It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There was a bank offering free rifles if you open an account with them.

michael moore opened an account with the bank and got a free 30-30 rifle. He cried and screamed that they were doing this and said he was going to melt the rifle down.

To date Michael Moore has never released video or photo's of his melted down 30-30 rifle.

Ask him what he did with it. He still owns it. He's a ....hypocrite just making money playing the Left who've got lots of money to give him.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You people like guns too much.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think most people own guns because they're afraid of people like Michael Moore.
(south park country accent) Them progressives TERK' ER' RIGHTS!

If you take all the guns away, what's to stop the government from getting complete control? There will be no way for the people to rise up. Hold on to your guns, hold on to your freedom.
edit on 19-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised lol?I do not own a gun nor do I mind guns.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Ask him what he did with it. He still owns it. He's a ....hypocrite just making money playing the Left who've got lots of money to give him.

If he is playing the left he is doing a damn fine job. He fooled me. Heh.

second line

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No, but my weapon stopped a guy from raping my daughter one night after breaking into our rural home. Does that count??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

If things are so safe there in merry old England, why do you have a HEAVY ARMED rapid response division in your law enforcement agency?? Here in the USA, most of us prefer the freedom to protect ourselves. It's akin to the concept of self-determination, a rather foreign concept in most of the EEU.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by centurion1211

Its like that everywhere, let the world have all its scum. There are far more murderers in society than the criminals with guns.

Thanks ---> for invalidating your and every one else's anti-gun arguments on this thread.

Live and let live.

Take care of your own issues.

Don't have a gun if you don't want or like them or they are illegal where you are.

But leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Some gun owners do say stupid things about protecting themselves from the government. All of that is just hype. The American people have the right to own firearms, the US Supreme Court has upheld that right and it's a done deal. I own firearms and always will; IT'S MY RIGHT, I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO ANYONE WHY. If you don't like living with gun owners, you may take your leave to any other country of your choice. I suspect the reason gun control freaks don't leave the USA is because they know they have more freedom here than ANYWHERE else.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hasn't Moore stated he's a gun own and NRA life member? He's a quack and a racist.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Mr. Singularity

Well put, the right to bear arms is a right. What next ban knifes and pointy things. Should we get rid of rocks, some people used to stone people to death. No more pencils or pens, too pointy. Maybe getting rid of coconuts will help too, amazing how many people die from falling coconuts.

In the UK, they have banned guns, and swords, and knives.

Heard they were working on spoons next.

Be patient and you'll hear about banning sticks and rocks soon.

Wonder if the eco-nazis will be all upset when the British try throwing all their rocks into the ocean to "take them out of circulation"? And won't that make them all drown if they try and get rid of the island they all live on?
edit on 1/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
there is no such thing as racism, didn't you guys hear there is a coloured guy running the Corporation of America

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Who cares what that fat f-ing slob thinks? He's nothing but an idiot who needs his ass kicked. I don't care for him is what I meant to say.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Epic comment! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Some other thoughts on arguments made in defence of gun owning:

* "We need guns so that we can fight the government if they turn against us"
Yeah right. If they really want you in a FEMA camp or whatever else you seem so scared that they'll do to you, they just bring 3 people with bigger guns and special training to come get you. If your whole community fights back they do control the army and send in some tanks to get you. If the gov really wants to harm you, what good will your puny guns really do?

* "We need guns to protect our property"
No you don't. You have the right to protect your property and your family, but you can do it just as well with a non lethal weapon. If you catch a burglar breaking in and you get a good aim at him with your gun - what difference to the cause of protecting your property and family is it to you, if the gun you are aiming with is a stun gun/bean bag gun etc or a lethal one? None. You still take him out and fulfill your goal to protect what is yours. I do however think it will make a big difference for HIM. He might be a lowlife and a criminal, a terrorist or taliban or whatever, but he is still your fellow man on this earth. As much as you have the right to protect what is legally yours, I think you have an obligation to save a fellow man's life if you can do so.

