It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thread for all you Racist Americans...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Before I start, I would like to say I am not labelling all Americans as racist because I know that is far from true. The title of this thread had to attract Americans first.

As a mixed race (half black Caribbean, half white British) male from the UK, I have experienced racism here in the UK. However, racism does not worry me or bother me any more here as it is generally mild and born of pure ignorance or simply just used to cause maximum offence. I don't find it any more offensive than a larger person would be offended by being called names because of their weight.

In America, the racism seems to be a lot more deep rooted and actually scares the crap out of me. There are places in America that I would never dream of visiting for fear of being attacked because of the colour of my skin. Why in the 21st Century is this still such a huge Issue. What happened in the past to make you guys so afraid of people with black skin. Do you ever think about the native American's that were practically wiped out by YOUR arrival on American soil. US land has not always been 'American'. British land always has been British, yet we welcome people from all over the world and live together in mixed race communities... happily. Of course we have issues and racism exists, Britain is by no means the land of peace and tranquillity but racism is not a massive issue any more.

I would like to hear the opinions of actually racist people who clearly frequent this site as well as the good American people that I know exist. I don't care what you think of me on here because letters can't do any damage (but please refrain from using this as an opportunity to try and offend me or anyone else). I genuinely want to know why you are racist, particularly against black or mixed race people? Ignorance alone cannot explain some of the explicitly racist comments I see from mainly Americans on the likes of Youtube and MSN. Please help me understand.

I will gladly answer any questions you might have about being a victim of racism and try to help you understand how it feels. If I can change one persons views then my work here is done.

50/50
edit on 19-1-2011 by fiftyfifty because: Bad grammar!

edit on 19-1-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

In America, the racism seems to be a lot more deep rooted and actually scares the crap out of me. There are places in America that I would never dream of visiting for fear of being attacked because of the colour of my skin.

Would you please provide some examples of locations in the United States where you would never dream of visiting for fear of being attacked?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I do tend to Label people as black But just to identify them, No offense intended of course, I have no problem with Any race

To Be racist is Old-Fashioned and somewhat ignorant, I would wish racial abuse on no-one

link   
I have a question. What information or life experience is your opinion based on? I'm curious if this is first hand knowledge from visits to the US, first-hand accounts from friends who have travelled to the US, media reports on how racist the US is, or the postings of the small group of racists on ATS, who scream louder and more frequently than others, making them seem more populus and important of a group on line than they are in reality?

+1 more 
link   
I am a white American. There are places in the US I don't go because I fear for my life due to racism. Inner city Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, etc.

link   
Because you black guys always trying to steal our white girlfriends!

Sorry. Just wanted to make the racist joke.

The places where you said you wouldn't want to go, say a southern White town in the USA with a whole bunch of red necks.
Yeah if i was black i'd be scared too.
But i'm white, and well.. i'm not as scared, but pretty damn scared to go around there.

But lets say my white butt got caught in LA, in a completely Mexican neighborhood. I'm just as scared.

Just saying, you being black doesn't mean us white people don't have the same fear in certian areas.

As for why we're so racist?

Probably this whole "My country is better than your country" belief. Pure egotism.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Nobody cares about race, it's not like it's an accomplishment or anything, lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I am a white American. There are places in the US I don't go because I fear for my life due to racism. Inner city Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, etc.

Oh yes

So true

I am right there with you on that one

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Ignorance alone cannot explain some of the explicitly racist comments I see from mainly Americans on the likes of Youtube and MSN

Maybe not, but it sure seems to explain this thread...

Have you been to the States..? If so where and what did you experience..? Or, your subjective opinion is based on T.V...?

And another thing - if you are muslim and living in the U.K., you have a scarlet letter on you at all times - so be happy you're of a 'mixed race'..

50/50

You mean 5150, right..?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

50/50:

In order to promote understanding, first let me point out that I am a Non-Racist American.

Second, I have some questions for you:

a) have you visited the US and directly experienced racism here?

b) if so, what areas of the US?

c) if a and b are not applicable, then why do you perceive a substantial amount of Americans to be Racists?

Peace.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I live in a very racially charged region of America - the deep south (Atlanta, Ga.) and I can tell you this much...

In my neighborhood being white is actually way more likely to get you killed than being black or Hispanic. Though if you travel beyond the city, and suburbs, this reality changes, and you find the opposite is true.

