It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns against health care repeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.. I did look before making the thread.

www.cnbc.com...

In a statement, Obama says Americans deserve the freedom and security of knowing insurance companies can't deny, cap or drop their coverage when they need it most.

They keep harping on this the loudest.. perhaps because its the only thing even remotely positive in the bill??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Everyone hates insurance companies though. They are complete crooks. I know examples of their corruption that are so unreal that many people (who haven't had similar experiences with them) would probably think they were made up. I know of one case where they actually sued a 14-year-old girl after paying her family the insurance they deserved, after the company discovered that the girl had helped her younger siblings to escape the burning kitchen instead of attempting to put the fire out. I have a close relative who was denied for no reason whatsoever. They stated on paper, signed, that although his condition was caused by the workplace (and therefore they were legally obligated to pay him) they suggested that he work elsewhere lol.

These people have no souls. They either wait for you to die or get a lawyer. They don't care who they harm, or what families they break up. They lose no sleep over it; it's all just business to them. In my country no politicians will even make a false promise while running for an election to do anything about insurance companies. They seem to be untouchable. I'm glad that Obama at least seems to be trying in this respect.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Neurolanis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Neurolanis

I hear you.. I deal with INS constantly and am considering making voodoo dolls. My middle daughter who is 12 is a liver transplant patient. We have ins through hubbys work and a separate policy we took out on our own because we knew she would need a transplant eventually from her birth. The problem is that the more I study the bill.. the worse it gets. My child's life is at stake here and its pretty damned important.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Its like the movie John Q. Its to bad that that movie isnt 100% fiction, that money is more important then a person's life.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Sorry to hear that. I she can get the help, attention she needs.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Neurolanis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I hear ya, kidney transplant here. Private insurance WILL NOT pick me up, so fortunately for me kidney disease is considered a disability otherwise there would be no way I could the $70,000/year prescriptions, not including monthly lab draws, doctors visits, etc.

I have looked into getting meds either from over the boarder or overseas, just in case I find myself in need they are not much cheaper unfortunately apparently since antirejection meds are 100% necessary they stick it to you across the board (ers lol)

PS voodoo dolls are a great idea, I'll have to try that.
edit on 19-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
In a statement, Obama says Americans deserve the freedom and security of knowing insurance companies can't deny, cap or drop their coverage when they need it most.

That's Obama keeping us stupid.

One day I picked a random page in the bill and started reading, then went on to the next, and the next, and so on. Everything I saw was amazingly frightening, simply using the health care system as a means of empowering government to intrude on the lives of citizens in unimaginable ways. No, I can't cite it all from memory but it's available for reading online & I encourage everyone to check into it. Repealing this bill would be the best thing for Americans.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
regulation of the insurance companies and regulation of malpractice suits is what we need. not being forced to purchase insurance.

regulate the insurance companies so that they cannot turn anyone down, and make it so that malpractice suits aren't so frivolous to keep the price of healthcare down.

as it stands in this country, the people making the most money off of healthcare are the insurance companies, big pharma, and lawyers.

new topics

top topics

join