It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS AUSTRALIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
why not have a thread especially for things that are happening in australia instead of having to search thru everywhere else
is there a way to have a channel or start our own forum section?

ps hows the moon tonight? first one ive seen properly for a few weeks, looks awesome.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I agree, more or less - I wouldn't want a subsection that would distract from the main pages but as it is, anything that happens here is posted on the front page if it's worthy only to disappear into the realms of the search feature, which has NEVER once worked for me.

a Sub section would make a good way to find things here, and we're not a small bunch of contributers.

And as I say this, why not a sub section for the major countries who makeup the membership.

It's so very US centric, and it has grown way beyond that imo.

Anyway, agree with ya op, and it's something I hope is considered. Such a varied lot make up ATS that while the main beak of ATS caters to us all, there could be something to be gained from having sub sections for different countries.

link   
That would seemingly get a bit messy if everyone wanted their own area to have it's own section. Not to mention the worldwide input would be greatly reduced if everyone tended to their own part more than others.

The moon was good last night here, I actually sent a text to my girlfriend while I was at work and she was on her way home, it read just "Look up".

link   
To be honest i've started to think that us in Aussieland need our own forum specifically for Australian related news - too many times have I posted threads here to do with Aussie politics or something and have had the thread destroyed by people who don't understand that ATS is an international website, or that Australia exists for that matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

yeah agree with you
u see how now when all the yanks are asleep things stay on the new topics part longer but during the day its gone within 5 seconds due to so many ppl posting all their stuff...
def need a section for each country

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Originally posted by badw0lf
the search feature, which has NEVER once worked for me.

Maybe try using Google or something like " search phrase site:abovetopsecret.com "

Can give better results that way. Plus you can see the caches of the 404'ds

reply to post by questcequecest

Originally posted by questcequecest
why not have a thread especially for things that are happening in australia instead of having to search thru everywhere else
is there a way to have a channel or start our own forum section?

ps hows the moon tonight? first one ive seen properly for a few weeks, looks awesome.

Dunno about the moon, its raining cats and dogs here tonight.

The thing is mate every small region would prolly either want to or have to have their own section and it would make a heap more forums on the site, plus many issues need to be categorized by the topic. An aussie forum might turn out to be a mess of politics, fragile earth, ufo's, general conspiracies, ancient stuff all heaped in the one place.

I reckon search works better, and categorize by topic rather than region.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

The problem with Australian news broadcasting is they are pretty damn slow on the mark; much of what I learn in cyberspace enters our media 1-2 weeks later.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by badw0lf

Originally posted by badw0lf
the search feature, which has NEVER once worked for me.

Maybe try using Google or something like " search phrase site:abovetopsecret.com "

Can give better results that way. Plus you can see the caches of the 404'ds

Oh .. lol I know, but the website shouldn't need to be searched using google - everything else has been done for it, that would be like me having to write my own greasemonkey script to ignore people.. Oh wait.. lol I have..

as I said tho, I wouldn't want the sub sections to take away from the main. But there are times when ATS seems to ignore anything other than US topics.

And obviously I wasn't saying that every sub culture or island or country would need it - only so much can happen in a place at a given time, but Australia and Australians are pretty frequent here.

And as Kryties said, often people dont even recognise us.

It's a global community here, but only certain topics seem to really make the persistent news. It would be nice to submit topically based info to a specific area, because there are a lot of people who miss out due to it being overrun by other things.

That way anyone interested in a specific topic who missed it on the firehose, could go to their area of interest and see at a glance the newest things, rather than go to google and search hit and miss.

I dunno, makes sense to me.

edit on 19/1/2011 by badw0lf because: oops added an nt where one was missed.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

We asked for a UK news thread a while back.... and UK politics and we were told that the "regional" forums were the appropriate forums to use.

While American topics get 59 different forums.

Good luck in your quest but I very much doubt it will happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Kryties

We asked for a UK news thread a while back.... and UK politics and we were told that the "regional" forums were the appropriate forums to use.

While American topics get 59 different forums.

Good luck in your quest but I very much doubt it will happen.

Ach... that sounds so lazy when so much has been done to pretty the place up... Less effort in glowing buttons and more effort in content, I think..

bad news

---

And this thread slips off the radar to never be seen again.

Typical...

too many dots in the sky or random prophecies I guess... 8[

edit on 19/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

top topics

join