It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Lucas thinks the world is going to end in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elderban

George Lucas thinks the world is going to end in 2012

Considering the scale of current global discontent, it's hard not to see at least some degree of possibility that our civilization is going to implode.

However, if we make it to 22 December 2012 and even a few days beyond intact, then some percentage of this lunacy may begin to ebb. I think we have worked ourselves into a real furball over this being the end of days. This concept has taken root and grown like kudzu to cover a vast region of unrelated culture as well.

In essence, we are headlong into creating a self-fulling prophesy of doom.

And yes, this has scared the gee-whillikers out of every government office on the planet; a world population that seems hell bent on self destruction.

Oh... and if George Lucas believes this too?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
THX 1138 was a 1971 film...I did not go further than that on my research re: the OP reference. The rest is up to you.

However, this publication of "Lucas Comments" was a designed "leak" into the media...at the same news cycle as the "Second Sun" article from down under by a Queensland Astronomer/University professor.

These are designed disclosures...all meant to judge YOUR particular reaction to the "news" as well as throwing out "end of the world" scenarios.

Did you panic? Do you intend to stop paying your rent/mortgage as a result of reading these stories and others regarding 2012? Did you get up and go to work as usual?

Of course you did, because the news of "the end is near" was NOT on your TV!

Of course, all those old geezers such as Larry King, Regis Philben, and many old timers known for "keeping the secrets" are all deciding it is time to head for their bunkers and survival sites...

Expect a "Walter Cronkite" move by some of these folks in about 2 or 3 months or so...where they come out all sincere and worried wrinkles on their faces and into the main stream news with: Sorry to tell you all that it may all be over soon and we can not win this battle...

Great post OP...keep up the good work. I found a similar article on an urbansurvival website I frequent...but thanks for posting here at the real forum on the net...

Thanks for allowing me to post on this thread with my good half a brain I still got left in my aching head.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I can picture the front page headline of The Sun on December 22nd 2012 if nothing goes down (and presuming the latest in the Katie Price saga doesn't dominate headlines as usual....*yawn*):

"WE'RE STILL HERE!"

I do agree with the above post though, we'll get a lot of possible disclosure articles buried under other, slightly similar stories that people will see as fun and not pay attention to until the moment a respected person announces the bad news to us all

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
George Lucas Dispels Wild 2012 Apocalypse Rumor

Star Wars creator George Lucas was just kidding when he chatted with Seth Rogen about the Mayan prophecy of an apocalypse in 2012.

www.wired.com...

edit on 1/20/2011 by boondock-saint because: added quote

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Since George is into mythology, I think its more likely that he now realizes he said too much about what he really thinks and is now trying to back-peddle. He probably didn't expect Seth to open his big fat mouth like that.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

In fairness -- the guy who came up with Jar Jar Binks is cited as a "creative genius" pretty often as well. Words apparently mean very little in Hollywood.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Jar Jar binks is a legend... If it wasn’t for Lucas we wouldn’t have most of the 3d animation and graphics that we have in movies and games today. Im not a big Lucas or Spielberg fan I’m more of a tarrentino kinda man but ya have to give it to him..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Love it.
2nd line.....

edit on 20-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Damn! so no episodes 7, 8 and 9

Seriously though, I do wonder sometimes if george knows things about the govt. Like someone els stated hisfirst film was a bit anti govt and in my opion the star wars movies have a lot of political messages in them.

I was saying to my gf the other day that, star wars is a big part of my life after getting hooked on it as a kid and I said I wonder if star wars has any thing to do with my political stance today, I think its one of things responsible for me questioning weather or not im on the right side.

Originally posted by fw2011
To me the entire Star wars Saga was not "anti-government" but "anti-tyranny" the rebels do win..

But im not from a nation of rebels. Where im from it feels like we are more like the empire. In fact we had one not such a long time ago in a galaxie not so far far away.
edit on 20-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

If it wasnt for jar jar then senator palpatine (the emporer) wouldnt of been given the emrgancy powers to build a grand army of the republic, a grand army which later wiped out most of the jedi. Jar jar is stupid but hes ment to be or the story would not have been same.

Imo he is there as a bit of fun for the kids but his dumbness leads to consequences that not many young kids will understand.
edit on 20-1-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If he really believed this, he would release the original theatrical release of Star Wars on Blu-ray. He wouldn't have to worry about is ex collecting royalties if he thinks she'll be dead in a year anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

How extremely worrying. Third party source? Yeah this was a interview between Seth Rogen and George Lucas. Its reputable alright. Whats very interesting is when I google "Seth Rogen George Lucas" the first thing that comes up is "George Lucas Was Just Kidding About That End of the World Thing".

