It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to China: Let us sell you stuff!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
it is same in uk.. i wonder what we have left to sell too..

kx

Well, not even Chocolate..

But we have been on this path for a while longer... Maggie kick started the sell of brilliantly.. and all the others have followed that path
sadly that is the path I can see the US following..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What we need to do is take all the products China sells here in the USA and do unto others...

Meaning:
RE-stamp the "Made in China" with a "Made in the USA".
Then export them to China and watch the sales boom.

Oh wait. They already did that, or still do that to us now.

Either way, I don't think we have the manufacturing capabilities of yesteryear to actually sell them much.
Seems they want to 'own' us anyways.

They practically have 100% total control of the sales market here already.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Actualy yes i do have some chocolate i am willing to sell.... mostly maltessers...

kx

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

It's all about profit....

Companies like WalMart and Target etc etc etc...

Buy the cheapest products they can and sell them at regular retail profits. I hear General Motors is making a killing manufacturing Autos in China. The Japanese made a killing at first by selling us their Autos by importing them to us then later they built plants here. US Auto Companies on the other hand totally bypassed the manufacturing here and exporting to China and went straight to building them over there for their markets it's just a matter of time before GM starts to import Chinese made Chevy's to the US for the few people left who can afford a new car.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I'm all for exports to all the furriners. Ownership, maybe not so much. I'll trade with you all day long, but when you start trying to throw chains on me, the trouble's gonna start.

All over again.

As always straight to the point.....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by havok

It's all about profit....

Companies like WalMart and Target etc etc etc...

Buy the cheapest products they can and sell them at regular retail profits. I hear General Motors is making a killing manufacturing Autos in China. The Japanese made a killing at first by selling us their Autos by importing them to us then later they built plants here. US Auto Companies on the other hand totally bypassed the manufacturing here and exporting to China and went straight to building them over there for their markets it's just a matter of time before GM starts to import Chinese made Chevy's to the US for the few people left who can afford a new car.

I know, right?
My whole issue is, when you boil it down...the entire 'global' strategy seems to kill industry here.
So it wouldn't surprise me at all to see GM, I mean chinese, cars or parts start flooding the market.
When is too much profit enough?
How come all these companies don't give a rat's butt about the people in the USA that started it all?
This country is where the manpower originally came from that made them money to begin with.
It's more than disgusting...it's depressing.

I have a hard time actually liking CEO's or big businesses for this exact reason.
I get so tired of hearing about 'profits'.
Actually, I despise talks about more profits and the like.

How much wealth is actually needed?

Well, I can only swallow my hatred and look to the future.
Oh wait, there is no future here.
Literally.

We've made this entire lifestyle, and livelihood, about money and the strive to make more.
It will be the destruction of us. In my opinion, of course.

edit on 19-1-2011 by havok because: spellling...see thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Actualy yes i do have some chocolate i am willing to sell.... mostly maltessers...
kx

Got any MaltEasters?

Thanks for reminding me of that... I had forgotten about them

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well on the Auto side, I would use MG as a cautionary tale..

tho having seen the new models I would certainly buy one.. very pretty, and very cheap.. tho I have yet to really work out where the new ones are made...

MG Motors Website part of the SAIC Group
www.mgmotor.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

FYI:

GM's 2010 China auto sales top 2.35 mln

General Motors (GM) announced Tuesday that its auto sales in China exceeded 2.35 million units in 2010, marking a new record for the Detroit-based automaker.

By December 31, 2010, GM sold a total of 2,351,610 vehicles in China, a 28.8-percent increase from 2009. Last year, GM launched 11 new models or upgraded models in China.

Chevrolet sales reached 544,000 units in 2010, surging 63.4 percent compared to 2009. Sales of Buick and Cadillac rose 23 percent and 139 percent, respectively, to 550,000 and 17,000 units last year.

SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile Co., GM's joint venture with SAIC Motor and Wuling Automobile Co., sold 1,149,000 Wuling brand vehicles in 2010, up 14.8 percent year-to-year.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So MG Motors are part of the same group,
I am a bit late for my cautionary tale then

Honestly it really feels like we are stuffed... (on both sides of the pond)

Well... I have learned a lot today.. thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

All good questions

How come all these companies don't give a rat's butt about the people in the USA that started it all?

