It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Light Refraction - Live now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19e8faee7efe.jpg[/atsimg]

I have seen some weird refractions from water droplets and mist on camera lens but this one takes the cake.

See it now

live.mila.is...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It is so moving! I am tripped out by this! Nice find. I wonder what it is! looks to be shape shifting or something!
Smokin

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I just checked the link at 232am still going on.
This is a feed from Reykjavik Iceland?
Seems like the northern lights or much like the Norway Sky Spiral phenomenon.
Very strange!
I do notice no one in the video feed seems to be coming out to look at it. No cars stopping to watch. Seems odd.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

234am the light is almost gone except for the lower right part of the original area.
I hope someone is recording this, or that we can get a recording from the feed site! This needs to be viewed in its entirety.

edit on (1/19/11) by AllSeeingI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
there seems to be a vague remnance of it left at the moment.Looks like there might be a building or something in its place with orange lights on. Cool catch though.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
did anyone get any more'
screen shot?
xp

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
240am its gone! Glad I got to catch a few minutes of it. Very amazing. Worth serious research.

To the thread author.... how did you come across this? Do you live in Iceland there? Do you leave this feed on 24/7? or just browsing.

Please give us more incite and your thoughts.

One thing is for sure. I will be checking this feed during the day to see what it looks light in daytime light. See if any buildings or terrain are in the area where this occurred.
edit on (1/19/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yeah, it's gone now. I got two more pics.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86c36baac532.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/688dca345218.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Sunrise and sunset times in Reykjavik
Sunrise for iceland today will be at 1046am there which is just under 2 hours from now.

Iceland is +6 hours US CST. So the local time in iceland during the end of this sky event was around 840am.

Start checking the iceland newspaper websites for stories.

edit on (1/19/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I check all the links on that page daily, not quit through looking at Eyjafjallajökull, my favorite volcano. Lately they have had gale force winds and the volcano cam is out of order.

I am not from that area but find Iceland very beautiful and interesting. Would love to visit there.

I know it was a refraction but it was one of a kind in my book. Glad you all got to see a little of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Current weather there is:
Wednesday, Jan 19
Mostly Cloudy
Currently: 5˚C
Feels Like: 1˚ C
Hi: 6˚, Lo: 2˚
Wind: 21, Gust: N/A MPH
Wind Direction: SSE

www.icenews.is/

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78c78242cf15.jpg[/atsimg]

I did this screen shot last year when the volcano was erupting. This cam view is no longer working. It shows refraction from the lights. You can see the source of the refraction. Sometimes it would cover the whole scene.

I don't know what this one was from. But it sure was pretty.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Whatever it is, it's more than light reflection. I wish you could tell us in which direction this phenomenon is facing.
Possibly some Borealis? You don't live there, correct? I recall your on site description of the gas pipe burst in California 6 mos ago. Was the speculation quashed on that?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Sorry folks , but it looked like water/condensation on the camera lens to me . Seen it many many times , but alas no evidence.

edit on 19-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Sorry folks , but it looked like water/condensation on the camera lens to me . Seen it many many times , but alas no evidence.

Huh? No evidence that you've seen it many times, or no evidence that it was water condensation?

Certainly didn't look like that to me in the few still shots, and others said it was moving.

I don't think it needs debunking, rather a viable explanation as to how it was caused in the atmosphere (are there any references aurora's in this area?) or what could have caused it.

I don't know what sort of camera it is, but generally the lens of most webcams would be too small imo for such a figured effect due to condensation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Wish I was up earlier to see this. I did take a ss of now though. So like 4:55 est. No tall building or anything there against the skyline.

Cool catch OP

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Huh? No evidence that you've seen it many times, or no evidence that it was water condensation?

Certainly didn't look like that to me in the few still shots, and others said it was moving.

I don't think it needs debunking, rather a viable explanation as to how it was caused in the atmosphere (are there any references aurora's in this area?) or what could have caused it.

I don't know what sort of camera it is, but generally the lens of most webcams would be too small imo for such a figured effect due to condensation.

The lens on my bullet cam is tiny and occasionally suffers from condensation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Look , I'm not buying into this whole thing because
A: People were just carrying on as normal and do you not think that something of this magnitude would have had people stood around staring at it . Nobody gave it the slightest bit of attention .
B: It's water/condensation on the lens .

Nice find , but really ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I happened to catch a cool screen shot of condensation refraction and everyone goes nutz

I watched it for 3-4 minutes before I got the screen shot. Pity I didn't catch it when it first appeared.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just checked the feed a short while ago. There is a new similar event going on.

But now it must have started raining or snowing as the lens seems to be wet and distorting the image. But you can see something in the sky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join