It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life and Death in the buffer Zone (Zionism)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Death comes quickly at a place like this. On sunny winter days, when the smell of the night’s rain is still in the air, as if it would have brought some hope for the raped, barren land of Gaza, overrun hundreds of times by Israeli tanks and bulldozers. The land between the foothills of the village of Bait Hanoun and the Israeli border, guarded by watchtowers, soldiers, snipers, helicopters and drones. A land in which death is a regular guest. 
But despite all that, the 65-year-old Shaban Karmout probably had something like hope when he woke up on that winter morning. His house is in exactly this 300 meter wide strip of land in the so-called buffer zone.

He has built his house 40 years ago, in 1971, when Gaza was already occupied by Israel, and yet he had thought to have a future there for himself and his family. Shaban began to plant fruits, his land was full of palms and trees, lemon, orange, clementine and almond trees were growing there. He had a good life.

www.gilad.co.uk...

Zionists will have you believe that there is a conflict in the Middle East and they are in an epic struggle for survival. This is untrue because it is really about occupation and oppression. The zionist narrative is schizophrenic and dishonest in explaining reality because they find it impossible to explain and justify their behaviour to normal people. The Palestinians are under the total control of Israel and any act of resistance they mount is a credit to their character.

Zionism is really an existential expression of minds that traverse from this world into myth and fantasy and finds substance there. All their wars are based and justified on the existential fears they have as if they are in fear of their comeuppances. You can not do so much evil and think you have a clean slate.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It's a buffer zone, it's meant to prevent people from walking up to the fence and shooting at soldiers, it's not hard to explain nor is it hard to understand.

You couldn't have brought a worse example of the "occupation and oppression".

If I were you I'd be focusing on the lock up of borders, the blockade, any and every restriction Israel puts on aid and goods trucks, etc, these are symptoms of occupation and oppression.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It is worth noting that the zionists are building these so called buffer walls, which is really land theft on Palestinian land and put kill towers on them.

The article clearly states that the walls and buffer strip was put in the middle of the zionist victim's home.

"His house is in exactly this 300 meter wide strip of land in the so-called buffer zone."

The zionist Kill Towers are sometimes on the Israeli Apartheid Walls and overlook automated kill zones (ATZ) around Palestinian towns and villages. Most victims get hit in the lower limps as they approach the ATZ due to the inaccuracy of the automated machine guns especially when they approach at an angle.

Here is a link to a site showing the villagers and farmers who are victims to the zionist Kill Zones.

ingaza.wordpress.com...
edit on 19-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

I think you're thinking about the West Bank, the article says they razed his land, and declared it a buffer zone, as it was 300 meters from the border, nothing was actually built over his house, his house was just close enough to the border to be inside the buffer zone.

There is no such thing as an "Automated Kill Tower" where do you get that from?

People get shot in the limbs because those are the orders, you don't immediately shoot to kill, there's a shot in the air to warn and a shot to the legs to stop first. An "automated turret" *missing* and hitting the limbs is highly unlikely as the body is much easier to hit than the legs.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Israel Defense Forces -Weapons and equipment
Israel has also installed a variant of the Samson RCWS, a remote controlled weapons platform, which can include machine guns, grenade launchers, and anti-tank missiles on a remotely operated turret, in pillboxes along the Israeli Gaza Strip barrier intended to prevent Palestinian militants from entering its territory

The Israeli-Palestinian war: escalating to nowhere
By Anthony H. Cordesman, Jennifer Moravitz
pg 147
The IDF took this concept of reduced visibility and "remoteness" to a new level during the planning for the evacuation of the settlements in Gaza in the summer of 2005. With the establishment of a fence along the border with Gaza following the pullout, and building on the remote observation posts already established in Gaza, the IDFplanned to install a system of remote cameras, sensors, and gun turrets. The sensors and cameras would assist soldiers stationed miles away in front of viewscreens in identifying infiltrators. Soldiers could then remotely target the infiltrators with the machine gun turrets, weapons that are designed to have a range of 1,500-2,000 meters. It should be noted that the observation posts are operated largely by women and that the new system would also be run by women. The exact reason for preferring men over women in this role is unclear.

