It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's rules, or God's rules?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well said. I do understand the argument that business can be lost from such statements. In fact, business will most likely be lost from his statements, but isn't just because everyone is just so darn touchy these days. My goodness, nobody can say anything, and I mean ANYTHING without it offending somebody. Can't you just hear them now - "well, I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'm offended." Please. I sure wish people would grow up and understand that people have always stuck their foot in their mouths and always will.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
"Those who are truly Christians, or '...in Christ...', are promised to be ressurected, just as Christ was, upon the return of Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords. "They came to life again, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life again until the thousand years were ended. This is the first ressurection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with them a thousand years."

Sounds like your all going to come back as the living dead... bunch of zombies. And you'll be priest, wow. Reigning for a thousand years. This truly is the most bizarre story I have ever heard. You are trying to tell me you actually believe that your going to come back from the dead and live for a thousand years!? Really?
I've been in psychiatry now almost 14 years... this is not normal thought process, not rational, not even amusing actually. You follow this faith so that you can control others in the aftermath of this ressurection. control, control and more control. Just how it's always been.

edit on 20-1-2011 by PsychNurse because: gnilleps

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

I would simply ask you to explain to us all what the normal thought process is?
A guide, stensil, a spirogragh ?
edit on 20-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is from a recent thread... this is how your priest take care of our children and each other...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Storero wrote that canon law — which required abuse allegations and punishments to be handled within the church — "must be meticulously followed." He warned that any bishops who tried to impose punishments outside the confines of canon law would face the "highly embarrassing" position of having their actions overturned on appeal in Rome. "

"Two state-commissioned reports published in 2009 — into the Dublin Archdiocese and workhouse-style Catholic institutions for children — unveiled decades of cover-ups of abuse involving tens of thousands of Irish children since the 1930s. "

Trust in the church...eh?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ummm... we're human, we live we die, we don't come back and live for a thousand years.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Didn't the Governor's imaginary friend JeZeus command him to sell ALL his belongings, give the proceeds to the poor and take up his cross and follow him? So why is he disobeying his imaginary friend? Why is he holding public office and living off Caesar's filthy lucre instead of living as a wandering mendicant just as his imaginary fiend intended?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse
reply to post by randyvs

Ummm... we're human, we live we die, we don't come back and live for a thousand years.

Who's definition of a normal thought process is that?

Is it yours?

Is that the process you use, for the questions mankind has had, since as far back as he can remember?

How did we get here? Who are we ? Where are we ? Why are we ? That just answers everything dosn't it?

Baummm badi bedit badap baloop. simple isn't it ?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by PsychNurse
reply to post by randyvs

Who's definition of a normal thought process is that?

Is it yours?

Is that the process you use, for the questions mankind has had, since as far back as he can remember?

How did we get here? Who are we ? Where are we ? Why are we ? That just answers everything dosn't it?

Baummm badi bedit badap baloop. simple isn't it ?.

Ha! Funny thing is I can prove what I said. Nothing mythological or fantastic about that. What can you prove about the story book (bible)... I said PROVE by the way. No I don't think a person is well if he/she believe they'll live for a thousand years after coming back from the dead. Rediculous! Never once did I say I have an answer to everything. But you can twist it however it makes you feel better.
edit on 21-1-2011 by PsychNurse because: Edited a comment I thought might offend readers a christian faith. Not trying to judge, just voicing my view.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why doesn't someone file charges against him for violating the Oath he took?

""I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.""

He violated his Oath, and the Constitution, AND he violated the United Nations Chartered Civil Rights we received when our country entered the UN.

So why doesn't someone hold him accountable? That's what I thought.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I would simply ask you to explain to us all what the normal thought process is?
A guide, stensil, a spirogragh ?

I am not PsychNurse, nor do I mean to speak for her. But, that being said, I would call it intelligent thoughts from an intelligent mindset. This is simple, if you simply believe what is told you, by anyone, and you live your life accordingly, that is called Blind Faith. For myself, I take the bible at face value, and for what it is, really is, a collection of myths and stories lifted from many other cultures. To actually believe it is the words of either God there is, well, that makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Correction ... He not she... 1 of 5% of the nursing community.
I agree with you on your biblical view. I seem to agree with you quite a bit... Cheers!
edit on 21-1-2011 by PsychNurse because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Not meaning to twist the turns. Just trying to establish a level playing field. To know more about why you reject something that the majority of earth believes to be true in one form or another.

