It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Euro? ... Ireland Prints Own Notes. Plus, Nigel Farage on 'Monster' Eurozone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

End of Euro? ... Ireland Prints Own Notes

www.thedailybell.com

Emergency lending from the ECB to banks in Ireland fell in December, the first decline since January 2010, but only because the Irish Central Bank stepped up its help to banks. The Irish Independent learnt last night that the Central Bank of Ireland is financing €51bn of an emergency loan programme by printing its own money. ECB lending to banks in Ireland fell from €136.4bn in November to €132bn at the end of December, according to the figures released by the Irish Central Bank yesterday. At the same time, the bank increased its emergency lending by €6.4bn, bringing the total it is ow
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Farage some 'interesting' comments on banker bonuses.

In Brussels, Eurozone finance ministers are meeting to discuss whether to boost the EU bailout fund which was only set up last year.

An elderly, and trusted, friend of mine recently went to germany, as he does every year, to teach some students.

imagine his surprise when his Students told him not to change his ££'s to Euros at the bank because:

a) He would want German Euros
b) he'd get a better rate for German Euros

Now – is he finally losing it (he's as sharp as a tack) – or is there something going on here?

The European Commission and European Central Bank want to widen the fund - to give it more flexibility if larger Eurozone members like Spain need help.

Belgium's Finance Minister wants the pot doubled to 1.5 TRILLION Euro.

However Germany - the biggest euro zone economy - has so far ruled out any substantial increase.

A reflection of the major tensions within the Union. Nigel Farage, a Member of the European Parliament and leader of the UK Independence Party says the whole idea of the Eurozone was a failure from the very beginning..

source

It seems a global currency will be dificult issue to NWO afterall.

www.thedailybell.com
edit on 19-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

End of Euro? ... Ireland Prints Own Notes

www.thedailybell.com

Emergency lending from the ECB to banks in Ireland fell in December, the first decline since January 2010, but only because the Irish Central Bank stepped up its help to banks. The Irish Independent learnt last night that the Central Bank of Ireland is financing €51bn of an emergency loan programme by printing its own money. ECB lending to banks in Ireland fell from €136.4bn in November to €132bn at the end of December, according to the figures released by the Irish Central Bank yesterday. At the same time, the bank increased its emergency lending by €6.4bn, bringing the total it is ow

Six months ago there had been rumors here in Germany, the former Deutsch Mark would be printed again. So I am not surprised Ireland is about to re-issue the old currency.
Anyway - the final bill will be payed by the "normal" people and not by those who are responsible for this economic crises like banksters and politicians (just as usual).

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker58

Yeh, I read about it. I think Eurozone will fail. People are starting see things worst than before.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Personally I think the whole situation is far more complicated, in that a 3 way economic war is currently under way between the US, Europe and China..

And we'll only see an outcome when 2 of the 3 gang up on the 3rd as that'll be the only way they can weather the storm of losing a major power block.

And it is by no means clear which 2 will gang up on the 3rd.. it can go in any direction at the moment.

Recently China has started to underpin the Euro while Obama woos France, calling them Americas bestest Friend... in fact all 3 have been wooing Russia, India and all the other important players in the world..

I can only hope this will be resolved without it descending into a global conflict.. but it is still not clear who will side with who..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I believe the news that Ireland is printing its own money is fabricated.

How reliable is this site you list as source?

It does not appear that the Irish Independent has any such information as stated in this article.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I believe the news that Ireland is printing its own money is fabricated.

How reliable is this site you list as source?

It does not appear that the Irish Independent has any such information as stated in this article.

What source you need? Seems that this news are being replicated in the web. Maybe tomorow you will see this in a MSM tool.

Source
Source2

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Wait until the people in the rest of the PIIGS nations hear about the Republic of Ireland printing their own Euro currency. The people of Greece would be incredibly furious that they were forced to go crawling on all fours to the IMF for a bailout and take a massive austerity then learn that all this time they could have avoided the austerity by just printing their own Euros. Then the people of Spain, Portugal, and Italy will be demanding their governments print their own Euros to avoid austerity and a bailout.

We cannot forget about the Germans either, they were forced to flip the bill to bailout all these debt-ridden Euro zone countries just to end up learning all of that could have been avoided. Man there’s going to be a lot of pissed off Europeans.

I cannot wait to see how the elite at the European Union react to the news that Germans, Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, and Greeks have started printing their own Euro currencies. How can you have a single currency when it is being printed by several different nations? You can’t.

So is this the official end of the Euro when this news becomes public knowledge throughout Europe? Well that wouldn’t surprise me one bit and actually I would be very happy to see the end of the Euro zone, as I am quite sure so would most Europeans.

Until it is official I will have to hold my breath on such a great announcement as “The Euro has finally ended!”

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Some states in America are also implementing similar plans with making their own currency. With all this uncertainty and conflict in the economy it is a wise plan b.
edit on 19-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added making

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This will be a snowball.

reply to post by kwakakev

Wow, this is a danger move. Inside USA? wow again.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

THis is the exact same story being replicated. If the Irish Independent had news that Ireland was printing own notes it would be on the front page.

Ireland is currently starting to draw down money from the bailout package that was approved by the EU/IMF.

I am prtty sure this will not be in the MSM tomorrow or anytime soon. The story seems false and also makes no sense.
edit on 19-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: cant spell

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

My understanding is that Ireland is printing Euros
which defeats the whole single currency thing..(does see rather undeliverable) and in a single currency more like California printing USD$
something interesting is happening.. will Greece be able to print extra Euros? will Spain or Portugal? is the Euro evolving in another direction?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

US dont print dollars as they wish. The problem is the bubble. But if this bubble explode, will be in our face. As always.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Good news, good news.. I hope it's true, I can't wait for this enormous failure of a project to fail, luckily we don't have the Euro despite being a EU member.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Some states in America are also implementing similar plans with making their own currency. With all this uncertainty and conflict in the economy it is a wise plan b.
edit on 19-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added making

Is it some states or more local communities? in my neck of the woods we have a couple of alternative currencies, the Cuckoo and the Lewisian £.. both are local currencies, while the latter is quite new, the Cuckoo is 50 years old, and was quite effective during the 70s economic crisis (they also printed their own passports and stamps during that period)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Well, UK have not, and I think they never will. Good for them.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, the EURO was doomed to fail from its onset, and I was glad to argue that at the time as well.
A countries economic sovereignty comes with the control of its interest rate.
It was inconceivable that economies so vastly different as those in Europe could be linked to the same interest rate control mechanism and expect economic growth all around.
(some would argue that the plan from the outset was to ensure the failure of certain sovereign states)

Will continue to follow this intently.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Farage dont make sense?
. He is the only guy I know that make some sense. This is the exact same story being replicated because this is the story. They have to make a new story ? Sorry, I dont follow you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Gods. If they (Eurozoners) tried to hold it together with multiple countries printing their own euros, I think Europe would see incredibly run away inflation across the board. Talk about sparking a world-wide depression.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Farage dont make sense?
. He is the only guy I know that make some sense. This is the exact same story being replicated because this is the story. They have to make a new story ? Sorry, I dont follow you.

Please stop trying to speak for me or change what I have said. I did not mention Farage once. Not once. Please show where I said Farage doesn't make sense.

I said Ireland is not printing its own money.

It is currently drawing down money from the rescue package given to it by the EU/IMF.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join