It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

High schools begin censoring your facebook

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by groingrinder
 


It really isn't about the personal information either. It is border-line slanderous. The intent of the 'list' was to harm another person's reputation. The school (which is rare) took the correct action and quelled this before it turned into something much worse.

Again, I always err on the side of liberty and free speech....this little story has nothing to do with either!



Listen you cannot tell me what I can and cannot write on my facebook profile. Slander is spoken this is libel. And its only libel if you can prove that I dont believe its true. How are you going to do that. You say that list was meant to harm another persons reputation, so let me start going through your posts and lets hope everything you wrote was a 100 percent kosher.

For that matter, I feel he was individualised and unless the school can prove that they are reading everyone elses FACEBOOK profile thats exactly what it is.

THE END.




posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast
 


I writes it how i sees it. Dont like it read something else.



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is a clearcut case of cyberbullying and cyber harrassment and defacto sexual harrassment as the list ranked based upon promiscuity and that alone can lead someone who doesn't know any better to stalk and sexually attack a female ranked high on the list.

It would not surprise me if law enforcement was called in. Censorship I see none of it just the school being proactive and making sure the kids under their charge are safe and well informed.

It's like if you posted a hitlist of targets anywhere on the web over any item, do it and expect a response you were not encounting on.

To those who see this as being wrong somehow ask yourself the following : What if that was your daughter or sister on that list? How would it make you feel?
edit on 20-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fw2011
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


"The only true prisons, are those we build with our own minds, for we are all capable of freedom in spirit and mind."
PaxDeltaPan.

If you think/believe you are a slave, you are one!!!

In the context that has become popular in this collective psychosis that all people in modernity are slaves, that is my answer, of course, if somebody is chained and whipped, literally, to force them to labour, that is slavery.

Those spreading this myth, that we are all slaves, in fact cause the weak minded to believe they truly are slaves once they process all the nonsense which surrounds such notions as reinforcement to the 'huge conspiracy' to enslave 'mankind'.

This is what i mean about conspiracy theorists trying so hard to convince others we are enslaved, what in fact they are doing is programming weak minded people to believe and perceive in exactly that framework, doesn't happen to be true.

If people actually stopped to think about it all objectively and from many aspects and levels, they too would question the intents and agendas of those disseminating all the slavery nonsense, because the only people causing others to actually be enslaved in the free world, are the ones obsessively attempting to convince everybody they are slaves, they are the ones repeating over and over again, information which causes the mind, our psychology, to feel it is enslaved.

If such a notion were to be heard once in a while, it doesn't take hold, but people seem to Want to focus on disseminated media with the enslavement conspiracy as main theme and essentially self indoctrinate.

Look at what happens in the psychology behind commercialism and why adverts work because of repetition, to programme the collective viewer demographic sub mind, urging viewers subconsciously as well as consciously to buy 'whatever' product.

Same techniques are being used on you by the architects of enslavement conspiracy theory, tooled and refined since 2000 using the Internet and as i have said so many times, people are sucked in by the intrigue and seem to believe all the compelling manipulations of those such as Jones and those of similar ilk, but they hardly ever seem to process what those people are actually doing to the rising number of people who pay into conspiracy theory, what the conspiracy theory architects prime motivators and agendum are, do they.

Who are the real ones who want everybody to feel they are slaves, and why.

Simple as that bruv.

Think about it, process the aspects/angles and levels of information, not just what you are fed.

Takes a bit of mental processing, but we all have the best super computer in existence at our disposal, our brain, use it wisely to think for yourself, not how others tell you to think, consider the programming before allowing it to load!!!

We are only slaves, if we believe we are.

IMMHO, that is.


Peace.



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo
 



What do you mean? With sources, please.


The source is the OP article, where I copied and pasted that this guy printed off this list and was passing out this list to people IN SCHOOL. Why do you think he was doing that?

It's a freaking rape list and the school was right to do something about it.



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Maslo
 



What do you mean? With sources, please.


The source is the OP article, where I copied and pasted that this guy printed off this list and was passing out this list to people IN SCHOOL. Why do you think he was doing that?

It's a freaking rape list and the school was right to do something about it.


What exactly is this "rape list"? I googled it, and all I got was a bunch of porn sites and a list of prisons arranged by rape rate...

edit on 20/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)


And I agree, school was right to do something about it.
edit on 20/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To be fair facebook / myspace / social networking sites shouldn't be allowed in school anyway.. they are there to learn..

Out of hours they can do what they want on the internet but during hours it should be banned unlees it is condusive to their work..



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fianna
Listen you cannot tell me what I can and cannot write on my facebook profile. Slander is spoken this is libel. And its only libel if you can prove that I dont believe its true. How are you going to do that. You say that list was meant to harm another persons reputation, so let me start going through your posts and lets hope everything you wrote was a 100 percent kosher.

For that matter, I feel he was individualised and unless the school can prove that they are reading everyone elses FACEBOOK profile thats exactly what it is.

THE END.


Good catch on the slander/libel. My mistake.

You are right. I cannot tell you what you can/cannot write on your facebook profile, in your notebook or even what you say out loud. I can though, to maintain civility within a school limit those activities that only pertain to learning. Where did you see that the school is not allowing him to write something on his profile?

He was suspended for: (emphasis is mine)

The male student was suspended after distributing the list, which ranked the girls based on their physical appearance and promiscuity, among other descriptions.


So you are going to go on the assumption that the 50 girls he gleefully listed with details about their promiscuity, physical appearance and other descriptors were how beautiful and wonderful they were?

But hey, skirt responsibility for this kid and let him run amok because you don't believe it not to be true.



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fianna

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by groingrinder
 


It really isn't about the personal information either. It is border-line slanderous. The intent of the 'list' was to harm another person's reputation. The school (which is rare) took the correct action and quelled this before it turned into something much worse.

Again, I always err on the side of liberty and free speech....this little story has nothing to do with either!



Listen you cannot tell me what I can and cannot write on my facebook profile. Slander is spoken this is libel. And its only libel if you can prove that I dont believe its true. How are you going to do that. You say that list was meant to harm another persons reputation, so let me start going through your posts and lets hope everything you wrote was a 100 percent kosher.

For that matter, I feel he was individualised and unless the school can prove that they are reading everyone elses FACEBOOK profile thats exactly what it is.

THE END.



So did you even bother to read the article you put in your OP and based this whole thread on?

It clearly stated that he printed the list out and distributed it at school. THAT was what the school acted upon and it was certainly within their right to do so.

The fact that you seem to think this is perfectly okay is rather disturbing. You are right though that I can choose what and what not to read here. I now know not to waste my time with any more of your threads.



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fianna
 


It's called libel. Libel is not protected speech. This libel undoubtedly caused shall we say, "issues" on school grounds, so the school was within its authority to seek a solution to the problem. The girls and their parents are well within their bounds to take this schmuck to court; the reason they don't, is likely because that would only punish his parents who, in all likelihood, have nothing to do with it.



posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This moron has done it three years running! He's very lucky to live in this day and age. If he had done this when I was in school they would have found him in dire straights physically in short order. If not by some parent then by the boyfriends of those listed in his perverse printing. This kid sounds like a future candidate for new 'Loughner Award' for stupidity!

Zindo




top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join