It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello again (Questions about the Bible)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So now that I have a little extra time, I have already posted my introduction, and this shall be my first thread/question to you guys, as an introduction to some of the stories I would like to share with you. My first question to you would be this: Do you think that the Bible goes with religion? Do you think it has meaning? If so what? Or.... would you agree with me upon the basis that it is instructions, written in code, to show us our mistakes in the past? And how to overcome them? I will post more on my thinking, have to get back to work for a bit. Just figured this would be a good "kickoff" to information I have to share with all of you.

Mod Edit: Modified thread title to clarify subject.
edit on 1/19/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ohh and sorry Dev's if this is in the wrong area, Im trying to post in the "appropriate" forums, but am pretty new to ATS still, so sorry if I happen to be in the wrong area

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think this is about the worst site to get anywhere with a thread about the bible.

I have lurked here since about 2004 and have not read many threads if any decent threads on religion. Most just say kill all religions and people associated with them.

Hey but good luck with your questions.

Oh AshleyD was good when she was around but I think she left.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Q
o you think that the Bible goes with religion?
A:Obviously some.

Q
o you think it has meaning?
A: In later times it will show mankind the idiocy of their ancestors and what comes from badly educated people influenced by people hungry for power. Nowadays you can say that it has meaning to those that put meaning in it.

Q:Would you agree with me upon the basis that it is instructions, written in code, to show us our mistakes in the past? And how to overcome them?
A: Yes I fully agree. That was it's purpose from those that wanted to control the mass that they had seen worship this character called Jesus and bundled the stories and copyrighted these. Once copyrighted their authenticity was not to be questioned or off with your head. Great tool in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
I think this is about the worst site to get anywhere with a thread about the bible.

I have lurked here since about 2004 and have not read many threads if any decent threads on religion. Most just say kill all religions and people associated with them.

Hey but good luck with your questions.

Oh AshleyD was good when she was around but I think she left.

Miss her, she was my number one friend/partner on here.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mattyboy4u

Hi when and if you read the bible,it would be good to consider something..I was experiencing some difficulty understanding some passages....In these lectures professor Vieth shows how Satan has worked behind the scene to change and distort the word of God .......peace amazingdiscoveries.tv...

amazingdiscoveries.tv...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

Hi when and if you read the bible,it would be good to consider something..I was experiencing some difficulty understanding some passages....In these lectures professor Vieth shows how Satan has worked behind the scene to change and distort the word of God .......peace amazingdiscoveries.tv...

amazingdiscoveries.tv...

he sure has. Especially by the deeds of the Gnostics in the 3rd and 4th centuries, and especially by two heretics Westcott and Hort in the 18th century. All modern versions of the Bible are very corrupt. Heck, in the NIV you can't even learn who killed Goliath. There are NUMEROUS contradictions now in the modern versions thanks to Westcott and Hort. Same lie by satan in the garden:

"hath God really said?"

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
Q
o you think that the Bible goes with religion?
A:Obviously some.

Q
o you think it has meaning?
A: In later times it will show mankind the idiocy of their ancestors and what comes from badly educated people influenced by people hungry for power. Nowadays you can say that it has meaning to those that put meaning in it.

Q:Would you agree with me upon the basis that it is instructions, written in code, to show us our mistakes in the past? And how to overcome them?
A: Yes I fully agree. That was it's purpose from those that wanted to control the mass that they had seen worship this character called Jesus and bundled the stories and copyrighted these. Once copyrighted their authenticity was not to be questioned or off with your head. Great tool in my opinion.

Thank you for the response, I just look at the fact that, in our past (humans all together), we reproduce the same actions. I know that science and religion are 2 opposite views, but I think that the Bible is something totally different. I think that (when looking at the text involved) there is a hidden meaning. Anyways, I will be posting a new thread to go with this, in a more appropriate forum, that will go more into detail in my thinking from things I have been shown.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the other recent responses as well. It is said, to believe in one (God) you HAVE to believe in the other. Just like day and night, just like cold and hot. Anyways, I was raised Christian, and have done my fair share of reading/interpreting the bible. But there IS a lot of unexplained in it. Is it meant to be that way? Why? Why does everything have to be so vaige in the writings? And one of my biggest all time questions, would be if Earth was made, and then Adam and Eve, why can we not find Ancient Civilizations that date back to Dinosaurs. Why was it Earth to Humans and thats it? Where is our past according to religion? Something else we are just supposed to have "faith" in? Anyways, going a bit off topic, but I will go further into detail on what I have learned, in a more appropriate forum.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattyboy4u
Thank you for the other recent responses as well. It is said, to believe in one (God) you HAVE to believe in the other. Just like day and night, just like cold and hot.

