It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November Elections To Be Postponed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well I been saying for I don�t know how long, and yes it�s a good idea to have a back up plan but it still smells fishie to me

The Bush regime is now working out procedures for postponing the coming November general election. This is totally unprecedented -- even in 1864, in the midst of the Civil War, the Lincoln vs. McClellan presidential contest took place according to the schedule established by the Constitution and relevant statutes. This represents further planning for a cold coup designed to perpetuate the power of the current gaggle of discredited neocon ideologues and their Wall Street backers.

In a shamelessly partisan move, Homeland Secretary Ridge today announced that al Qaeda has advanced its preparation for a terror attack in the US designed to disrupt the Democratic process. One wonders how Ridge is able to know so much about the specific intent of the terror attack he says is coming, in particular the part about the intent to disrupt the election. Ridge said during his press conference that we are now in a "post-Madrid" atmosphere. He also confirmed that planning for postponing the general election is now in full swing

FEDS EYE POSTPONEMENT OF US NOVEMBER ELECTIONS
Associated Press, 1 July 2004

Ridge Warns of Election Terror Plot
8 July 2004, Associated Press
By KATHERINE PFLEGER SHRADER, Associated Press Writer

Read More at
Centre for Research on Globalisation

Newsweek
Election Day Worries
Counter terrorists are claiming �alarming intelligence about Qaeda in the states
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If they do this without good reason, all hell is going to break loose.

Sure, only a third of people vote, but when you take peoples votes away they will fight it.

I dont see anyone standing for this.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Bush is probably just scared he'll loose. It would suck if they postponed it!!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Remember, Ridge was considered "credible". Quit picking on him!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
amazing, you have absoultely no proof, and i'm not about to trust any organization that supports globilization. listen dude, when you rant this anti-bush crap, it hurts a lot of people, not to mention it is actually harmful to the country. congradulations, you have bought into the liberal media.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Well I been saying for I don�t know how long, and yes it�s a good idea to have a back up plan but it still smells fishie to me
I think that is crazy. The Bush regime obviously knows something is going to happen. I think he is preparing to keep himself in power.

And it is unprecedented. If the Government decides to take away the people's right to vote in a democratic process, yes, it will turn out to be a dictatorial style for Bush's Administration.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
WOW... talk abot a misleading lead for a thread!!!

You cited the AP in your lead... but the actual article is by a totally different group. The AP article is about election officials discussing emergency election procedures, IT IS NOT ABOUT HOW BUSH WANTS TO POSTPONE THE ELECTION. The writer for the website you actually linked to is the one who ASSERTS without proof that this is what Bush & co. want to do.

To be frank, you have posted information that you know was misleading. You provided a byline for an AP story but were not talking about what the AP story actually said. This, in my mind, constitutes a deliberate misrepresentation of facts, which is forbidden by the ATS terms of use.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I can not believe how utterly ridiculous this thread is. Postpone the election? It will never happen. Your own link says that even during The Civil War, the election was on time. So you are saying that based on a terror threat, Bush will postpone the election.

Do me a favor Sauron, record your first post into a voice recorder, then play it back and I think you will realize how preposterous that really sounds.

Oh, and one other thing, don't believe everything you read, especially what you read on the internet.

Originally posted by Immortal
I think he is preparing to keep himself in power.

Well duh. The first job of any President when he takes office for the first time is to start working on being re-elected.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
amazing, you have absoultely no proof, and i'm not about to trust any organization that supports globilization. listen dude, when you rant this anti-bush crap, it hurts a lot of people, not to mention it is actually harmful to the country. congradulations, you have bought into the liberal media.

AstroBlader I read all 13 of your posts

you crack me up Centre for Research on Globalisation monitors globalisation
they don't promot it LOL

globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Well duh. The first job of any President when he takes office for the first time is to start working on being re-elected.
Well, in this case, Bush will be using his Al-CIA-duh political action group to help him.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I can not believe how utterly ridiculous this thread is. Postpone the election? It will never happen. Your own link says that even during The Civil War, the election was on time. So you are saying that based on a terror threat, Bush will postpone the election.

Do me a favor Sauron, record your first post into a voice recorder, then play it back and I think you will realize how preposterous that really sounds.

How about you read, before you post and you would see I didn't write it, it is only a part of the artical see where it says read more! try it some time

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well Sauron, I did read before I posted, so don't bash me.

You said it sounds fishy to me and then went on to quote the article. Usually people do that to support what they are trying to say. Just relax. All I am saying is that your post sounds ridiculous, with the quote from the article and all. I didn't say that you wrote it and you sound ridiculous. I said if you listen to the entire post that you posted, it would sound ridiculous.

Perhaps it is you whom should read before posting.

Edit: the Bush bashers are out tonight tee hee

[edit on 7-10-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
nyarlathotep
I know it's souds like it's off the wall but I don't make this stuff up I just find it
And I did say it sounded fishie and I ran the links down to be sure
so what can I say?

