It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Lucas thinks the world is going to end in 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There was a big thing going about at one time how Darth Maul is visually based on a race of gods tied into the Reptilian/Annunaki Agenda... and that the imagery of some of Amidala's Episode One costumes was on par with similiar matters...

Given this was the early-2000's as I first read of this in the months leading up to the release of Episode 2, its something that's another one of those hard-faced matters that can only develop-- finally-- now we're in 2012, the big make-or-break year when such matters will decisively be decoded and answered...

... regardless of Lucas's notorious double-speak, as he's even done for decades in regards of his own movies, and his aspirations of what to do with them..... sequels, prequels, nine movies, six...

You get the idea....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

The view is the view from Temple IV at Tikal. It's a great place to watch sunrise.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
George knows the score. So are we really meant to think otherwise that his films say anything less than the much-needed, quintessential social commentary of our times?

I commend him for his failiures. His measure as a man has been deemed to be worthy of no less than reverence on account of many achievements, and rightly so!

So what if he "thinks" something of the 2012 Question; many of us here outright BELIEVE the 2012 thing!!

And the difference between "thinking" a thing, and "believing" in it, amounts only to the concept of limits and levels, and I'd say in defence of Mr Lucas, he knows his limits, and-- as a mogul of modern mass-media-- he alo clearly knows our levels, as well...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The view is the view from Temple IV at Tikal. It's a great place to watch sunrise.

Thanks for mentioning this detail. I always wondered where the camera took that shot. I've always dreamed of visiting some of the Mayan sites. With the drug war being so bad down south I'll probably never go.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Futurcrat1
There was a big thing going about at one time how Darth Maul is visually based on a race of gods tied into the Reptilian/Annunaki Agenda... and that the imagery of some of Amidala's Episode One costumes was on par with similiar matters...

The mysterious Iberian bust of a woman called Lady of Elche most likely influenced the hair style/headdress design of Princess Leia in New Hope and somewhat of Queen Amidala in Phantom Menace.

Lady of Elche

The Lady of Elche bust was discovered by chance in 1897 on a private estate two kilometers south of Elx/Elche, Valencia, Spain. It is conjectured that she may represent Tanit, the goddess of Carthage.

Princess Leia

I found this comment very interesting on the wikipedia article on Princess Leia.

Young marriageable Hopi Indian women wear a very elaborate "Squash Blossom" hairdo that superficially resembles Princess Leia's." George Lucas, however, has denied a connection, saying: "In the 1977 film, I was working very hard to create something different that wasn't fashion, so I went with a kind of Southwestern Pancho Villa woman revolutionary look, which is what that is. The buns are basically from turn-of-the-century Mexico."
en.wikipedia.org...

He wanted the hair to look like hair buns from Mexico which happen to look like the Iberian Lady of Elche. The Native Americans and the Mayans all say they originally came from the stars.

Padme Amidala

Padme Amidala’s wardrobe

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
There are quite a lot of celebs, famous people and the rich who believe in 2012

Who does NOT believe in 2012? We are living in it now!

Just what is there not to believe?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Wow!! Thank you for that, friend!!

Like everyone else, I've read a ton of stuff about Star Wars over time, but I never knew any of that!!!

There's the famous story of Leia's breast being taped-down under her white costume in the original movie. It cropped up alot in interviews round the time of the launch of the Special Edition, when any anecdote in whatever magazine or newspaper made gold that we later learnt went on to fund the Prequels!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

There's the famous story of Leia's breast being taped-down under her white costume in the original movie. It cropped up alot in interviews round the time of the launch of the Special Edition, when any anecdote in whatever magazine or newspaper made gold that we later learnt went on to fund the Prequels!!

I didn't know about that potential wardrobe malfunction possibility. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by elderban

Yeah,... right,... Seth is NOT someone you want to rely on when it comes to hearing the truth from ANYBODY...

Toke....Toke... cough... LOL!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If I was Lucas, I'd be so damn tempted to break out the collectibles when the time ticks to the hour of the 2012 Dec 21st "happening"

His people would be, like, "No!"

And he'd be like, "We can always reshoot the footage with me blasting this trash with lasers from my eyes!"

Or, maybe not!

But still, I maintain, Lucas is not different to us. His private library is choc-full of the Occult and Myth and such things... Just look at the darkness in many of the Clone Wars stories...
edit on 22-1-2012 by Futurcrat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have to scan the urn image from Monte Alban of Darth Vader because it has to be the source where Lucas got the idea for the face. I can't do it right now but I promise I will present it later.

I swear, George Lucas must have either visited many ancient sites in central America or had a bunch of books on it before he started putting 'Star Wars - New Hope' together.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well did you hear what Doug Chiang said in one of the doc's for Ep 1...

He said how Lucas wanted them to look at African stuff in particular...

Chiang, aside from being a brilliant artist, was the lead artist of Ep 1 design...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Well did you hear what Doug Chiang said in one of the doc's for Ep 1...

He said how Lucas wanted them to look at African stuff in particular...

No I did not hear about that. It would be interesting to see a comparison of some African art that was used in the film. The outfit I posted of Padme Amidala sure looks asian to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If George Lucas really thinks somethings gonna happen, I think somethings gonna happen. I trust that man more than any politicians thank you very much.

Personally for me, Star Wars is the bible. Really just first movie I saw that literally said, "the Sky isn't the limit. Space is"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Hi friend, I've felt the same at an earlier time about Star Wars being this all-consuming thing. And I'm grateful to of gone through it all as its propelled me to investigate areas of myth and legend I wouldn't of done otherwise...

Lucas has famously stated how the films are filled with codes by which young people should live their lives, and I wonder now whether the utter and undeniable moral ambiguity of the prequels is something he's done within the stories to shock people into thinking maybe a thought or two he DOES have about the Now...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And I thought the world ended with the release of Star Wars Episode I.

Thanks for nothing George.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I think what was MORE suspect, was the 2002 Clone Wars series, which paved the way for 2008 movie...

If there really is a form of esoterica encoded in the Saga, then kudos to George given the impact on popular thought, culture, media, philosophy, and imagination amongst the masses.

But then again, as for the Series?

Well that was as hard to deconstruct as the logic behind commissioning the Ewok movies!

Maybe 'the darkness' promised in the live action series, might have some secret society in play instead of the warring Jedi and Sith... and if there's an Episode 3-type moral ambiguity to them, then we KNOW were in the zone for some nice feed of grey information...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
shame he didn't use his fear of 2012 and not made those abomination of those extra star wards films...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This terracotta urn was found at the pre-Columbian site of Monte Alban in the Mexican state of Oaxaca. It somewhat resembles the mask of Darth Vader from the Star Wars saga.

Funerary urn: National Anthropological Museum, Mexico City

Here is a picture of Darth Vader for comparison.

The helmet, cheek bones, mouth grill and cape chain are all elements that these two figures share. George Lucas had to have visited the museum before he wrote the script for Star Wars-New Hope. The Mayan end date of 13.0.0.0.0 must have been presented somewhere in that museum for him to reflect upon. Just think what went through his mind: The end of a civilization by a roving planet destroyer that comes around every 5,125 years

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
George Lucas also thought Jar Jar Binks would be accepted as a character. His opinion is null and void.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join