I read an article not too many months ago that women have a natural advantage over men when it come to monitoring the screens for long periods of time, and being able to react more quickly under those conditions.

People get shot in the limbs because those are the orders, you don't immediately shoot to kill, there's a shot in the air to warn and a shot to the legs to stop first. An "automated turret" *missing* and hitting the limbs is highly unlikely as the body is much easier to hit than the legs.

Silence is Complicity: The methodical shooting of boys at work in Gaza by snipers of the Israeli Occupation Force
by Dr. David Halpin

The lack of any work and the extreme poverty of the large extended families has drawn the boys and men to scavenge for broken concrete ('gravel') in the evacuated Eli Sinai 'settlement' and in the industrial zone by the Erez border control post at the northern limit of the 'Strip'. The factories of the industrial zone have been progressively demolished by Israeli shelling etc. They are seen to the west as one enters Gaza through Erez. A donkey and cart, shovel, pick, sieve, muscles and courage are the tools. The rubble is used to make cement blocks and poured concrete with the cement that is imported largely through the tunnels. Many dozens of men and boys do this work for precious shekels in the shadow of manned watch towers and under 'drones' above.

The 23 boys who have been shot between 26/03/10 (Said H) and 23/12/10 (Hatem S) are listed in the table below with skeletal facts. These points are made:-

· In 18 there were single shots and not automatic fire

· The reported range in most cases confirms that the weapon was a sniper's rifle in the hands of a sniper

· Almost always there were many dozens of other men and boys at work; these victims were picked off

· A leg was the target in most cases. Where the leg was not the target it is likely the sniper was 'aiming up' so the flank, elbow etc was hit instead.

· No weapons were being borne by the gravel workers so they posed no threat to the Israeli Occupation Force personnel. Instead they were bending their backs to their menial work within their internment camp

· The histories refer often to the recovery of the injured boy by friends and relatives under fire. This was a feature during 'Cast Lead' or instead the paramedics were barred from getting to the victims so they died without care.

This whole article is an enlighteningg read. I would have quoted the whole thing if it were allowed.
edit on 23-1-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This thread is very ironic! Zionism is supported in the Quran.
Zionism
But I guess everything is the fault of the Jews.
The Myth of Arab Innocence
a great article on the Myth of Arab Innocence.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Those aren't automated turrets, they're remote controlled by an operator, a human is controlling them..

As for the article, interesting read, and shocking if true, but as per usual we're lacking information..
I think the refusal letter from the British Medical Journal sums it up very well-

The information comes from the Defence for Children International (Palestine section) website, there isn't much context, there's no description of the Israeli soldiers' explanation for these events, and the article just sort of ends.

And looking at the source of information from the Defense for Children International (Palestine section) website I can see a lot of oddities, for example, a boy who was shot in the elbow is filmed with a small stained bandage wrapped around his elbow, when, had he really been shot, he should have had a cast, and a massive operation with stitches, that is if he was lucky enough not to have his elbow blown off by the shot.

In fact all of these children seem to have a small blood stained bandage on them when they should be wearing casts and have shattered sown up legs.. What gives?
edit on 23-1-2011 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

You couldn't have brought a worse example of the "occupation and oppression".

If I were you I'd be focusing on the lock up of borders, the blockade, any and every restriction Israel puts on aid and goods trucks, etc, these are symptoms of occupation and oppression.

I think Ilovecatbinlady did pick a very relevant topic here, as noted also in the article linked to in about agriculture sector.

how Israeli policies and attacks have ravaged Gaza's agricultural sector
The United Nations agency OCHA reports that roughly one-third of Gaza’s agricultural land lies within the buffer zone, its width varying from half a kilometer to two kilometers.

Ahmed Sourani, of the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committee (PARC), told the Guardian newspaper: “It is indirect confiscation by fear. My fear is that, if it remains, it will become de facto.”