* "You don't blame a pencil for a spelling mistake, why blame guns for killings? It's the hand holding the tool that is guilty of it's actions."
True, but a pen is designed and optimized for writing on a paper. A GUN IS DESIGNED AND OPTIMIZED FOR KILLING. That's a big difference. That goes for all other aguments such as "if you really want to kill someone you don't need a gun. You could get a knife/rock/your hands to do it. Should we ban them to?"
No, because a knife/rock/your hands aren't designed to kill someone. They COULD be used to do it, but those tools have other more useful purposes. A GUN IS DESIGNED AND OPTIMIZED FOR KILLING ONLY.
Guns to scare intruders off? Why not buy an alarm then? They are designed to scare intruders off. If that won't do it for you, I don't really see the big difference between scaring someone off with a non lethal weapon and a lethal one? Except you won't likely have blood on your hands after using a non lethal one.
If you buy a scary mask, your intent is to scare someone. Because they are made for scaring.
If you buy a gun, your intent is to kill someone. Because they are made for killing.
Simple logic.

Lastly something that many seems to have forgotten. I'm not a religious person myself, but various sciptures from different religions have many thoughtful stuff written in them. Here's one I try to live by:
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." (If you don't want a gun pointed towards you, don't point a gun towards others).

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

People like you make me laugh OP, seriously. All this talk about Gov't and Guns etc. taking this and that.
You and the USA in general have sat on your asses and fiddled with your guns, spouting this and that about the PTB, whilst they have torn the constitution assunder and plundered the wealth of your nation leaving you all in a debt that you are now paying, that your congress which was inundated with request from the public to turn down totally ignored. You are paying for two wars, that are killing your own based on lies. The jobs are going, people's personal wealth evaporated, housing market in tatters, personal debt at record highs, education, health care too expensive. You need to get sexually molested in order to catch a plane.
Do you really think the PTB actually give a stuff about the fact you have guns. Look at what they have done to you! And you have done nothing.

But hey, you still got your guns to fight 'em with.

This was of course the comment is was relating to as epic. Forgot to bring the quote into my respond earlier. Sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

Funny, I live in America and i've been screaming about everything since the moment it was considered. There seem to be tons of people like you who just joined and only criticize people who are defending their rights. You aren't even contributing to the conversation.

Michael Moore is still very seemingly told what to say. He brought that out of no where just because of the situation. Just leads me to believe more that this whole shooting incident was let happen

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

dbl post
edit on 19-1-2011 by Lynexon because: dble post

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The fact that this thread spawned 5 pages is absurd, almost as much so as the drivel that comes out of Moore's mouth. He really does deserve credit for spawning the docudrama genre, because his "films" made the niche popular with the impressionable youth looking to rebel against their parents. All that aside everyone has already covered all the reasons why hes a total joke, props to you folks!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Michael Moore is pawn in the Globalists disinformation agenda.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I find it curious that so many people revile and condemn folks like me for owning a gun or guns.
Nobody sees my weapons. I don't take them out to show people. I don't carry them down the street or display them in the open. I doubt most people I know even are aware that I have a gun. I have never used a gun to threaten anyone or to endanger anothers safety. I'm very responsible with firearms. It's simply the way things are.

But,

....for some strange reason I'm always seeing someone in public, on tv or in a forum like this, who has never met me and knows nothing about me, tell me why I'm such a sick twisted loser for owning a gun.

Is it jealousy masquerading as moral superiority?
Is it an actual belief that a person with a gun is mentally unstable?
Is it an absolute ignorance of the fact that my life hundreds or even thousands of miles away may be different than somebody elses life?

Quite honestly, I'm glad some of these anti gunners don't have any guns. They don't seem to have the ability to control their own emotions and many of them come off as much more unstable than the local "Gun Nuts".

Blind hatred of something you don't understand is neither enlightened nor superior.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join