Do you mean you believe in God and the devil? I believe that God created Lucifer, a marvelous and perfect creation, who became evil and lost his place in Heaven and will eventually be barred from entering Heaven. In the end, he will be confined in Hell.

But there IS a lot of unexplained in it. Is it meant to be that way? Why? Why does everything have to be so vaige in the writings?

It seems very clear to me. What do you feel in vauge or unclear?

And one of my biggest all time questions, would be if Earth was made, and then Adam and Eve, why can we not find Ancient Civilizations that date back to Dinosaurs. Why was it Earth to Humans and thats it? Where is our past according to religion? Something else we are just supposed to have "faith" in? Anyways, going a bit off topic, but I will go further into detail on what I have learned, in a more appropriate forum.

I am sure dinosaurs and humans coexisted. Job is the oldest book chronologically. At the end of the book, it talks of two animal that are extinct. The behemoth - perhaps a brontosaurus, and a leviathan. That would be like a T-Rex. He is used as a picture of the devil and our inabilty to defeat him in our own power. God created the Earth first, then made man to inhabit it. He gave us dominon or control of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi

Originally posted by mattyboy4u
Thank you for the other recent responses as well. It is said, to believe in one (God) you HAVE to believe in the other. Just like day and night, just like cold and hot.

Do you mean you believe in God and the devil? I believe that God created Lucifer, a marvelous and perfect creation, who became evil and lost his place in Heaven and will eventually be barred from entering Heaven. In the end, he will be confined in Hell.

Yes I believe in God, but as I was saying, some say they believe in God, but not hell. Its all Im stating, to believe in one you have to believe in the other

But there IS a lot of unexplained in it. Is it meant to be that way? Why? Why does everything have to be so vaige in the writings?

It seems very clear to me. What do you feel in vauge or unclear?

Both I would say. It seems more of fictional stories than anything. Who was the Goliath? Where is that in Human history? I think it is supposed to be believed on faith than facts, maybe its just me. Or maybe Im the one confused LoL. Either way, theres a lot of unexplained events in this world. Guess its why people even have forums like this one. To try to get the truth.

And one of my biggest all time questions, would be if Earth was made, and then Adam and Eve, why can we not find Ancient Civilizations that date back to Dinosaurs. Why was it Earth to Humans and thats it? Where is our past according to religion? Something else we are just supposed to have "faith" in? Anyways, going a bit off topic, but I will go further into detail on what I have learned, in a more appropriate forum.

I am sure dinosaurs and humans coexisted. Job is the oldest book chronologically. At the end of the book, it talks of two animal that are extinct. The behemoth - perhaps a brontosaurus, and a leviathan. That would be like a T-Rex. He is used as a picture of the devil and our inabilty to defeat him in our own power. God created the Earth first, then made man to inhabit it. He gave us dominon or control of it.

Again, I understand that people may say that it is in the Bible, but I guess I (a lot like people on these forums) am looking for facts. We have been digging up dinosaurs for quite some time now, but have yet to find one human that is dated back to those ages.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sorry about the last post, some of it was written as though it was part of a previous post. My bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Again, I understand that people may say that it is in the Bible, but I guess I (a lot like people on these forums) am looking for facts. We have been digging up dinosaurs for quite some time now, but have yet to find one human that is dated back to those ages.

Many would argue that dinosaurs are not that old. ^

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Many would argue that dinosaurs are not that old. ^

Who is many? Not to prove you wrong, everyone has their opinion for sure. I'm just trying to get a better understanding, I think that sometimes facts/fiction can be 2 different things, or one in the same. Trying to decipher the difference between the two

top topics

join