It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisians fear a massive 800 car bomb blitz.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This must be very worrying news for the people of Tunisia and of course will not help their tourism trade. www.express.co.uk...

As the violence continued, it was reported that the country’s ousted rulers, who fled into exile, had planted 800 cars packed with explosives to take “diabolical revenge” against the population that ended their reign.

The army was yesterday said to be scouring towns and cities for the car bombs which could be primed to explode “at any moment”.

The terrifying claim was made by a spurned relative of the ruling Ben Ali family, who fell out of favour with his hated second wife Leila, daughter of the former president Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali. Slim Chiboubmade issued the car bomb warning in an interview with Tunisian secret service agents at the weekend.

Read more: www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Loyal supporters to the ousted regime have taken to snipping on the public.How terrifying is this.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It is most likely a false claim, the country is still controlled by Ali's close allies, that is why the protests are continuing.

I suspect this is put out-there to terrorize the protesters in to staying home so that the same government can take control once again.

Long live the Revolution, I hope Tunisians kick out all the fascist government's members, freeze their accounts, put them in house arrest until a vote is set to change the constitution and the government, then put them to trial for their involvement in crimes against humanity.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
more fear mongering.

nothing to back it up, tho.

he left in a matter of hours.

not enough time for 800 car bombs.imo.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

That thought crossed my mind, how could they have loaded 800 cars with explosives set timers and planted the cars in such a short time ? Two or three maybe but 800 sounds impossible. I think you are right its to induce fear in the people. Mind you that snipping is very real and must be terrifying for people caught out in the open when it happens.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I imagine a giant pair of snippers comming down on the crowd....heheh
If you mean sniping, well there is nothing they can do without arms with which to fight back...
I suspect that the true patriots who are in the services and police, will step up soon enough with their own weapons....
All it takes to make an army member a guerilla is to hurt a member of his family or extended family...
The PTB will ultimately have to step down, if the people keep demanding it.
Perhaps the elites are preparing their loot for departure even now.I think that would be where the smart money would be going.....
I do not believe that the people will back down, now that their pent up anger has caused this huge psychotic break, so to speak, in their world.
Many of them will suffer death, and worse should the former presidents base retain power covertly....
I think only a clean sweep will satify the people.

new topics

top topics

join