It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Executive Named as SEC Investment Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Goldman Executive Named as SEC Investment Chief

abcnews.go.com

A Goldman Sachs executive has been named to head the division of the Securities and Exchange Commission that oversees mutual funds and investment advisers.

The agency said Tuesday that Eileen Rominger will become director of investment management

She worked for 11 years at Goldman Sachs Asset Management, most recently as its global chief investment officer.

Prior to that, Rominger worked at Oppenheimer Capital. She has a degree in English from Fairfield University and an MBA in finance from t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow!
Here's an article from last year

Goldman Sachs confirmed today that it was in talks to acquire the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

According to Goldman spokesperson Jonathan Hestron, the merger between Goldman and the Treasury Department is "a good fit" because "they're in the business of printing money and so are we."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

If you can't acquire them, join them?

I don't know what happened when them wanting to acquire the U.S. Treasury or what the update on that is but....

Now a Goldman Exec becomes the SEC's Investment chief?

They are trying to take over all corners of the economy in terms of decision making powers, regulators and oversight?

What are your thoughts on this?
Will they be making more power moves like this?

Thoughts?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is insane...

Since when can the United States Treasury be bought or "owned" by anyone except the Federal Government?

And as far as I knew, the Federal Reserve was in charge of printing money, not the Treasury, so this doesn't make sense to me.

Goldman Sachs is evil, and they are into EVERYTHING. Anything that has a good idea involved or is capable of making lots of money or moving the masses, they have a stake in it.

Un-freaking-believable.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Earlier thread. I personally think the U.S. is a corporatacy or however you spell it. I don't care what anyone says anymore. The fascists might not have taken over but corporate greed has.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
At some point we have to consider the government is just trolling us now.

This is madness.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well things keep getting better and better first we find out that president Obama newly appoints a lobbyist for Jp Morgan as his cheif of staff and now this. I guess this goes to the age old question to bankers rule the world?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Most likely the below become emergency time for Goldman
SEC accuses Goldman Sachs of defrauding investors

The government on Friday accused Wall Street's most powerful firm of fraud, saying Goldman Sachs & Co. sold mortgage investments without telling the buyers that the securities were crafted with input from a client who was betting on them to fail.

The SEC said Paulson paid Goldman roughly $15 million in 2007 to devise an investment tied to mortgage-related securities that the hedge fund viewed as likely to decline in value. Separately, Paulson took out a form of insurance that allowed it to make a huge profit when those securities' value plunged.

finance.yahoo.com...

We all know who Paulson is right?

Goldman will soon control everything it seems

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just one of several revolving doors others include Monsanto executives filling food and drug,agriculture and environmental roles in Government,also check out ambassador appointments virtually all of them are big campaign contributors.Theres several established revolving doors and Goldman Sachs is at the head of financial appointments.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
now seems like a good time to repost this great article from a while back.
please read it.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Good Lord.. This is like having the SS investigate auschwitz...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I did some checking on her bloodline, but so far I cannot determine if she is a jew. Anyone can confirm the obvious?

I want to assume, but would like to be certain of this.
edit on 20-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A bump just to remind everyone of this
Things will be happening soon and this should be a reminder

top topics

join