It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to China: Let us sell you stuff!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Besides, i cant imgagine why china would wanna buy any of our current garbage. japanese cars are way better than any american car. but american plastics, so weve learned arnt as toxic as the stuff from china, so its a trade off. i guess. they have thier own technology, so to speak, ect ect..why would they want our crap?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Ziggy.

There is no such thing as an "American Made" car. You need to get up to speed on the automobile industry in the US. Honda, Toyota, BMW and Mercedes just to name a few all have factories here in the US many of them use large amounts of American made hardware. US name brand manufacturers use many parts made in Japan, Germany or elsewhere.

Canada manufactures a large percentage of those supposed "garbage" cars.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

President Obama to China: Let us sell you stuff!

"We want to sell you all kinds of stuff," he just told visiting Chinese President Hu Jintao at a White House presser. He then went on to mention software and cars and a few other things. I wish he'd stopped at "all kinds of stuff."

That US trade deficit with China? $252 billion in the first 11 months of last year. VOA is reporting that $45 billion of US corporate export deals with China -- about half of that with Boeing

Well I think Obama finally found something he is good at.

Sales.

Actually, he is a good salesmen IMO. Selling the American public on the idea of Change. That's almost all I have left is Change in my pocket. It is good however to see him active on this topic. I wish him the best of luck. With Chinas growing middle class they will want consumer goods and other items but their markets are still pretty much closed on purpose to most outside products.

We don't have to try to sell them electronics or durable goods. [They manufacture all that for us anyways] But beef and other foods. Rice? RAW materials, Chemicals etc. I'm no expert on the subject but there is a lot of other items I'm sure we have that they want and or could use. It's just a matter of getting it to their growing consumer markets or manufacturers....

Any increase in sales to them is a positive move IMHO.

Your thoughts?

Obama is a rockefeller employee. He's only doing his job.

What happens when china and russia don't want to play the banker's game?

World War 3?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
What happens when china and russia don't want to play the banker's game?

World War 3?

I think it's too late for either not to play.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well - here is what the US exported the most of 2009 (I couldn't find 2010 figures).

Top US Imports & Exports 2009

Top US Export Sales
1. Civilian aircraft including parts … US$74.7 billion, up 1% from 2008 (7.1% of total US exports)
2. Medicinal, dental and pharmaceutical preparations … $46.1 billion, up 14.1% (4.4%)
3. Semiconductors … $37.5 billion, down 26% (3.5%)
4. Other industrial machines … $30.9 billion, down 19.1% (2.9%)
5. Automotive parts and accessories … $30 billion, down 24.6% (2.8%)
6. Telecommunications equipment … $28.7 billion, down 12.6% (2.7%)
7. Passenger cars … $27.5 billion, down 44.5% (2.6%)
8. Medicinal equipment … $26.9 billion, down 0.5% (2.5%)
9. Electric apparatus … $26.1 billion, down 15.5% (2.5%)
10. Plastic materials … $25.5 billion, down 19.3% (2.4%).

Fastest-Growing US Exports
1. Non-military spacecraft … US$48.3 million, up 82% from 2008
2. Audio and visual recording media … $696.3 million, up 37.7%
3. Aircraft launching gear … $452.4 million, up 14.9%
4. Medicinal, dental and pharmaceutical preparations … $46.1 billion, up 14.1%
5. Military aircraft engines and turbines … $1.9 billion, up 9.9%
6. Military trucks and armored vehicles … $1 billion, up 9.8%
7. Artillery, guns, missiles and tanks … $3.1 billion, up 8.5%
8. Nuts … $4.2 billion, up 7.4%
9. Animal feeds … $6.4 billion, up 7.2%
10. Soybeans … $16.9 billion, up 5.7%

So what do we have in that list that China needs / wants? Hopefully we'll hold off on selling them any military stuff. Though they''ll probably just hack or spy to get the plans anyway..

For what its worth - the current top 5 buyers of US exports (and what they buy ) is.....
Top 5 foreign buyers of US exports (and what they buy)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by ziggy1706

Ziggy.

There is no such thing as an "American Made" car. You need to get up to speed on the automobile industry in the US. Honda, Toyota, BMW and Mercedes just to name a few all have factories here in the US many of them use large amounts of American made hardware. US name brand manufacturers use many parts made in Japan, Germany or elsewhere.

Canada manufactures a large percentage of those supposed "garbage" cars.

True enough! The only new car I've ever bought was a Mercury. Good ol' American workmanship. When I rolled it off of the lot, nearly every single part in it had a sticker that said "Hecho en Mexico". I reckon since all those parts were assembled in America, though, that made it an American car?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

President Barack Obama & China'sPresident Hu Address U.S. & Chinese Business Leaders / January 19, 2011 / Watch this video and others like it in hi-res at SCVTV.com

edit on 22-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

edit on 22-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think the video is worth the time to view for those who are not quite up to speed on the subject.

It gave me a slightly different angle on the topic of trade between the two.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I am scratching my head.
After the outsourcing of American jobs to other countries,what does America have left to sell??
China is the leader in car production and electronics,what else can America sell them besides more American outsourcing of jobs??

More push for Rare earth metals and less business regulations, allow businesses to develop hemp products, and so much more.

Honestly the thing with the market is that sky's the limit if you actually allow it to flourish properly
We both know that Movies and Music..... The U.S. owns that market bar none!

Now... let's promote innovation, it's actually that simple!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
What we need to do is take all the products China sells here in the USA and do unto others...

Meaning:
RE-stamp the "Made in China" with a "Made in the USA".
Then export them to China and watch the sales boom.
Oh wait. They already did that, or still do that to us now.
Either way, I don't think we have the manufacturing capabilities of yesteryear to actually sell them much.
Seems they want to 'own' us anyways.
They practically have 100% total control of the sales market here already.

Whose fault do you think it is ?
Ours and only Ours who decided to offshore Manufacturing to China because of EPA. Surely the chinese welcomed the idea at the cost of EPA disasters in their country but also realized the potential to COPY PASTE and sell it to the rest of the world. They made a fortune by becoming the manufacturing base for consumer goods while we in the US lived off our past glory and bravado about rescuing the world. We also have the most laziest of the workforce along with Greedy corporate and political leaders who are partially to be blamed for the sell out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join