It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Eris Niburu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Found an interesting article that could make me (a Niburu skeptic) think twice about the possibility that a fairly large planetary body could cause issues for us in 2012 or around there.

Here's the link:

is Eris Nibru

For those who don't know, Eris is a dwarf planet in our Solar System which is about three times as far from the Sun as Pluto. We don't have much information or even imaging on it, as the only dwarf planet we can get close enough to imaging is Ceres. However, the distance from the planet to the Sun and the size could qualify it as a planet X.

This is the first "credible" Planet X/Niburu threat I've seen and I wanted to share and get a discussion going as to how plausible Eris as Niburu is. I still think it's very unlikely that we'll be blindsided by some massive planet on 12/21/12 but finding all the information regarding this is very important.

Here's the wiki link for Eris:
Wiki-Eris

MY last question to astronomers out there; is it possible that Eris could cause the "Kuiper Cliff" in the Kuiper Belt, which has been suggested to be caused by a large planetary or even binary star body?

Like I said, not jumping to conclusions, but I would really like to see some of these things discussed so we can figure out exactly what's going on out there and prepare ourselves as nessessary.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I dont think thats Nibiru, says its too small and the return year is 2256. Shouldnt we start seeing Nibiru by now, if it exists?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If Nibiru, planet X, was coming from an area behind the sun is it possible that it's there we just can't see it? We would have evidence of it's presence here on earth physically. Maybe that's why some of the planets are acting strange. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii

I dont think thats Nibiru, says its too small and the return year is 2256. Shouldnt we start seeing Nibiru by now, if it exists?

There's some scientists out there (a majority) that believe the planet doesn't exist and I tend to side with them. With that being said "Eris" is very intruging especially given the nature of the "Kuiper Cliff" where all the comet action seems to drop off. Astronomers for years have been trying to find a concrete explanation but can't find a conventional one. There's also been reports off-and-on about a possible Jupiter sized planet at that distance but it has never been confirmed.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The mass of Eris is .002 Earth mass. Our Moon is .0123 Earth mass.

Eris is really small and really far away. It can't really affect the Earth. The moon does affect the Earth through tides because it is really close and much, much larger.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

You are correct in assuming that the existence of a new mass in the solar system could be detected. Also realize that the Earth moves around the sun making it impossible for something to be hidden. Gravity studies show that there can be no new planet sized masses within 70AU. That's about 2x the distance to Pluto. Whole sky surveys push that back to 320AU or 8x the distance to Pluto.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Brown is completing a survey of the Kuiper belt. He has not found any large objects in the Kuiper belt and says that the mass distribution implies none will be found in the area not yet surveyed.

Brown already finished a survey of the northern skies and has a small zone to check out from southern skies.
Heading South, Looking Up

Remember, our northern survey could see a good bit of the way south, so the southern survey really only have about 1/3 of the sky to look at, and it is 1/3 of the sky that is somewhat far from the disk of the solar system. So my best guess is that there will be one or zero really bright objects down there. We’ll know the answer before anyone else, but unless the answer is one, rather than zero, no one will particularly care!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
If Nibiru, planet X, was coming from an area behind the sun is it possible that it's there we just can't see it? We would have evidence of it's presence here on earth physically. Maybe that's why some of the planets are acting strange. Just a thought.

The only way a planet could possibly be hiding behind the sun is if it were on the same orbit as the Earth and the same distance away from the sun as the Earth, like a mirror image. But there isn't, so thats that then

If there was any planet close enough to make an appearance in 2012 we would be able to see it in the night sky right now and even amature astronomers all over the world would have spotted it long ago.

top topics

join