It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals: "We don't own the media and Conservatives are crazy."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Yes and no?
Not sure what ya mean LanMan54, please clarify

edit on 19-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If that is your technique and goal, then I applaud you. But I offer this advice... use the words of Christ and not just calls to know him. As Gandhi once famously said...

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

I am not a religious man, but I have never found an ounce of fault contained within the highlighted words, in red, in the Bible I used to read.

Just food for thought.

~Heff
edit on 1/19/11 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

All I know is humanity is on a path to self-destruction. Those who rejected Jesus as the Christ are 'many', and they lie constantly in order to get people to do whatever it is they want people to do. They take advantage of human nature, they 'capitalize' on the human condition, in order to maintain their profits and power over people. Its just as it was when Christ was on this earth in human form. They were jealous of Christ's power and authority. They sought to kill him, and they did, but he was ressurected by the power of the Almighty to an immortal being. He was seen after death by at least 500 people. He ascended in the sight of many, and what that means one can only speculate about. In any case, I for one have experienced an awakening, what the apostles called being 'born anew'. I don't look at this world from a 'human point of view' anymore. I can't explain it, other than my way of thinking has been changed. Its hard to explain to someone who's not experienced it. Am I perfect? Heavens no, and no one can be in their human body, but I'm compelled to tell the truth, and thats what I'm going to do no matter what it costs me in this life.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I discovered that Judaeo-Christians aren't really Christians in any true sense of the word. Need to know history to verify this, and I do. I'm glad the old man likes our Christ, just wish he'd listen to him!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
All I know is humanity is on a path to self-destruction.

That's not news. I think the human species has known that for centuries. As to Christ, what does that have to do with the topic? I'm agnostic and that doesn't move me. Seems like preaching. I hate preaching.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Okay, I see where you are coming from now, and I am glad to hear of your rebirth and may it bring you peace and fill your being with light and love. It may sound contradictive in a sense, but it is my opinion that religion and politics should be kept separate. If, however we were to mix them, surely Christ would want all the "judging" left to him or his father, and would want for us to help each other. It is the vile rhetoric spawning from political debate that does more harm than help, so I would ask, when regarding politics from a religious perspective, "what would Jesus do?"

peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

What would Jesus do? He already did it, but humanity rejects all that Christ offers. They seek to do it their own way, to create their own future using the developments in their sciences and technologies. What they fail to realize is that their efforts will lead to '...a mess of totally unmanageable difficulties.", just as the following nanotech scientist has warned!

"The arrival of nanotechnology will herald a mess of totally unmanageable difficulties. Human intelligence and ethics are not enough to handle these challenges. Without smarter-than-human, kinder-than-human forms of intelligence to assist us in confronting these grave difficulties, our continued survival cannot be ensured. Stubborn chauvinism ("no non-human is a friend of mine!"), juvenile overconfidence ("we humans can handle this on our own, right?"), or dismissive skepticism ("kinder-than-human intelligence isn't even possible!") will only increase the probability of our demise. To avoid the negative impact of grey goo, green goo, nano-litter, human rights disasters, nano-wizardry, economic and social upheaval, arms races, and other unforseen risks will require true superintelligence, nothing less. Superintelligence will be technologically feasible within the next two decades (Bostrom 1998). Once created, superintelligence will compound upon itself rapidly, resulting in the creation of agents with deity-class capabilities (Vinge 1993). Near-future outcomes ranging from planetary destruction to global apotheosis are entirely possible (Bostrom 2003). It should be possible to increase the likelihood of a pleasant outcome by precisely specifying the initial state of a superintelligence by coding a seed AI (Yudkowsky 2001). (A "seed AI" is an AI specifically designed to fully understand and improve upon its own architecture.) The implementation of other proposed solutions will be subject to human error, irrationality, slowness, and inability to handle complexity.

More Dangers from Molecular Nanotechnology
Michael Anissimov
June 2004

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Telling it like it is, whether you, or anyone else, likes it or not. If you think its 'preaching' thats your perspective, which you have every right to have and hold, just as I do! When people come on here and speak out against those who have my perspective it makes me wonder just who and what they truly represent, the 'spirit of antichrist', or the 'Holy Spirit. Which is it, sir?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join