It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone has Bulged as Magma Pocket Swells-places saw the ground rise 10 inches!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by enemoplem

Abosultely stunning. My wife and I thank you. Start and if I could a Flag....

Yellowstone just moved up on the notch of places to visit.

Well, before we (or most of us there) DIE!!!!! lol

I don't see how people can blow this one off when you take all of the other volcanic events going on around the world currently, and that most of these seem to work in relationship to the other... I think it is more possible now than it has been in the last 1000 years or so.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

This video from youtube.com is for you and anyone else who has ever been to Yellowstone or wanted to go. I made my first trip there in 2008, and my only regret was that I waited so long to go there. Hope to return this year.

edit on 19-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Amazingly beautiful - touched my soul! Thank you very much!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Great shots!

edit on 19-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I live only a couple of hours away from Yellowstone. That massive quake swarm last year was terrifying. I was aware of the caldera and magma chamber before the swarm last year, but lemme tell you, I learned A LOT about the geology of that place and about supervolcanoes in general, in a very short amount of time. I watch the park like a hawk now. It's really great to have found so many quake watch resources here on ATS. I keep saying I'm going to take a day trip up to Yellowstone to see the park, but I'm afraid I'd be such a nervous wreck the whole day that I would probably end up having a heart attack while I was there. If I'm going to die because of Yellowstone, I'd much rather it be from the thing actually erupting, not from dropping dead while there as a tourist.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

S&F for showing reminding us just how small we really are, yes it will blow but when only it knows, and with all the other earth shaking, one does not know.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The title of this thread and the linked article itself is very misleading. Made it sound like the 10 inch rise happened overnight...

...When the truth is (upon reading the article) started happening way back in 2004 and slowing down from 2007 to 2010 giving a total of 10 inch rise starting from 2004. If you think about that, there's really not much to worry about since the rate of rise has decreased.

The misleading title made this thread/article sound like an April Fool's joke, although a very good test for telling who has the eye or mind for truth

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Well, I suppose that is one of the reason we are to keep the article titles as reported.

I think, IMO only, this article is showing the rise in volcanic activity and it's relationship to all the other volcanic events going on currently.

Ill say this. It would be horrible if it did blow massively but, beign able to witness and document it would be facinating.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Then why didn't you keep the article title as reported? There was no need to cut and paste anything extra to the end of the title yet you added to it.
The title was just this...
"Yellowstone has Bulged as Magma Pocket Swells".
There is nothing wrong with the title itself, it is simply stating facts.

Yet you seem to have gone to quite some trouble to obscure the truths in the article and twist it to fit your own standard of doom and gloom.
I mean you took the time to change the text size in the OP, you took the time to read at least some of the article(it does go on past the video you know), you copy pasted the parts you thought would get the biggest reaction from people while missing out on any of the actual substance of the story.

Sorry this thread is nothing more than a deliberate and poorly thought out attempt at fear mongering.

I think, IMO only, this article is showing the rise in volcanic activity and it's relationship to all the other volcanic events going on currently.

No,just no.
This article actually shows the decline in the volcanoes activity and shows nothing about your perception of the relationship to other volcanic events at all. Which by the way is not unusual.
edit on 20-1-2011 by pazcat because: now if you'll excuse me, i'm off for a nap.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that it will blow within my lifetime but whether it's the catastrophic eruption or just a minor one and when exactly it will happen we'll never know until it happens.

It does rise and fall over time though as previously stated and unless the geologists and scientists get worried then no cause for alarm

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

The other stuff is on the "sub-headline". All good.

Go ahead and take the self-imposed MOD hat off. Try to relax and have a good day.

Plan a trip to Yellowstone.
)

Edit: I think you mini-pic/avatar is very telling of you. Good choice.
edit on 1/20/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yellowstone is actually in a period of relative quiet. The uplift is in decline. Yellowstone "breathes" inhaling and exhaling regularly and has for a long time. Here is debunk site for this post:

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

and here is information on Yellowstone:

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

Education dispells fear.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Isn't Yellowstone sitting atop a massive Caldera? A full on erruption could doom us all.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

well if you look at the dates it is outdated, find one with real time or this weeks info then i will say i agree till then feel the rumble.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hopefully it is not "waking up". That is something nobody wants to witness! A lot of weird stuff going on in this new year.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the thing i find odd is that there is no real time monitoring, not for the general public the links i had are now longer valid 404, and the other links are a week or up to a month behind any one know where real time is? i have tried, yvo usgs, and uofu. oh maybe it is my caps they don't work, time for a new key board.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalloway
I live only a couple of hours away from Yellowstone. That massive quake swarm last year was terrifying. I was aware of the caldera and magma chamber before the swarm last year, but lemme tell you, I learned A LOT about the geology of that place and about supervolcanoes in general, in a very short amount of time. I watch the park like a hawk now. It's really great to have found so many quake watch resources here on ATS. I keep saying I'm going to take a day trip up to Yellowstone to see the park, but I'm afraid I'd be such a nervous wreck the whole day that I would probably end up having a heart attack while I was there. If I'm going to die because of Yellowstone, I'd much rather it be from the thing actually erupting, not from dropping dead while there as a tourist.

Make the trip while you still can. It is definitely worthwhile; When Yellowstone erupts again (not really a matter of if) everything within 100 miles in all directions will feel the immediate effects and cease to exist. It could be tomorrow, it could be a hundred years from now, or it could be a thousand years from now. Will that stop me from visiting again? Absolutely not. I can't think of a better place to be if it's your time to leave this earth......talk about going out with a bang....

edit on 20-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Here is the latest update:

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

again, condition green nothing untoward going on. If you have something that is more current that says run for the hills, then post it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

well thank you but i have that it or one other had real time links to cctv and sensors, and if you look at the date Jan1 ???? to day is the 21st a lot can happen in the 20 days, earthquake's and volcano's need 24 monitoring, so where is it????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join