It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual World Seismic Activity Today?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Let me be the first to admit I am no scientist about what is actually going on here. I do know we have house members that are though. I check this site out a couple times a day just to see whats going on with the graphs. I actually went this morning just to see if there was any activity in Florida to maybe coincide with the Hum thread, and also to see if there was anything going on in Iceland for that unusual light show they just had.

The last couple days it had been pretty quiet, but today there seems to be major activity all over the world. Huge spikes. I dont really think it is normal because I dont see this everyday and Im wondering if it might have to do with the animals etc.

I hoping the smarter members around here for this type of thing could possibly shed some light on this so I and myself could learn a little more? From the looks of it, the earth is really rocking and rolling today or a little while ago anyway.

Link for Live Seismic Graphs

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
PLEASE DONT FEEL ANYTHING LESS THAN SCIENTISTS..

best scientists are not made in the school..

rhank you for your information

unfortunately the link is giving me an error..am i the only 1???

if you fix the link i would appreciate if you contribute your tool in my existing thread here..thanks OP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
the linked worked..and IMO..you might be on something here...all the seismos seem messed up more than my gf's hair in the morning

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
if that's what it seems... well. it'll end all denial that something is coming, once and for all.

i wonder when they'll bring those graphs offline.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
if that's what it seems... well. it'll end all denial that something is coming, once and for all.

i wonder when they'll bring those graphs offline.

lol i was wondering the same thing :/

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thought I better take a ss in case it changes later in the day as it always updates. This is only a couple pieces to show how much is going on. If you go to the link you will see it is going on all over the world for the most part.

Live Seismic Graphs

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I will patiently wait for the resident quake-o-philes to give us their learned opinions.

Where the heck are they, what's taking so long???

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
i hope they come up with the excuse that these seismos are very sensitive..i will just say that then they must be changed because its nonsense picking up children jumping the rope

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
in the meantime..since im way bored at work..could you please OP tell us how long have you been monitoring this site..and how many time you encounter anomalies like these?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Those seismos are showing the 7.2 in Pakistan. It was very powerful and felt seismically worldwide.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Looks pretty active but I haven't used this site before so I'm not sure if this is out of the norm. How long have you been monitoring this site and does this happen from time to time?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This also happened before on december 21 2010

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I usually look at it a couple times a day or at least once just skimming over things. Not always though. I do miss days depending on whats going on. For the most part it is pretty quiet like the one on the pic I posted above with just a few showing some action. I know a week or so ago I noticed it was pretty nuts, but didnt think to much about it as I was more involved with dealing with a blizzard in my neck of the woods.

Oddly though, it seems Im not the only one that has noticed this. Look what I just stumbled across.

ps., I put this link over on your thread for the graphs.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I like this website for a nice visual representation of quakes and other crazy world happenings.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don’t know much about seismographs, but I do work with polygraphs in general. That appears to be a technical glitch, either a pen broke or an open(broken) circuit on that channel.

If you notice here:
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
This section:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e34fff329d4.jpg[/atsimg]
Which I tried to outline here in red:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2431c3fb2d28.jpg[/atsimg]
You can see that the pen drops from baseline to a large positive swing (positive is normally down not up on polygraphs), almost akin to a calibration signal, and then it returns to baseline for a few seconds before going bonkers. So either a circuit broke and it went into an open circuit state, the pen broke from its mechanical holder, or there was some other loss of telemetry between the graphical recording drum and the sensors that hook into the pen. It’s a bit hard to tell where the issue is without seeing it in person, but it looks 100% like what we get on a polygraph with any similar electrical or mechanical failure.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks for posting that up. It helps a little, but thats for one area being monitored isnt it? These graphs are from all over the world, and they are all showing different activity. As you can see a few places are actually calm which is what I usually see. Today though some are very in the black and for quite a length of time it appears.

Like I said, my knowledge of this is very limited, but still a picture says a lot, and those graphs are kinda screaming at me to say the least.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

that's just one graph. even if it's a failure, it's one failure, not a bunch of failures around the world at the same time.

at least not equipment failures.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

reply to post by jedi_hamster

All the remote data comes into the USGS, which is obviously where there was signal loss for a bit. It could even be something as simple as a technician switching out systems, or doing routine maintenance.

Edit to add:

The pens deflecting all the way across the screen is typical 60-cycle interference that you get on any charting polygraph machine when you break the circuit from the probing sensor to the ground sensor (open circuit). When the pen goes all the way across the screen like that they call it channel blocking.

edit on 1/19/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I live in Florida and since I have been back from Europe about two weeks, there has been this faint hum that is driving me nuts. It's constant. At first I thought it was an alarm but nope not that. I hear it right now as I type. It's coming from outside. It's louder at night when there are less people on the road. No idea where it is coming from and I don't remember hearing it before I left.

As for Iceland I thought those were Aurora Borealis lights? That is what they were showing on the news with pics of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Those seismos are showing the 7.2 in Pakistan. It was very powerful and felt seismically worldwide.

Guys, listen to the expert.
I've seen similar worldwide activity before, also on a day of a large quake. Seismographs really are VERY sensitive.

Dig into ATS threads, you'll find previous occurences. Well spotted by the OP though!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join