It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran-protest US pastor Terry Jones excluded from UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A Home Office spokesperson said the government "opposes extremism in all its forms". He said: "Numerous comments made by Pastor Jones are evidence of his unacceptable behaviour. "Coming to the UK is a privilege not a right and we are not willing to allow entry to those whose presence is not conducive to the public good. "The use of exclusion powers is very serious and no decision is taken lightly or as a method of stopping open debate."

BBC News

This to me is unbelievable. My issue here is why has this man been banned from visiting the UK when we have radical islamists preaching death and hate in this country who get to stay and continue to preach this hatred filth. If they have banned this man then surely this same rule should be applied to all others doing the same thing. Calling for the death of our troops etc etc.

I just don't get what seperated him from everybody else. I am probably misguided and im sure people will come here and tell me reasons why others are aloud to actually live here yet this man cannot visit (i am not a supporter of his btw). It just seems ludicrous to me...

Thoughts??

MooseVernel

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
shameless bump for my own thread..i thought somebody other than me might be interested in this...guess not =/

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Because your country just like ours(USA) has become infested with weak pacifist that would rather allow a radical muslims in the country and not an outspoken idiot because they think they should be extra nice to radicals because they pose a threat and they really believe they can change their minds by giving in. Europe definitely has not learned their lesson, and America unfortunately will be forced to learn when something big happens.

Weakness, pacifist, ignorant people are who are in power now. It's only getting worse.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

the sad thing is we have known that for a while and when people try to do anything it either ends up with idiots being violent or people actually not doing anything due to fear of being labelled racist etc... its an old issue but why werent the people burning poppies deported and banned for the same reasons this man was?? I cant get my head round it

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You raise a good question because usually immigration bans are for criminal convictions, often incredibly trivial ones too. This ban appears to be solely based on the potential his presence has to cause public disorder. Not sure how I feel about this one. I think Pastor Jones is a misguided loser, but you've got to come back to the actual legality of his visit. I suppose if there was a public demonstration and ensuing riot, there would be criminal damages which only occurs due to his public appearances.

Maybe immigration just thought you know what, we have enough hate preachers here in the UK already, let's not start importing them too!

Star and Flag! Perhaps someone else will come along who knows a bit more about immigration.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Well i hope someone who knows about immigration too will come along.. i dont advocate this man in any way.... religious extremism is wrong in any form in my opinion i just dont get why this guy gets banned when others get to stay... maybe its different because they actually live here i dont know but i just am not clued up on this stuff...

maybe this will start the ball rolling for stamping out the extremism in its other forms??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by 11PB11

the sad thing is we have known that for a while and when people try to do anything it either ends up with idiots being violent or people actually not doing anything due to fear of being labelled racist etc... its an old issue but why werent the people burning poppies deported and banned for the same reasons this man was?? I cant get my head round it

There's another America whose banned, you may be familiar with him. Michael Savage?, he's pretty far right... and he's banned too because he makes fun of weak leaders.. European and American. I think Europe has gone too far though. It's a bad and dangerous thing when a country can ban you from it because of your words. LIke you said, think about all the Mosque's and other extremists in the country like actually are violent.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

shameless bump for my own thread..i thought somebody other than me might be interested in this...guess not =/

I saw this earlier wasnt sure how to respond.

This to me is unbelievable. My issue here is why has this man been banned from visiting the UK when we have radical islamists preaching death and hate in this country who get to stay and continue to preach this hatred filth. If they have banned this man then surely this same rule should be applied to all others doing the same thing. Calling for the death of our troops etc etc.

Well first off I think the guy is a bigot. But I also see your point. This is what bothers me about what has been happening. Strange isn't it. The people he was protesting against are free to spout worse yet that's deemed ok in the name of stability...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

I havent heard of that guy but it just reinforces what i was saying the first place...what has he actually said do you have any quotes?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have talked to Terry jones from the dove world outreach center.He is in gainseville florida.
Not far for from where I live. I spoke to him through face book.
This guy is a complete fraud. He had pictures up of him burning muslim effigies.
That is what turned me off. I agree we can not let muslims infiltrate and cause terror,
but what you can not do is stoop to there level. Muslims burn the bible.

