It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sibylline prophecies..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Pretty amazing stuff here from ancient times(600 BC). The themes match pretty well our present day world situation.

The future ruler of the world will come from Asia and he will be a divine being of human flesh, this is just one of many, many informations in the scriptures.

Link: www.sacred-texts.com...

Happy reading!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Maybe so. Not to me though.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

It's a 99 page document!!!

I don't think anybody is gonna read that, it would be better if you summerized it and put the main and relevant points into a thread..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I skimmed some of this maybe 20%.

If the age is correct it certainly is very interesting, since it then contains a number of very exact predictions.

It all stands and falls with the age of the document.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

This is from the preface of the document:

There is very little knowledge of the actual contents of the original Sibylline Books. The texts which are presented here are
forgeries, probably composed between the second to sixth century C.E. They purport to predict events which were already history
or mythological history at the time of composition, as well as vague all-purpose predictions, especially woe for various cities and
countries such as Rome and Assyria. They are an odd pastiche of Hellenistic and Roman Pagan mythology, including Homer and
Hesiod; Jewish legends such as the Garden of Eden, Noah and the Tower of Babel; thinly veiled references to historical figures
such as Alexander the Great and Cleopatra, as well as a long list of Roman Emperors; and last but not least, Gnostic and early
Christian homilies and eschatological writings, all in no particular order. There may be actual residue of the original Sibylline
books wedged in here and there, but this is dubious.

Case closed.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: add remark

top topics

join