It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
*that's the title of the article.
Weapons or politics?? Kinda both so I'm not sure where to put it.

Video of him speaking is found here -
Michael Moore - people own guns because they're fearful racists

Appearing on MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show, liberal filmmaker Michael Moore expressed his bewilderment as to why the United States is such a “violent” country and wondered aloud why anyone would want to own a gun. According to Moore, people only own guns because they’re racist and “afraid” of “people of color.”

More of the clip - www.youtube.com...

My response -
The race card is SOOOOO tiresome. His far left anti-gun bias is SOOOOO devoid of facts. And this carries into everything this fella does. We, and all the gun owners we know, own them for self protection and because it's our constitutional right. One family we know owns them for hunting. The more of us solid citizens that own guns, the more careful the gov't is about taking away our liberties. Gun rights is our protection from the government, as well as protection from 'the bad guys' who come in all sorts of shapes and colors.

Michael Moore .. your comment is

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This would be exactly what I expect to hear from Michael Moore.

He is the kind of guy that would dare to call someone else obese.

S&F!

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The more of us solid citizens that own guns, the more careful the gov't is about taking away our liberties. Gun rights is our protection from the government, as well as protection from 'the bad guys' who come in all sorts of shapes and colors.

And how is that working out for you so far?

Did your guns protect you from the Patriot Act? And every other law passed since then that destroys freedom?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What a dumb answer.

Glad i never listened to anything he has ever said. Most people on tv have no opinion worth listening too, and same with this guy.

This is aimed at white people in america, what about latinos and blacks?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I agree no one should have guns, but in london, its the people you should be afriad off, that have them. Glad they are not legal here, and i would not want one, even if they where.

SIck things.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
mike mooreon

is a moroon,

ever wonder why there are no cuban, russian, chinese mikes?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

"The more of us solid citizens that own guns, the more careful the gov't is about taking away our liberties." Well so far various liberties have been taken away... And more liberties are under threat.

Anyway Michael Moore should seriously consider carrying a gun for himself given the edxtreme dislike of the man. I am left of centre and find his comment stupid.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

because it's our constitutional right

i am sick to death of you people saying this...
who gives two #s, u hang onto this constitution thing and forget everything else
if u didnt have guns youd be better off.
wheres the progress in following something written 200 years ago
"The United States Constitution is the oldest written constitution still in use by any nation in the world"
err that is not a good thing.

you think your country was free when they wrote it??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

i think you might mean moron ?
hahaha oh the irony mmm

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The more of us solid citizens that own guns, the more careful the gov't is about taking away our liberties." Well so far various liberties have been taken away... And more liberties are under threat.

People like you make me laugh OP, seriously. All this talk about Gov't and Guns etc. taking this and that.
You and the USA in general have sat on your asses and fiddled with your guns, spouting this and that about the PTB, whilst they have torn the constitution assunder and plundered the wealth of your nation leaving you all in a debt that you are now paying, that your congress which was inundated with request from the public to turn down totally ignored. You are paying for two wars, that are killing your own based on lies. The jobs are going, people's personal wealth evaporated, housing market in tatters, personal debt at record highs, education, health care too expensive. You need to get sexually molested in order to catch a plane.
Do you really think the PTB actually give a stuff about the fact you have guns. Look at what they have done to you! And you have done nothing.

But hey, you still got your guns to fight 'em with.

reply to post by tiger5

Anyway Michael Moore should seriously consider carrying a gun for himself given the edxtreme dislike of the man. I am left of centre and find his comment stupid.

Yeah, how awesome!
When your fellow citizens tell you to carry a gun because you excersize freedom of speech, you really know you are living in the capital of freedom, don't you!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sorry Mike, but your wrong on this one.

Americans like their guns because of the sick addiction to watching someone die/suffer.. that or they like the testosterone flowing when they know they could end someone’s life, if.... they..... wanted....... too!

