It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Pair 'Tried to Exit Phuket With No Passports'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Mystery Pair 'Tried to Exit Phuket With No Passports'

phuketwan.com

AN INQUIRY is being mounted into the identities of a man and a woman who left Thailand for the Middle East without producing passports after being turned back on Phuket.

The Boeing 737 arrived on Phuket on October 28 to pick up seven people bound for the UAE, but nine people tried to make their way through Immigration at Phuket International Airport.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
All that is known about the couple is that they claimed to be Americans who had changed their citizenship to Paraguayan, and that they claimed their passports had been lost.

The two people, who are believed to have arrived by road from Bangkok, subsequently departed Thailand through Suvarnabhumi airport in the capital.

It is unclear from the story if they had passports when they left from Bangkok.

Why where they not arrested? ...... probably money was paid as Thailand is totally corrupt.

Terrorists, drug smugglers, any thoughts?

phuketwan.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

THE General Manager of Phuket International Airport has been hurriedly replaced with just 24 hours' notice in a flurry of concern about a mysterious couple who had attempted to fly from Thailand without passports.

Minister Sophon is believed to be agitated that the affair was first drawn to the notice of high-ups by concerned staff at Phuket and Suvarnabhumi airports, rather than senior-level management.

phuketwan.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Sawadee krap muddyhoop!

Overstay - pure and simple.

The UAE wouldn't let anyone in without a passport and that's a guarantee. If there was more to their wanting out of Thailand on illicit means then a simple pick-up from boat plane or crossing of the Mekong would have sufficed.

There isn't anything even on Thai-Visa.com to indicate this is weird.

How long have you lived here?

This is small stuff - believe me.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

At the bottom of that link is an article about an alcohol ban:

A BAN on alcohol sales within 500 metres of schools would mean that virtually every bar and club in Phuket City would have to close, a meeting of people with connections to venues was told today.
If they close all the bars then the airport investigation may be irrelevant because they can probably close the airport too as there may be no more tourists, and as far as I can tell Phuket is pretty much a tourist based economy, at least it was when I went there a few years back, though I've heard it's changed.

It's kind of mysterious how they were able to fly out of Bangkok when they couldn't fly out of Phuket, but a bribe seems like a plausible explanation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Something that happens all the time, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

They where trying to board a Boeing 737 sent to collect only 7 passengers!

I don't think this happens often.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The 'mystery' couple dont sound dodgy to me... if you were drug smuggling or doing something terrorist related then why would you draw attention to yourself in such a way? The only mysterious thing is how long certain airports in Thailand have been letting people through without passports, and whether it was down to bribery or just a slip up somewhere along the line.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
they were like, "phucket, im outta here!"

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

well, we'll never know who they were now. Apparently, Cash is STILL KING in this world...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop
reply to post by Solasis

They where trying to board a Boeing 737 sent to collect only 7 passengers!

I don't think this happens often.

I could certainly see myself attempting to board a private flight on a hopeful whim. And if I were fleeing governments or mafias or was smuggling drugs or some crap like that and had lost all my other ways to get out of Dodge, I'd be even more likely.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

top topics

join