I told him what you can not do is let hate over take your view with the Lord.
It is hateful to burn another mans bible that being the koran and effigies of muslims.
T jones is not the first to be banned from Britain,
Michael Savage who is a radio host was banned about two years ago.
There is a time to stand up for yourself.

If muslims start to go around America blowing things up
persecuting christians that will be a different story.
For now you do not engage in their behavior because then you give them a reason to start trouble. Terry Jones is a fraud!!!! Burning effigies has nothing to do with God.

Pagans burn effigies and if this man is doing that and threatening to burn another mans word he is not of God. I wish we could kick Terry Jones out of America. He has already been given a healthy dose of WE DON'T WANT YOU HEAR IN TAMPA, when he tried to move his church there.

The mayor of tampa is gay and terry jones and the gang put up signs in front of his house. Hateful slurs. I do not agree with gays but you do not hatefully tell them their going to hell.

This guy is bad all the way around. He caused 3-5 muslims who were rioting over him burning the koran, to die in the riots, getting trampled in the riots. The muslims are in the stone age, still very unintelligent in the middle east. When they come to America and start killing us then we engage.

Good job Britain this man is hell on earth. He also is involved with the westboro baptist church, the people who were going to protest the little girl who died in the Jarrod Loughner massacre. The people who protest gay military funerals. All around BAD group they are a cult.
edit on 19-1-2011 by thethingreally because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by thethingreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well thankyou for your interest

and you said exactly what i mean, yes the guy is a bigot and i understand the reasons for banning him, its just that if hes banned then surely the same rules should apply for others..yet they dont seem to..its quite hypocritical if you ask me...

He asks for korans to be burned..

Some extremists ask for british citizens to be burned...

He gets banned...

They get to stay...

Doesnt make much sense

(once again thankyou for your contributions at least i know im not the only person who finds this confusing
)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thethingreally

I think you completely missed my point. I have stated i do not support this man or his views. I just dont understand why he gets treated differently than so many other religious extremists that are aloud to occupy this country

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by 11PB11

I havent heard of that guy but it just reinforces what i was saying the first place...what has he actually said do you have any quotes?

I just googled this.

Banned

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Terry Jones tries to inflame muslims.

Most of the things you have been told muslims have said and done is BS.

There are a lot of ignorant bigots here.

Never mind it's about a book,just paper.

But this Jones guy is an absolute idiot,he deserves way worse than just getting banned from.........

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Just read that article and it proves my point...our government says one things but then does the complete opposite when it comes to islamic extremists and immigrants who break the law

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Keep in mind though. He burned to Koran/Qaron

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Yes he is an idiot and he is bigoted..!!

And i am aware that most msulims are not terrorists etc etc

I am talking about islamic extremeists in this country of which there are a few who get to continue spewing hatred filth, protesting saying our troops should burn in hell, burning poppies getting to stay, while this man gets banned.

I am just saying it is double standards.

To Everybody:
I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS MAN IN ANY WAY JUST TO BE CLEAR...AGAIN

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Coming to the UK is a privilege not a right and we are not willing to allow entry to those whose presence is not conducive to the public good.

www.bbc.co.uk...

If all British MP's were asked to take a return flight to the United States, one wonders how many of them would be allowed back in.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Freedom of speech..its a toughie

Okay so he is banned. He is still free to say whatever he wants, he just wont be saying it in Britain. and that is fair enough in my book. I agree he has the right to express his views and opinions as does everybody including islamic extremists.

Kicking out and Banning islamic extremists from the country for spreading religious hate doesnt infringe their right to freedom of speech does it?

It just means that we dont tolerate that kind of hatred here, but obviously our government feel differently and it is only certain types of hatred we wont tolerate.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross Cross

Ha you make an excellent point....if that is the grounds for banning people then i fear there wouldnt be a whole lot of people aloud back in the country

top topics

<<   2 >>

join