These school kids shooting up other kids in the playground, their parents should be put on trial too.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
isnt he canadian, not sure if he definatly is but cant you buy a gun in canada as soon as you turn 18 and without the need for a licence etc...., why is canada not such a violent place then. maybe its all down to the media and how celebrities are portrayed as perfect people with perfect lives who all have great teeth and most are incredibly good looking. maybe the not so perfect people get pissed with their crappy existence and cause some crimes jesse james style.
also guns are often seen as cool in american films(this is true in other nations films and tv aswell, just not to such an extent.) and killing is often glamourised.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

It is like he's a hyprocritical A**H*** he owns guns, belonged to the NRA did a stinking documentary on the fact that Canada has more gun owners per square mile than the USA. WTF???
Canada also has less crime and more gun owners this is MM's OWN WORDS!
The reason, the real reason the USA is this way is because PEOPLE ARE PISSED OFF!!!! The Government rapes us and bilkes us and takes care of everybody else, but the US citizens and polices the world, but not it's own land!!!! CANADA DOES NONE OF THIS!!!!
Happy people = peaceful people
People getting bent over and F***** up THe WHAZOO= VERY PISSED OFF BUNCH!!!!!!

edit on 19-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: effing christ

edit on 19-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: effing damn spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
According Moore Grant and a host of abolitionists were raging bigots and the Klan Act was somehow a grand racist gesture.

Any sane person sees "racist" as an argument auto-fail anyway. Only lunatics still buy into that crap.

www.blackmanwithagun.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

There are tons of guns in America and I didn't see any government fear of taking over your liberties during the Bush administration.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by glome

Were you in a cave for 8 years? Didn't see any patriot act outcry? No war protests?

Those complaints were far more common then than they are now and Obama just renewed the damn thing last week.

Anyone who's pissed has been pissed since the New Deal or earlier. I've been pissed since the whiskey rebellion. Everyone else is just playing politics.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
I have little respect for Mr Moore,
be looking for a new film from him soon as he takes advantage of most every social situation now to create his profitable docudramas.
When traveling through 'bad parts' of the world do you believe he goes unprotected?

Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested on Airport Gun Charge
www.foxnews.com...

It's all crap,
But then you guys already know that !
Dont believe a word out of a hypocrites mouth.
He's a tool.
If you dont want a gun, dont own one.

link   

Originally posted by lewman
isnt he canadian, not sure if he definatly is but cant you buy a gun in canada as soon as you turn 18 and without the need for a licence etc...., why is canada not such a violent place then. maybe its all down to the media and how celebrities are portrayed as perfect people with perfect lives who all have great teeth and most are incredibly good looking. maybe the not so perfect people get pissed with their crappy existence and cause some crimes jesse james style.
also guns are often seen as cool in american films(this is true in other nations films and tv aswell, just not to such an extent.) and killing is often glamourised.

That isn't it that at all, it's the way the Government has taken everything from us, right down to the American Dream and MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE for any other people to get a piece of that dream unless they were born with a damn silver spoon in their mouth, and people are getting pissed off, depression is on the rise, it can all be traced to one event : 1913, and letting the bank own our A$$!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Its really funny, why Americans go on so much about their guns. Why do you want or need to have a gun? To protect your freedoms I hear alot... But you are already free... To protect our property... But you live in one of the most developed nations on earth, if there is that much danger, you need to have a gun.. Something is seriously wrong, in your land... "it's in the constitution" there are alot of things in the constitution that I'm sure do not relate to this day and age, when it was written, I understand carrying a gun.. America was a dangerous place then..
I think they should be banned, maybe the American murder rate would drop significantly, maybe kids won't run into schools and kill everyone in sight, I'm sure the positives of a decision like that far outweigh any counter argument..
Guns are banned in the uk, although people do still have them, those that do are generally in the criminal world and mostly use them
On other criminals.. Not running into schools and killing fellow pupils..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Michael Moore is tired and old news, IMO. Anyway, on the gun issue... I don't think owning a gun makes you a racist at all. Being a racist makes you racist. Owning a gun is probably a good idea these days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join