That article makes me think the feds got to him and said you can't say these kinds of things as you have too much influence. Too many people look up to him. I mean just look at the response. It was a bs "yeah don't believe me I'm crazy I talk to Elvis".

Does the above sound like Lucas???

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Lucas 'not serious about 2012 apocalypse'

George Lucas was joking when he told Seth Rogen that he believed the world would end in 2012, his representative has confirmed.

Rogen had quipped that the director/producer was entirely serious when he revealed a supposed belief in the ancient Mayan prophesy.

However, in an email to Wired, Lucasfilm rep Lynne Hale said: "I spoke with George. He was not serious when he talked about the end of the world in 2012.

She then joked: "But he is an adamant believer that the world is flat, that Stonehenge was built by aliens, and that the sun revolves around the Earth.

"These are among the many subjects he commonly discusses at length with Elvis, who he's going to digitally insert into Indy 5 along with a roster of famous dead actors."

Hale added: "Seth Rogen is a funny guy, but George and Steven [Spielberg] are taking Chris Rock with them on the Millennium Falcon!"

edit on (1/20/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spungy

Hi friend, (love the Liver Bird!) if you're English, i hope you caught the article in the Mirror the other week when Bill Roach, the actor who is Ken Barlow in Coronation Street, said exactly the same thing as Lucas seems to of said.

The article was even featured in the corner of the front page itself, further drawing attention to it on some otherwise obscure page-- and once it got going, he says a load about the Transformation of the Self, the Living Earth, the Energy aspect of things, all this stuff that the Mirror definately wouldn't even say on a slow day, but there it all was!!

It seems that these unassuming men, Lucas and Roach, maybe do know the score. Not least as Roach is a Druid, and there's all manner of Masonic themed aspects to Lucas, AND Star Wars.....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I find this HIGHLY unlikely, considering that he´s trying to get the
Star Wars live-action tv-show going on.
Why the hell would he need more money if the worlds about to end?
He propably would have hard time trying to spend all
that he´s already got before the year is out.
edit on 15-1-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

Ox

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This is also the same guy that thought Jar Jar Binks was a good idea..
George is just reaffirming what people have been thinking for years.. He's a loon.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

Hi friend, the Masonic theme in Star Wars is clear and blatant in the way its mythic and stylised "like the legends of old" and theres even Lucasfilm books that go into all this...

My point isn't that Lucas, oh he's some in-the-know somebody. No, no. I see him no different to any of us. He's got his little private library, he's clued-up on pop culture, he knows the history of the times we live in, have been through, and full-circle, even on the times we discredit as before it all.

So it goes to the mythic angle....

Hence the reason people don't even need to look very hard if you know what it is you're looking at in his movies.

Anakin screams the Lucifer fall story Wendy Alec's made such a franchise-to-be out of with her Chonicles of Brothers series. And don't get me started on Palpatine!!!

Napoleonic undertones to his Imperial status; and Night of the Long Knives underscoring Order 66...

If George is compelled, like William Roach, to believe what they do, its just that the evidence is more persuasive to them; whereras we'll still debate it!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Santa claus rearranged is satan lucas. George lucas? George W. Lucas? Oh my science!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It just struck me as odd about the way Lucas is being levelled into the whole 2012 thing, when in 1999/2000 he wasn't being aligned into anything--- despite the rest of us quietly thinking/feeling something ought to be about to happen... at least?.... New Millennium and all?..... Nope?!?

Lucas is too clued-up. I've already emphasised that, and am amazed nobody made comment on the private library George has, and how he's widely, openly, famously known to be naturally interested in history, politics, and--- RELIGION and MYTHOLOGY!!!

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just look at the elements in Star Wars - New Hope

The name "star wars" comes from the Mayan Hiatus at Tikal, Guatemala. The Mayans went to war with their neighbors when the stars were in specific positions. The rebel base at the end of the movie shows the ruins of Tikal.

The death star is meant to represent Nibiru, the planetoid that comes around periodically to destroy worlds.

There's a terracotta urn recovered from Monte Alban burials that has the appearance of Darth Vader. I can't find an image of it on the net but it's in one of my books. Some day I will scan it and post it.

Lucas definitely included mythology into his Star Wars hit. After reading all the background information for his movie he must have reflected on some of its details.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join