I say this to point out that racism is not a purely white sin.

My way of addressing the problem is to simply not participate in it. I hate nobody based upon traits that they have no personal control over.

Now, if hating stupid and selfish people is wrong... then I am possibly guilty.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Do either of you live anywhere close to Chicago, Detroit or LA?

I go into "bad" or as you say "inner-city" neighborhoods in Chicago all the time. Never a problem.

If you show fear in a unfamiliar neighborhood, you quickly become a mark for the bad people in any neighborhood. That goes for a white guy in a black neighborhood, or black guys in white trash neighborhoods.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Basically anywhere that isn't touristy, Texas in particular worries me. It seems (and I must add from other peoples comments, comments I've seen and read on the internet and the media and not from personal experience) that may places away from the big cities seem isolated and against the 'blacks' moving into their neighbourhood. I know this is a generalisation but it is how it appears.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm a white guy from new orleans. Spent lots of time in black and white neighborhoods. Black neighborhoods are much funner and the people are nicer. Not to mention the bootie shakin parties that go on every sunday. Never had a problem, although my brother has been mugged a bunch. Now my once peaceful hippy brother now throws N bombs around here and there. lol

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Ignorance alone cannot explain some of the explicitly racist comments I see from mainly Americans on the likes of Youtube and MSN

Maybe not, but it sure seems to explain this thread...

Have you been to the States..? If so where and what did you experience..? Or, your subjective opinion is based on T.V...?

And another thing - if you are muslim and living in the U.K., you have a scarlet letter on you at all times - so be happy you're of a 'mixed race'..

50/50

You mean 5150, right..?

That would be 51/49

No before the responses start coming in calling me ignorant let me be clear that this is my opinion, based on what I hear, what I see and what I feel. I know the US is a BIG place and there are a lot of good people over there. I hadn't considered the discrimination that white people faced and I know this exists but again... why?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That's why asked where did you and see the things that formed your opinion? Again, personal experience fron=m being in the US, first-hand accounts from friends, what you see on TV and YouTube, or what you see on ATS?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Before I start, I would like to say I am not labelling all Americans as racist because I know that is far from true. The title of this thread had to attract Americans first.

Thanks for the honesty.

Racism is a form of primal... or perhaps, tribal survival instinct that is as animal-like as any and is very counter-productive to our species. Because we are a higher order, we must overcome these instincts and recognize that humans are both all one as a species, and still, each an individual.

It has been said many times and I believe it is true; Our differences are our strengths. Diversity leads to growth both in spirit and culture.

That all being said, it should also be noted that humans of all races are capable of taking any horse for a ride. The race card, so to speak, is often played for personal or sectional gain.

In sum, racism is entirely natural to all of human kind... but so are all those things like envy, jealously, lust, gluttony, etc...

To evolve, we must overcome our most primitive instincts and become a new creature.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

50/50:

In order to promote understanding, first let me point out that I am a Non-Racist American.

Second, I have some questions for you:

a) have you visited the US and directly experienced racism here?

b) if so, what areas of the US?

c) if a and b are not applicable, then why do you perceive a substantial amount of Americans to be Racists?

Peace.

No, I have never been to the US. A and B are not applicable. However, every night I come on the internet and read threads of such biased racist people, see such offensive language used on Youtube etc and the majority of times, the location is 'somewhere in america'. I understand that a lot of the comments are from immature teenagers but that is even more worrying, is the next generation going to be even more racist? Maybe a visit to the states would open my eyes and put to rest some of my concerns but I can't help thinking about the racism. I don't feel that travelling anywhere else in the world (except Glasgow :lol

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Really? I guess those videos we see of the Pakistani citizens of your fair country spitting on people of other races and religions are cool, well done fakes?

I go to the UK several times a year and there are places in the greater London area I would never dream of going and not because there are thugs, which there are in every city of the world, but because I am white. I grew up in a hell-hole in the North East USA and I would sooner go into downtown Newark, Camden and Trenton than I would go into some parts of your country.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Sounds like a purely racist opening post. Try walking white from the metro station on "the hill" past the boarded up buildings to the front gate of Bolling AFB D.C. I did it once; with no issues; but I wouldn't tempt fate again. Ignorance is not the sole property of any one group of people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join