It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not really into prophecies however 2012 is of concern

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

This is obvious information to anyone that keeps up-to-date on this subject.

Is this obvious information or is this an obvious hoax? It sounds like the latter to me.
Is this from multiple people or is this multiple people repeating the same hoax?

My understanding of BMD is that it is a collection of people stating opinions. The shows are just about who can spin the most hogwash. It's not real. It's about making stuff up.

On to the Mayan prediction claim seeing that the other claim is based on a TV show of no quality.

Here is what you first stated:

The day before Cortez and his men arrived the Maya had predicted (paraphrasing) "The god of the Cross will appear, heralded by a blue fireball in the sky"--the same day he arrived 1) there was a comet and 2) the Christian cross was on their ship sails. The Maya even predicted he'd bring about their end.

Now you state that:

Mayan claim, that would be found in the Popol Vuh they make mention of (aka 'Council Book') of the day of Cortez’s arrival who they had mistaken for Quetzalcoatl unfortunately & the Maya & Aztec leaders even surrendered themselves to him individually, thinking they had no power over this god of the cross only to be butchered.

So let's see if the Popul Vuh makes any predictions.

Mesoamerica - from Berkeley

The name means "the book of the written leaves".

2012 FAQ

The title means "Council Book" or "Book of the Community";

The claims of the prediction of Cortez's arrival seems to be only made by New Agers and not archaeologists.

2012 FAQ

And maybe the most important question to ask was voiced to me by Bill Saturno, discoverer of the San Bartolo murals. If the Maya were such skilled prophets, how could they have missed the Conquest? "Didn't see that one coming, did they?" The single most devastating disaster to befall the peoples of the Americas of all time, and not a word about it in the entire corpus of Mayan prophetic literature.

It appears that this New Age claim is not true.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Hey, I'm sorry if you took offense to my post, that's partly down to me having a really bad day. My bad.

I don't claim to know everything about all matters. I just express my own opinion like so many others do.

You say

Nobody said you should panic

Again In your own words

So using logic from just knowing real world events, mankind is going to get slaughtered. There is no hope. Billions will die. Resistance is futile. Count your days as they are numbered and we're all going to fvcking get raped by one thing or another and you may as well fvcking kill yourself right now to get ahead of everyone in the afterlife

Hence the response I gave.

Btw , I didn't state" I think it's silly how people look for evidence to support their claims" at all.
What I said was that if you look hard enough, you willl find something that may support your theory. It doesn't automatically make that theory correct.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disemboweled
reply to post by MAC269

yeah the world was supposed to end in 2000. Reaching 2000 but its 2012 and we actually have proof like the massive die offs and the earth quakes. There's tons of evidence leading to the end but it still might not happen... But yeah i agree, with the solar flares and all of the natural disasters going on the world could end. But i think 1 year is over exaggerated. Probably in the next 5- 10 years but not just one year.

2000 was the year I got too, but then I guess [someone unknown to us] stopped it somehow. With all that's going around the world, I expect a singularity any day now. Weeks, months, what does it matter? We are in for a World Shaking Event, and we all have front row, ear bleed seats. What more could we possible ask for? Those of us who know what to to after will be charged with helping those who are held down by church dogma, and those who will be losing their minds. A new world will be created in 6 days, just like in the bible, I think, and it will be pristine and brand new. Let us not destroy it next time. We are now living in the 5th world, that means man/womankind has ruined it now five times over. Good job.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The god of the Cross will appear, heralded by a blue fireball in the sky

I have heard this claim before, but no one has been able to point to where this claim originated from. One of the problems I have with this claim is that a comet was suddenly visible in the sky. It's possible, but not normal.

You need to also keep in mind that their calender somehow exists 1,000 years before the Maya. So it was not them who created it.

They could have used the Olmec calendar or simply decided to assign some date other than 1 to the day that the calendar was started. People living thousands of years ago were smart. They could make astronomical observations. What is interesting is that the Mayan observations noted that after a 100 or years or so the positions of celestial objects were off. They never figured out the cause. It was due to precession.

& natural disasters are increasing dramatically...

That's not true. Disasters are not increasing. Things are typical. The claims of more animal die offs is not true either. Typical rates are a die off every day somewhere in the world. That has been happening and recorded for a long time.

