It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by glome

Were you in a cave for 8 years? Didn't see any patriot act outcry? No war protests?

Those complaints were far more common then than they are now and Obama just renewed the damn thing last week.

Anyone who's pissed has been pissed since the New Deal or earlier. I've been pissed since the whiskey rebellion. Everyone else is just playing politics.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Maybe he is not from America.. I never heard of those things either..

It may come as a shock to some but people from around the world don't know anything about American politics and generally don't care..
I know I don't..

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by Misterlondon

If they don't know and don't care they'd be best served by not sticking their heads in and spouting off uninformed and baseless opinions like "you sick Americans and your guns are evil" crap that's been filling threads lately.

I don't pretend to know a damn thing about another nations history or how the people in that nation should live their lives. I wouldn't do that to a neighbor let alone a nation on the other side of the world.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Patriot act if for america to do anything all over the world, not just usa.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The race card people are sick in the FN head. I am never going to be tricked into hating people who look slightly different from myself. He might as well be saying we are scared of fat, skinny, green hair for that matter. It's all they have to work with. They are really pounding it too. They know it is not working as well anymore. Guns are for killing, cut and dried.
They would do well to remember that.
They will never get the guns from American hands.
There is only one human race.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Break into my home while I'm there.
Present a threat to my family or myself and you will die, not be wounded but die.
Invade my country and you will die, not be wounded but die.
Be a part of a government that rises against its people and harms, kills and enslaves them?

And I hold the same belief in those rights for every human on the planet.
Unless your part of the 'bad guys club' you got nothing to worry about,
It's bad guys and good guys,
You want to live in speculative roll the dice someone will save me fantasy land, that's your business,
You want to rely on someone being there to protect you, then I suggest you support and allow that condition to exist.

I have a fire extinguisher too, but I dont plan on using it, but if I need it................it's there !

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If you can kill a federal judge for 17 cents then we better outlaw money Michael.

Taking Columbine victims to K-mart to make them stop selling handgun ammunition?
Maybe we should take some car crash victims to GM and tell them to stop making cars, they're killing people too.

The government is the ones who need to give up their weapons.
Wars kill far more people than crime ever did.

I do agree with MM that we do need to find out why Americans are so violent.
I'm sure the media (of which he is a part) have a leading role in why we are so destructive as a nation.

Decriminalizing certain drugs would go a long way in ending gang-related shootings.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Asktheanimals because: for spelling errors

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I have a fire extinguisher too, but I dont plan on using it, but if I need it................it's there !

Well put!

Star on your post, friend.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The Patriot Act didn't rise to the occassion for all of us to take up our arms and have an armed revolt against it. When I speak of an armed citizenry scaring the pants off crooked politicians, it is for more direct assaults then that.

Originally posted by andy1033
I agree no one should have guns, but in london, its the people you should be afriad off, that have them.

An attitude like that arms the crooks and leaves the general law abiding population defenseless. It's the armed crooks and armed radical religious that you should be afraid of, not the average person owning a weapon to protect him/her self. And don't fool yourself ... laws against private gun ownership just mean that the good folks can't protect themselves because the bad ones will ALWAYS find a way to get a hold of a gun.

Originally posted by questcequecest
i am sick to death of you people saying this... who gives two #s, u hang onto this constitution thing and forget everything else

You have my pity. The Constitution states our basic right as humans to defend ourselves. It's a shame you don't agree with that basic human right of self defense. To backatchya a bit .... u hang onto this anti-constitution thing and forget everything else.

if u didnt have guns youd be better off.

riiiiiiiiight .... then only the criminals would have guns and we'd all be left defenseless and we'd leave the gov't wide open and without fear of the armed general public if some yahoo wanted to take over.

Originally posted by atlasastro
People like you make me laugh OP, seriously.

People like you make me laugh altasastro, seriously. Your anti-America no-matter-what attitude makes it impossible to take your posts seriously. Good luck with that.

Originally posted by glome
There are tons of guns in America and I didn't see any government fear of taking over your liberties during the Bush administration.

Actually, that's when we bought ours.
And again, nothing rose to the level of armed revolt.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Have you ever had an AK pointed at you on the freeway? 3 feet away? then you call 911, let it ring 20 times, yes 20. You hang up, call 911 again, let it ring another 20 times, no answer, no call back, absolutely nothing. THAT'S why I have many guns now. I will never call 911 again, period.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Why do you want or need to have a gun? To protect your freedoms I hear alot... But you are already free...

