they've gone too far.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

I believe everybody is unique. Granted, we have similar experiences, cultures, and institutions. The difference rests on how we perceive these things. Each one of us interprets, and integrates this information in different ways. Our own past, present, and future all influence how we interpret our world. We may seem the same, but from our own perception we may be entirely different.
edit on 19-1-2011 by stephinrazin because: grammar

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
i thought this post was going to touch on the issue of practicing holiness and religion that is based on monotheism. but since it isnt ill reserve my intended comment. i didnt watch the video is it a promotion of some sort?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

I have had this battle with my Uncle before. on if we are unique or not. sure you can say that someone throughout history has had the same idea as you, but can you say that that person arrived at that same idea the same way you did. Can you know what experince that person had to come up with said idea, was it the same experince you had in your life to come to that idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

The video is about questioning the accepted path in life. Education prepares us for work. We get a job, marry, have a family, grow old, and finally pass on. Why? Do you need to work? Do you need money? Why do you do it? Why play the game?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
There are so many originals on this website..........you all give me hope

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Very powerful video. "who are we paying to be alive. We were born here, why should we pay to live?" Is probably the best quote I have heard in a while.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Great video but there is something that is nagging me at the back of my mind as I was watching. How can one really be original in this day and age? Many times when someone tries to break out from the group they are shunned, scrutinized and sometimes violently put back into the group. It's rather hard not to be a product of the things that go around without putting your life on the line. Though if one makes it out of the group more power to them. Here's hoping someday things will change for the better.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Societies have always attacked those that think differently. The herd mentality attacks what is different. It points out the weakness, and flaws of the established modes of thought. Most cannot handle anything telling them they may be wrong, or even worse that they are being manipulated.

At the same time it is people thinking differently, and challenging established thought that push us forward. It takes those truly original beings to force the rest to examine reality. Anyone who puts themselves out there to face the scorn, ridicule, and even violence of the rest is to be praised. It takes courage to be an original in a world of copies. One must decide if they will accept the personal cost to selflessly force an evolution in others.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yep I certainly agree to that after seeing various cases with my own eyes and stories that have been placed here as well as other places. It's rather saddening to be honest that it happens, though I guess it can't be helped due to the way we [most of us] have been conditioned.

Most certainly agree with that last one, but nowadays it seems like almost no one is standing up anymore as one of the consequences of trying to stand out will probably get you gunned down. So it seems as if people are more fearful of doing so because they'd be alone in doing it, if others joined perhaps we'd have more people being original?

top topics

join