The CIA's mathematical genius refused to comment

Who is this person no one cares to name?

The Web Bot manages many headlines & is relatively accurate.

Last time I checked webbot was worse than the flip of a coin.

The solar flare and polar shift are astronomical events that cannot be avoided. The solar flare is scheduled for 2012 & has the possibility of setting us back into the stone age.

No particular solar flare is predicted. Not true. The solar maximum is predicted to peak out in 2013, not 2012.

Pole shifts do not happen. That idea invented by Hapgood and pushed by Hancock and others cannot happen as stated. The best evidence for a similar event was 800Ma and it took 15 million years to complete.

The name of the CIA math genius is Bruce Bueno de Mesquita
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm going to do an embargo on Stereologist. His posts are just rants & he seems to like just taking whatever someone says & then claiming the opposite w/o any proof, wasting that person's time trying to "prove" it to him. Then when they do, he ignores anything that doesn't fit his heuristics/schema of the world. If it doesn't then it's a "hoax". I wish I could use that argument...

& LOL@ thinking a man who lives in a mindset of gamma waves perceives reality the same as an average beta wave person. If you knew anything about psychology you'd know that's simply untrue.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Hey, I'm sorry if you took offense to my post, that's partly down to me having a really bad day. My bad.

Lol, no problem. That part you quoted from me was me kidding by the way! That's not what I believe will be the case, as I mentioned the paragraph below that one in the post. The paragraph above that one was also an obvious joke I think (I said I was going to cause a chain reaction to ensue nuclear holocaust).

@MasonicFantom I think you are confusing the Mayan with the Aztecs. The Aztecs are the ones that said the god of the cross etc. will come. Skip to 7:00 in this www.youtube.com...

@RemRem that's the CIA guy for sure. You see how incredible his credentials are but hardly any information is on him. The CIA didn't allow that man to comment on 2012.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disemboweled

yeah the world was supposed to end in 2000.

The world was NOT supposed to end in 2000. What are you talking about?
There was however a fear that there might be major catastrophes because our computer systems might not be able to handle the turnaround to the new date. And if that happened of course, lots of things would fail. Consequently computer technicians everywhere were busy in the run up to 2000 ensuring that systems could handle the date. Putting it SIMPLY, 2000 was about a potential man made computer glitch. I find it worrying that so many people can't seem to grasp the difference.
edit on 22-1-2011 by starchild10 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

There are so many claims of the end of the world that it is easy to overlook them especially when there are more than 1 a year. In 2000 there was Y2K, but there was also a planetary alignment. Books were written on that issue and it was on radio talk shows. Since nothing happened it has been forgotten. Don't forget the claims at that time by numerologists that the wrap around to 2000 from 1999 was also a portent of doom. That was wrong as well.

Disasters were also claimed for 2001, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, ... That's just the near times. Disasters have been predicted for thousands of years and they did not happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So why didn't you provide any evidence that there is a difference in perception of reality. You made the claim and never tried to provide any evidence.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The number of times that the world was supposed to end is long. One of the first big claims in the US was with the Millerites. They were wrong, but still spawned new religious sects despite being wrong time after time.

There are predictions of the end of the world every other year or so. One of the weirdest was the 2003 claim that Mars was wrenching the world apart. Books, and radio shows discussed this menace. Nothing happened other than an excellent view of Mars that summer. I enjoyed a Mars rise over the St Lawrence while minke whales swam by. Beautiful yes. End of the world - no.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh thanks. Yeah, in the Popol Vuh the Maya just mentioned they saw their end coming, but not much details. Tho when they saw Cortez they mistook him for their god due to his lighter skin & armor + horses etc..

Aztecs were the "God of the cross" ones.

For the record a person emitting brainwaves that are anything other than beta (which 99.999% of ppl emit daily unless they are taking hallucinogenic drugs or meditating) do perceive reality different. This is very basic psychology. Different brainwaves = different perceptions. That's why people take drugs, to get into such states of mind.
edit on 22-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I have looked at quite a few places on the internet about brain waves and perception and nothing claims that different brain waves are associated with altered perceptions of reality. Is this claim coming from a scientific basis or from some other noncredible source?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join