It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing when someone quotes/replies to a post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just want to know if there is a way to find out when someone has quoted or replied to an individual's post within a thread. To keep a discussion going, when treads get extremely long it can be time consuming to browse through and read pages and pages of responses, not to mention an individual might not continuously revisit a thread once he or she has posted, so is there some type of notification of when someone specifically quotes/replies to what one has posted? I know this could get overwhelming to some, especially when the discussion gets going and the post numbers increase, but it seems like a feature that, if not currently available, might keep dialogue from stalling.

Yes, no, thoughts?

Thanks.

Hopefully this is the correct forum; if not, please forgive and feel free to move.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Liquesence because: addition

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just click on "recent Posts ",located on the title bar above, or go to your profile and click on subscribed threads

edit on 19-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

if you click on your "messages" icon, one of the sections there is "Replies", which may give you what you are looking for.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Click on message on the bottom ribbon bar and then once your in your u2u page click on replies there you will see all of the replies to your posts within threads

I know it seems like a strange place to put it, but there it is

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Redundant
Lol
edit on 19-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

reply to post by davespanners

That is exactly what i was seeking. Thanks to you both!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

if you click on your "messages" icon, one of the sections there is "Replies", which may give you what you are looking for.

Wow, Thank you! I must have missed that memo. I was still waiting for that feature to be implemented!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The replies section sometimes misses a reply.
I've twice had properly done replies to my posts, with my name linked at the top, not show up in the replies section.

So if a thread is important to you, check the thread itself as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You can contact a moderator for help in this matter.They are offerring a service that has a moderator stand outside of your house.Every time you get a reply,he bangs a big gong and yells through the blowhorn,reply my dear ats member reply.You can have the moderator wear either a julius caesar outfit or richard simmons short shorts and tanktop.

top topics

join