Link

Not a plug. Ok?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Spend too much time thinking about what if's rather than living your life in the here and now. Disrespecting people who do not conform to religions beliefs yet are paying their bills, working, taking care of each other and trying to make a better future. How many different cultures do you see in the work force, hence the variety of belief systems. Some get 40 virgins and apparently some live for a thousand years. So are you going to waste the time you have here and now thinking about what could be based on translations of old documents that lead us to believe there is an all mighty. This again coming from PEOPLE who for hundreds and hundreds of years have used these very documents to cause mistrust, rivalries, abuse, contempt, murder, wars and in return ask for blind faith, I realize the Vatican has said they allow particular scholars to review the text in an act of transparency. Yet my mistrust not only falls into the documentation but in the people dictating it. As I visited Italty I had the great pleasure of going to the Vatican City. The most disgusting part of the trip was the damn bling that my wife and I saw on these priest and the horrific manner in which they flustered themselves amongst us. No respect what so ever to anyone around me.Then you have the small community within that use this story book tool to manipulate the underprivileged into situations of abuse. I'm mean really, Vatican city banks are being investigated for money laundering . And it's not the first time. So your telling me that these are the people who know what the truth is . If there was a God these people would truly fear his rath. They don't. Yet, in the past, the present and more than likely into the future people keep feeding into it. I agree for the aimless, confused and the needy this is a companionship that says don't worry about what's happening now, you'll be saved in the future. No... worry now, your the ones that can make changes. Not the story book. I was raised a christian, sunday school every week. I even went to a christian school in St. Jean, Quebec for a few years. So these thoughts don't come arbitrarily. I also have worked with hundreds of doctors and nurses from countries around the world. One of the things I seem to see as a pattern is religion is one of our biggest dividers, the more concrete the more the division. Although in light of that I also say that I have come to learn that when religion is isolated from our day to day activities we are all the same. Wanting prosperity for our friends and families while hoping for a safe enviroment to work and live. I believe in people... Not the almighty story book. Sorry if I offend you with this.

Take a look... many views out there... who is right? So before you judge and criticize me, just know I am not a hypocrite...

1.Christianity: 2.1 billion

2.Islam: 1.5 billion

3.Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

4.Hinduism: 900 million

5.Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

6.Buddhism: 376 million

7.primal-indigenous: 300 million

8.African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

9.Sikhism: 23 million

10.Juche: 19 million

11.Spiritism: 15 million

12.Judaism: 14 million

13.Baha'i: 7 million

14.Jainism: 4.2 million

15.Shinto: 4 million

16.Cao Dai: 4 million

17.Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

18.Tenrikyo: 2 million

19.Neo-Paganism: 1 million

20.Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

21.Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

22.Scientology: 500 thousand

www.adherents.com...
edit on 22-1-2011 by PsychNurse because: Something to add

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Arn't you just letting the actions of men dictate what you believe.? You can't judge anything clearly, let alone God's existence through the evils men do. God has taken a step back at our request, so what ever goes on right now, is on us. No passing the buck. That's how I see it.

No worries about being offended I'm very thick skinned and experienced around here. Besides you seem like a fair minded guy or I wouldn't waste my time. Just don't ever get the idea I'm trying to convert you. That's not the case at all. I'm in it for the debate mostly. I have never failed to reinforce what I believe through debate.

edit on 22-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Cheers... thanks for the conversation. Always interesting to hear other views. Men have many evils... no doubt about that. I dictate what I believe based on what I see and learn. Today I've learned I enjoy conversation with you. Have a good day. Talk soon I hope.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
In his inaugural address on Monday, Alabama's new governor, Republican Robert Bentley, went out of his way to inform all the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and other non-Christians in his state that, "Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother,".

LanMan....he didn't make that statement in his inaugural address. He did however make the statement in front of a congregation of church going folks.

It doesn't really effect your post except that you have falsely placed the quote into his inauguration address. Which means you either received bad information or wanted to link the two somehow (which I don't see how his remarks and your thesis on religion in America are).

Plus...this is being discussed already HERE

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join