According to PARC, the fertile farmland in and next to the buffer zone was not long ago Gaza’s food basket and half of Gaza’s food needs were produced within the territory.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad
It isn't unusual for people to accidentally use the terms 'remote-controlled' and 'automated' interchangeably, that's why I quoted extensively, to emphasize also the use of women for the remote screen monitoring.

In fact all of these children seem to have a small blood stained bandage on them when they should be wearing casts and have shattered sown up legs.. What gives?

I'm in the U.S., not in Israel or Gaza, therefore I must rely on information, hopefully reliable, from people who are there on the ground. My experience with official government announcements leads me to question their reliability. An example: Afghans report an airstrike that kills many civilians. U.S. and Nato deny it happened for about a week, then later claim that two militants were killed and no civilians, then a week later they say, "we're investigating." Then we never hear any results of any investigation. That's my experience. I think this behavior is also built in to most other sources of official statements. White House press conferences are completely useless when it comes to learning anything remotely resembling reality.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

ILoveCandy said:

The zionist Kill Towers are sometimes on the Israeli Apartheid Walls and overlook automated kill zones (ATZ) around Palestinian towns and villages. Most victims get hit in the lower limps as they approach the ATZ due to the inaccuracy of the automated machine guns especially when they approach at an angle.

Err.. Yeah, I think he meant automated turrets..

What I meant was that it's a buffer zone, and it's easy to explain, it prevents people from shooting at soldiers. And I don't believe one third of the farms in Gaza are in the buffer zone.. I mean look at it-
imemc.org...

At any rate it's not like it was chosen specifically to block out the farms, it just thickens the border, it's not arbitrary, or evil, or oppressive, or occupying, it's just there to prevent Hamas from ambushing soldiers, which is does.

Obviously this is a problem that needs correcting, but Israel can't be expected to allow people to harvest their fields when it can easily be used to attack Israeli soldiers, don't you think?
edit on 23-1-2011 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I mean look at it-
imemc.org...

but Israel can't be expected to allow people to harvest their fields when it can easily be used to attack Israeli soldiers, don't you think?

When I look at that map, I see a graphic portrayal of a certain mentality that afflicts Americans also; that someone else must pay the price to secure some sense of safety and security.

I see a 1994 Oslo security zone. Then, when Israel wanted greater 'feeling' of security, a second unilateral security zone. Did Israel say, 'hey, I want to feel more secure, therefore I will set up a buffer zone in Israel." No, Israel said, "The Gazans will be the human sacrifice for my 'feeling' of security." And when the new enhanced feeling of security was not sufficient, Israel unilaterally established a second security zone, cutting deeper into Gaza land.

This also reflects US notions of security. "We will conduct invasions and occupations on the other side of the world, so that all civilian casualties will be 'theirs' and not 'ours'" or as Presidents like to say, "We're fighting them over there so that we won't have to fight them here." Their towns will have bombs dropped on them. Their infrastructure will be wrecked. Quite physical damage inflicted on 'the other' for the 'us' to feel safer.

That's why rules of war were written. That's why humanitarian law exists. Because those who have the power will do anything and everything to someone else for the simple 'feeling' of safety gained, which is never satisfied, but must continue to sacrifice humanity day after day, with never an end, no point that can be reached when the powerful ones say, "that is enough, now I feel completely safe."

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That's actually not such a bad idea, but it would mean dismantling and rebuilding all the infrastructure already put in place- The fence, the border crossings, the guard towers, bases, cameras, the array of cameras, etc.. It would not only cost millions but also take years and years, during which time the border would be wide open...

I don't think it's realistically possible, considering the fact that Israel is keeping its forces out of Gaza and it still gets ambushed, why would it spend millions of dollars and resources to relocate a border which it would have to later put back in place?

Also keep in mind that in 94' Israel was still inside Gaza, and the situation was completely different. if I'm not mistaken in 94' Gazaens were still working in Israel, no?
edit on 23-1-2011 by Eliad because: Edited for more info..

top topics

join