It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Freedom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
I hate to say this but I would shoot ANYONE trying to steal my bike............or even borrow it without my knowledge...........i would share my girlfriend before i would share my bike

Its a heavily customised Chopper so all the bikers around here know it which would make real hard for someone to take it.

I would be happy to take you were ever you needed to go though

I knew that would be your reply. I know many Harley owners and everyone of them would agree with you. There is nothing wrong with this view. However, you must acknowledge that we have now found why we need government, or we will destroy one another.

I take your bike, which you cannot prove to me you own.
You kill me for the bike.
My family avenges my death on you.
Your Bike club avenges your death on my town.
My town avenges...

Or

You shoot me
Government steps in to quell the feud.
Finds you had ownership of the bike.
Fines you for discharging a weapon in public.
Case closed.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

While the idea of no government is good, I am a realist and you have to have some structure so I am not opposed to Government............I think we can get by with a LOT LESS though.

I have owned several small businesses and worked for a big company in management and noticed a huge difference...........once a company gets a certian size they have people whos only real job is to dream up red tape and paperwork for others to do and will never stop because then people would know they were counter productive.

Our government has reached this point.........they pass laws that are just to geneorate income to pay them to pass more laws

but back to the bike..........the title shows who owns it and that is issued by the company not the state

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

While the idea of no government is good, I am a realist and you have to have some structure so I am not opposed to Government............I think we can get by with a LOT LESS though.

I have owned several small businesses and worked for a big company in management and noticed a huge difference...........once a company gets a certian size they have people whos only real job is to dream up red tape and paperwork for others to do and will never stop because then people would know they were counter productive.

Our government has reached this point.........they pass laws that are just to geneorate income to pay them to pass more laws

Any government we create will expand to dominate us. What would lawmakers do if they were not making laws? That is their life.

but back to the bike..........the title shows who owns it and that is issued by the company not the state

The title you get from the company doesn't equal ownership. It is evidence admissible in court to prove to the court that you own it so that they will protect your privledges of ownership.

Without the courts, that piece of paper can only convince those who will accept it as proof.

The only thing you truly own are your thoughts and your soul. Even your body can be subdued by another. Freedom is knowing what is yours and needing nothing more.

No one can steal from me nor enslave me. I know what is mine, and they cannot take it.

All the rest, I'll share with everyone.

With Love,

Your Brother

<< 1   >>

join