It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Bill To Make Citizens Donate Organs By Default In Colorado

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Wolf321

and when will the people stop being apathetic about reading and signing on the dotted line?

I'll not get into the rest of your rant. The dotted line though has no business being near anyones organs.

Why not? It in no way negatively affects your care, and in some ways actually ensures a higher standard of care:

Myth: If I agree to donate my organs, the hospital staff won't work as hard to save my life.
Fact: When you go to the hospital for treatment, doctors focus on saving your life — not somebody else's. You'll be seen by a doctor whose specialty most closely matches your particular emergency. The doctor in charge of your care has nothing to do with transplantation.

Myth: Maybe I won't really be dead when they sign my death certificate.
Fact: Although it's a popular topic in the tabloids, in reality, people don't start to wiggle their toes after they're declared dead. In fact, people who have agreed to organ donation are given more tests (at no charge to their families) to determine that they're truly dead than are those who haven't agreed to organ donation.

Source

You are not forced to get a driver's license or ID, and when you do, everything you sign is clearly explained to you, if you read at a sixth grade level. What's so much more sinister and nefarious about asking people to sign to NOT be organ donors than it is to ask them to sign TO be donors?

<< 1   >>

join