It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

In all seriousness.....
Why not ask AGAIN about the mythical 4 hour editing window that closes in like 2 hours

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When I make a minor edit (e.g., typo) I ignore that. If it makes a difference, I will include a lowercase m for minor edit. Hope that is acceptable because my time is important, too

As an example:

edit on 19-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: m

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, the editing window should be extended to 4 hours. This is particularly important for the OP as it may be updated as news comes in.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
I dunno... it may be that data collected; reasons people go back and change what they've written, is worth something to someone, somewhere. This information could then be used to classify certain types of posters.... such as:

The only problem with that is... what if (God forbid)... they LIE?

edit on 19-1-2011 by zorgon because: ArMaP did it!!

edit on 19-1-2011 by zorgon because: PHAGE has been ABDUCTED by ALIENS

edit on 19-1-2011 by zorgon because: CLASSIFIED

edit on 19-1-2011 by zorgon because: No WAY do you need to know why

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by whaaa

In all seriousness.....
Why not ask AGAIN about the mythical 4 hour editing window that closes in like 2 hours

----------------------
Actually I received one message that I could not edit because it had been more than 115 minutes
since it was posted. Where did you get an extra 5 minutes?????

edit on 19-1-2011 by manta78 because: Do I really have to?

edit on 19-1-2011 by manta78 because: Ahhhhh. Still thinking about a reason

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I don't mind having to fill out the reason for the edit.....it is not really a big deal....I guess the site wants to stop unnecssary editing of posts; this can probably save on bandwidth....but it seems like they don't really enforce that rule on here anyways since I've seen a ton of edits without the reason why stated...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Belz
reply to post by Slayersixtynine

In all seriousness.....

I usually just change the names above to membes who have never used the account, that way everyone gets excited and confused at the same time.
edit on 19-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: see what I mean ...The_Belz....really....we all know that slayersixtynine and The_Belz are the same person.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It sucks for me cause I have to edit every post. I think I've filled it out like 5 times. I was erasing them so it would
show only one edit. Hell, I finally figured out that was totally wrong when I got post banned for it. (Duuuuuuh!)

I know ignorance is no excuse to the law but I didn't know.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Don't you hate when sentences end up like this?

Guess I lied about," every post "as well. Me of all people.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I was erasing them so it would show only one edit. Hell, I finally figured out that was totally wrong when I got post banned for it. (Duuuuuuh!)

Wait, what? You got post-banned for deleting the "edited" messages such that the last edit was the only one displayed? That has to be a mistake, Everyone does that (or most, do anyway) it's quite annoying (and distracting) to to see a list of edit notations at the bottom of a post, one (the last edit made) is good enough, IMO.

edit on 19-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: like so...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Everytime I edit I like to make a silly/humors sayings. Mostly for myself but it makes me laugh anyways. Like Ditto head strikes back, or Zing addition or quick typing skillz strikes again. Eh, to each their own.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by whaaa

In all seriousness.....

It's only 2 hours for us grunts. Slayer if you were John Titor you could just use your time machine.

The mods it's an open ended window, I smell a conspiracy here. RT puts on tinfoil Sherlock Holmes hat, hmmm interesting.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Realtruth because: Forgot to add my emotions

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wonder if the T&C bots monitor the [must be filled out] box? Only one way to find out....
edit on 19-1-2011 by whaaa because: censored

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I wonder if the T&C bots monitor the [must be filled out] box? Only one way to find out....
edit on 19-1-2011 by whaaa because: censored

EDIT TO ADD: SNIP...

edit on 19-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It's just silly to have a message saying you must give a reason, when in fact giving a reason is completely optional.
It would make more sense to say, "you may give a reason", or "please give a reason".

Re the editing time window, I have it from a reliable source, (a distant cousin of Sorcha Faal,) that a random number generator is triggered every time you submit a post, to decide how much time you will have for editing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Whenever you use the "edit" option, you can see a little message just above the box saying that you have "x" numbers of minutes left for editing. The countdown always starts at "120" minutes, so the period would be less than that only if the countdown speeds up and takes less than a minute to change from one figure to the next.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
The only reason I ever edit anything is because my spelling and grammar is so terrible, it seems a bit redundant to be writing "I cant spell" under every one of my posts
edit on 19-1-2011 by davespanners because: I can't spell

edit on 19-1-2011 by davespanners because: My spelling is bad

edit on 19-1-2011 by davespanners because: I misspelled something

edit on 19-1-2011 by davespanners because: aghhh forget it

Me too. Although the worst number of edits happen after I've had a few too many drinks.

edit on 20-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Expected that

reply to post by WalterRatlos

Oh...okay then. Guess it's a firm suggestion until the code forces otherwise.

edit on 1/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: the spacing got messed up, and I have OCD, so.....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My edit thingamadooey won't let me type a reason.
It has never worked anytime I try to give a reason so I ignore it as it is useless to me by never working.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I was having problems for ages, until I realised that we were meant to type underneath the little band, instead of on the band itself.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks for clearing that up...I thought it was a glitch.
edit on 20-1-2011 by DrumsRfun because: tap tap....is this thing on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join