And part of the reason we are free is due to citizen ownership of guns .. for self protection AND because an armed populice is harder to take over than an unarmed one.

To protect our property... But you live in one of the most developed nations on earth,

And because we are developed suddenly crime against citizens goes away? Think again.

I think they should be banned,

yeah ... and leave the guns to the criminals and not have any for the law abiding citizens to protect themselves. How very simplistic in your thought process on this. Bet you are one of those that luvs the UN .. am I right.?

Originally posted by miconATSrender
The race card people are sick in the FN head.

There are those that pull the race card out every chance they get ... or when they are backed into a corner and have no real facts to back themselves up with. Race, race, race. In this case, Michael Moore both pulls it out whenever he can AND he has no facts to back himself up with.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

Im surprised they didnt track you down days later to hand you a fine for the "prank" call.

Gotta love 911.

You're either in too rural an area to get any help or too populated an area to get any help.

I swear the whole thing was set up just so television news would have tapes of people crying and dying to play over the air for ratings.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh Micheal Moore, how so very very wrong you are. It must be rough being that ignorant.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Step back.

Sorry, all, but he did not say the words all the blogs are headlining with. He did not call all or any gun owners racist. The headline of this thread and the headlines from which it came are misleading and irresponsible and do not tell the whole story.

And as usual, too many people are reading the headlines and opinions that spring forth from the creators of said headlines and not listening to the actual words in context to gain or get the real perspective before they fly off the handle and become indignant and irate..

He was having a discussion on a divisive subject and asking a valid question and, no matter how ineptly, was trying to find an answer in his mind. Like we all do.

And what he actually said was that we typically see criminals a certain way....along racial and class lines.

You don't have to agree with that, and if you don't tell him that. But answer to and discuss what he really said, not what you infer from it and got your hackles up about.

Is he really wrong about what he actually said? Don't we typcially see criminals this way and rarely think of the criminal as the girl or boy next door? Isn't this evidenced time and time again by our both our typcially "shocked" reactions when it is or when a crime occurs? Be honest with yourself, not me.

Next blogosphere drama!

I'd like to add that these are places he mentioned with very few murders might just have very few murders because there are guns there.
And yes I own a gun. Or two. Or three.

edit on 1/19/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Sorry Mike, but your wrong on this one.

Americans like their guns because of the sick addiction to watching someone die/suffer.. that or they like the testosterone flowing when they know they could end someone’s life, if.... they..... wanted....... too!

These school kids shooting up other kids in the playground, their parents should be put on trial too.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Tragically (stupidly?) funny to see these australians ranting about guns after they basically acted like pussies in letting their government take theirs. Misery loves company, so now they want others to join them in their emasculated, non-defensible world.

Oh, and you've gotta love hearing this. The australian government only collected about 640,000 of the estimated 3.5 million guns owned by australians. You know what that means ...
Now only the criminals have guns in australia!

source

At the end of the buyback (31 Aug 98), Australia had paid $320M (Australian) for 643,726 firearms—only about 1/3 of the 1.5 million authorities expected to collect of their estimated 3.5 million total stock of firearms (which was only a small part of the actual stock). Don't forget the additional administrative costs of running the program. There were also some reported irregularities—like officials being cooperative in identifying firearms as prohibited ones when they weren't, and police departments selling their old firearms even multiple times.

Since the criminals have the guns and the average citizen can no longer defend themselves, this next article also says a lot about what the australian gun ban has accomplished.

source

In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

edit on 1/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

People own guns because they're fearful racists

I see from the OP that we actually agree on this one.

Moore lumped all gun owners into a negative stereotype, so that those who agree with his political stand, would equally follow the tagging.

I so hate politics.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Its like that everywhere, let the world have all its scum. There are far more murderers in society than the criminals with guns.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

SHHHH! Stop talking sense, these people cant handle it!

Leave them to their frothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
poeple make movies and eat cheeseburgers because they are fat and socially unaccepted.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hey FlyerFan,
Maybe you should watch the video he did with Rachel Maddow and not just read the website where you got the info for your thread.

The article took his words out of context for your Heading. When he mentions racism, he is refering to it in the context of MLK day from this week, obviously. Owning guns and racism were not put together this way.

I noticed Lucidity mentioned this too, but nobody seems to care about the truth, they just want another reason to dislike MM.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join