Hard to believe there are no companies CEOs that want to help our citizens, that is why I think the issue must be way deeper.

I personally make and produce a product, and it is not plastic garbage,

buy American, support the small businesses, and it seems that this group of leaders we have now in Washington is trying to stop the small businesses.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm all for exports to all the furriners. Ownership, maybe not so much. I'll trade with you all day long, but when you start trying to throw chains on me, the trouble's gonna start.

I was born and raised and lived all my life in a coal mining town, my grandfather shod mules in the mines and my father, they were blacksmiths,

This town is built on top of closed mines, I know exactly what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Sadly, Obama didn't sell anything to the Chinese. He completely failed to get a commitment from Hu to honor our IP and patent rights. The most he was going to ask for was protection of our technology, and they wouldn't even agree to that.

We took human rights off the table long ago when Hillary first went over. If we can't protect people, how can we protect "Die Hard" or barbecue sauce?

Obama "diplomacy" = FAIL.

I had to laugh because it's so true.
But sad....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I worked for a electronics company that would purchase I.C. chips from China and Russia, and unless they only exported sub par components overseas, US made electronics are of better quality. My other comparison is the Chinese AK-47 which I always found to be to "loose" of a rifle. The parts seemed to fit poorly and the whole rifle seemed to "wiggle" to much as compared to Russian or Romanian made AK's that seemed perfectly fitted. In my amateur opinion China sacrifices quality for quantity. Which could be a very good thing if there home used weapons and electronics are that badly made. Considering some of the news that we in the west get out of China, it seems that poor workmanship is the cause of many of their disasters in mining and so forth.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

That may be true for now but...

When Japan first started exporting to the States much of their stuff was simply garbage but within a couple of decades their autos and electronics became the best in the world.

They gotta love Professor Deming.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4405fa35858b.gif[/atsimg]
W. Edwards Deming

(October 14, 1900 – December 20, 1993) was an American statistician, professor, author, lecturer, and consultant. He is perhaps best known for his work in Japan. There, from 1950 onward, he taught top management how to improve design (and thus service), product quality, testing and sales (the last through global markets)[1] through various methods, including the application of statistical methods.

Deming made a significant contribution to Japan's later reputation for innovative high-quality products and its economic power. He is regarded as having had more impact upon Japanese manufacturing and business than any other individual not of Japanese heritage. Despite being considered something of a hero in Japan, he was only just beginning to win widespread recognition in the U.S. at the time of his death.[2]

edit on 19-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well,China wants to reduce the Rare Earth Exports up to 35% this Year...guess selling Electronic Stuff isnt gonna work for much longer
Anything else?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

TRUE, However.....

Rare-Earths Producer Molycorp, Rivals Lobby Congress

Molycorp Inc. and potential rivals in rare-earth mining are competing for advantage as lawmakers seek to revive U.S. production of the minerals used in products from “smart” bombs to wind turbines and mobile phones.

The company, which is preparing to reopen a shuttered mine in California, wants federal loan guarantees to convert the elements into metals, alloys and magnets, Jim Sims, Molycorp’s vice president for public affairs, said in an interview.

U.S. officials and lawmakers are calling for development of domestic rare-earth supplies after China’s announcement in July that it would cut its export quotas by more than 70 percent. China produced about 97 percent of the world’s supply of rare earths in 2009, according to the U.S. Government Accountability Office. Companies are lobbying Congress for legislation that would favor them, said mine owner James Kennedy.

“It’s a very jealous industry,” said Kennedy, owner of Wings Enterprises Inc. of St. Louis, which is developing a mine in Missouri. “Nobody wants to see anything that would bring more production online” by competitors.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
new market tag made in china assembled in the USA, 250,000 new slave jobs,we the USA will, assemble China made parts for sale use in China, and China will make and assemble in China, made for sale in USA, does any one see a problem with this?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Basicaly unless America invades and occupies China within the next 20 years with the brutal savagery it does with most 3rd world countries it conquers, were all pretty much screwed. China is going to win.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Basicaly unless America invades and occupies China within the next 20 years with the brutal savagery it does with most 3rd world countries it conquers, were all pretty much screwed. China is going to win.

Ok,

Export violence, death and destruction.
Thanks for your contribution.

I think...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join