It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't our terrorist alert level risen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
All this talk of Al Queda plotting another attack on American yet we are still at an elevated state?? Why? Why aren't we at orange or red?

If this threat is so serious why aren't they preparing the American public?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Because us being on Orange alert would mean constant coverage of this terrifying the public to new levels.

This is all being kept relatively low key, although there are a number of extremely troubling developments happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Who even pays attention to the terror levels, lol, mmm fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, yoda once said.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yellow is a happier colour than orange

Happy Sunshine Yellow or Nuclear Death Fireball Orange?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The local and state authorities have complained in the past about the expense borne by their respective departments when a non-specific threat was used to elevate the level. I guess the next time its raised we better really pay attention.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Or maybe it will be too late to raise the level. Or maybe they don't plan on telling us if they know when the attack will be and where it will take place.

It wouldn't be the first time we were kept in the dark.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Probably the level hasn't been risen because of the enormous financial burden on local & state governments. There was a lot of squawking last time, as the orange alert put a lot of places in the red. Nevertheless, the alert may be higher for certain areas & installations, but not on a national level.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think the Feds have finally admitted, to themselves, that the whole color coded system just wasn't working. They aren't going to come out and shout"Hey, we messed up", so they are just going to put the color coding on the back burner. As several other posters have noted, raising the threat level puts a tremendous strain on resources and they've received a lot of flack from cities because of this. HMMM, it's an election year....you can't have all the mayors, governors and police mad at you.
I always compared the color coded system to the tornado alert system we had in East Texas. They would turn on the sirens when a tornado was two counties away; yet, when a tornado was actually sighted, in town, the sirens would not come on. Finally, it got to a point, where no one paid any attention to the sirens. Plus, we never knew if they were just testing, if it was the real thing, or if there was a tornado 50 miles away.
The terror alert system has proved to be similar..on a national level.
I think that it's a possibility that threat levels have been raised, internally, but not externally.
Either way, I imagine that any terrorist plans will be something that will take us by surprise.
Just my opinion.
joey

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, to know what's really going on, we need to know what DEFCON level we are at. :-D

new topics

top topics

join