It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Monarchy is Ascending - Parliament may be Dissolved within 10 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman1

It would be the army's duty to protect them, they all take a pledge for queen and country i personally like having the royal family otherwise it would just be suits representing Britain. Their are a massive part of our English heritage If people tried to overthrow them it would start a civil war because the queen has many loyalist's not just in this country.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The monarchy depends on Parliament and vice versa. Sure the Queen has the power to overrule a law but I don't think I've ever heard of her doing that.

As for the Royal Family's poularity......Charles has become fairly popular again in recent times although it's been common knowledge for my entire life as somebody the same age as Prince Harry that William was always going to succeed the Queen should she step down although I do hope she passes the 64 years that Victoria ruled the country as Queen.

I could see how some might call for the royals to go because they don't see what their purpose is but apparently thanks to Kate Middleton, young girls are going back to wanting to be princesses rather than WAGs these days so we'll always have both a Parliament and a Royal Family unless something absolutely drastic happened to change that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
Well the Queen flexed her power recently when she overruled the Canadian Government - it's on video on youtube. Rumour has it (on ATS) that the Queen is the biggest share holder of the Federal Reserve. In other words she owns the money supply in the USA. 1776 and the war of independence didn't stop the British aristocracy from going underground and taking back the American Colony by stealth. Wait while you see the lavish wedding and then you'll know who all the debt based US currency is owed too: The Queen.

William is quite popular but He'll never become King, The Queen Mum had longevity in her 'blood' and no doubt the 'gene' has been passed down and "the groom of the stoole" will continue for for a long time to come.

No she didn't. What are referring to???, because that would have made some news and there has been none.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

I am 100% royalist ,sod the army id be out their myself, and the army are very loyal and do indeed swear a oath to the Monarch but i still do not think they would intervene in a diplomatic process. If anarchy were to reign across our island then maybe they could shape the situation to the royals favour. However their is no way it would start a civil war, just a few loons like me runing around throwing bricks at some left wing target, nothing more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join