I used The Centre for Research on Globalisation, because they have the most on the story.
Heck even Rense has it

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
you know what some people seem to missing a point here and elsewhere. You could be a target. Whether who you think is behind it, what Political motives may be behind anything, either way we are dealing with something that wants to cause harm to us, the citizens. So what if the conventions are cancelled. All it is, is a formal introduction of the Candidates on the ticket. Woo Hooo.

Unless a true WWIII breaks out, one with nuclear strength, I do not forsee the elections being canceled. I think our security would be most important rather than voting for someone to take the Whitehouse in Jan, or stay there. We will be able to Vote on someone. I honestly think there would have to be a crapload of intelligence and evidance for this to be postponed.

I know I sometimes let my "Political" Views get in the way, But again we all need to stop trying to point a finger at one or the other, and take a serious look at the real targets in all of this, We the People. It does not matter what color, race, creed, religious affiliation, political stance you are. This threat on us today holds no barriers.

Step out of the box, take a look around, give it a good 15 minutes or more, and most importantly Research, Research, Research!!! Do not go by one or the other, make your own decisions with the head on your shoulders.

Sorry if you think this a RANT, but I feel it to hold some value.

Just a quick example here:

I girl I work with is voting for Bush, me the inquiring mind that I am had to ask "Why?" Her answer was plain and simple "Because my Mom and Dad are Republicans, and thats the party I should vote for." I asked her if she knew any reasons why she would vote for Bush, and why she wouldn't. She had not one iota of a clue about anything He was for or against, or even one thing over the past almost four years. Only the "War on Terror".
She is 24 years old, a college graduate.

Our Generation (I'm 30) and our kids will have the biggest effect on the next election or 2. I just encourage everyone to just "Understand" why. If you vote for Bush-Great, if you vote for Kerry-Great just understand "Why" you are doing it, not because you hate the other.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

nyarlathotep
I know it's souds like it's off the wall but I don't make this stuff up I just find it
And I did say it sounded fishie and I ran the links down to be sure
so what can I say?

OK OK OK. I shouldn't have said the recorder thing, sorry
You say you don't make it up, you just find it. I can find stuff on the internet that says Bush is really a reptilian, that doesn't make it worthy of posting on a site whos motto is deny ignorance. And then you did put the header to an AP story and then a link to some outlandish story that had nothing to do with the AP, which was a little misleading.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
ifyou clicked the link
then you would have seen there is two pieces and they are

FEDS EYE POSTPONEMENT OF US NOVEMBER ELECTIONS
globalresearch.ca...
Associated Press, 1 July 2004

WASHINGTON -- The government needs to establish guidelines for canceling or rescheduling elections if terrorists strike the United States again, says the chairman of a new federal voting commission.

Such guidelines do not currently exist, said DeForest B. Soaries, head of the voting panel.

Soaries was appointed to the federal Election Assistance Commission last year by President Bush. Soaries said he wrote to National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge in April to raise the concerns.

"I am still awaiting their response," he said. "Thus far we have not begun any meaningful discussion." Spokesmen for Rice and Ridge did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Soaries noted that Sept. 11, 2001, fell on Election Day in New York City -- and he said officials there had no rules to follow in making the decision to cancel the election and hold it later.

Ridge Warns of Election Terror Plot
8 July 2004, Associated Press
By KATHERINE PFLEGER SHRADER, Associated Press Writer

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sauron, I clicked the link and read both stories. The author of the first story used the AP story to put his own twist on things.

I was saying that the AP thing was misleading because you used the AP header but quoted 2 paragraphs from Mr Tarpley's article and nothing from the AP article. I guess that the way it was presented made it seem like we were linking to an AP article. No big deal.

One more thing you said even Rense has it on their site. They are hardly a credible source as you will fing most ATSers will agree with that.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Rense I know thats why I have the, Dancing Banana

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Rense I know thats why I have the, Dancing Banana

OK Gotcha. I guess my question then is why would you post that if it's along the lines of what type of material rense has on their site?

It is obvious from your posting history that you are not exactly pro-Bush
, but to post stuff like that makes you seem less credible and looks like you are willing to post anything, no matter how ridiculous and outlandish, to try and prove that Bush is some kind of villain. Like I said before, don't believe everything you read on the net.

Edit: I wish I was in the same mood you are now
(I'm all out
)

[edit on 7-10-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have re-read both of the articles you have linked to. I read them also when they were originally posted.

I think it should be noted that Tom Ridge is not noted as being actively involved in the process of deciding when or how to postpone the November election.
In fact both articles do not mention AT ALL Ridge's involvement in delaying the election. The only points of these articles that are even close is a discussion of how to secure polling places.

DeForest Soaries is quoted at looking at the implications and processes that would be needed, SHOULD the electoral process be interrupted.

I seriously doubt anyone would delay the elections on a terrorist THREAT. Only an actual attack or crisis would be allowed to delay a November 2nd election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join