It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not really into prophecies however 2012 is of concern

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Disemboweled

The die offs are not unusual. What is different is only that this time they have made the news. Earthquakes are no more common now than they have been over the last century. I realize you claim that there is tons of evidence, but in reality there is not. There are lots of claims about things being bad, but that is based on off the cuff remarks and not supported by historical records that show that things are normal.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

If I remember correctly in 2000 it was only the computers that where supposed to get fired. This is a far cry from the Hollywood and other hype that we are hearing about for this date of 2012.

There are so many claims of the ned of the world and global disasters that it is hard to keep up with them all. In 2000 there was the computer issued called Y2k. There was also a planetary alignment that did nothing.

The issue with the animal die offs is well known, but not well publicized. They happen on average about every other day in the world.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Neurolanis

Supposedly the ancient calendars end in 2012 (depending on which 'experts' you ask.) If true, this may mean the end of the world, or the end of the age. If it means anything.

Only 1 calendar ends on that date. That's the Mayan long count calendar. The Mayans had no prophecies or predictions associated with the long count calendar.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AtConspiracyDude

A slight correction. No civilizations were known from tens of thousands of years ago. There were people and even groups of people living close to each other, but not the sort of things called a civilization.

are there predictions of that year anywhere in history?

2012 is just based on the Mayan long count calendar about to wrap. There are no predictions or prophecies associated with 2012 other than the recent fabrications constructed since the 1980s by hoaxers.

You are asking a very good question about calendars and dates. The 2012 date is from the Mayan calendar. It is when the current long count calendar ends and another long count begins. Many people use the Gregorian calendar. A day like today has both a long count date and a Gregorian date. The goal is to figure out how the two calendars match up. The match up is formally known as a correlation. The problem with the Mayan calendar is that the correlation is not well agreed upon. Most people think that a correlation called the GMT is correct. Other proposals for the correlation are different by up to 200 years!

All calendars begin with a starting point. All dates before the starting point have to be marked as such. Check out how kings in ancient times would restart calendars with 1 being the year they started rule or were born. When every king does that it makes it hard to understand what is meant by year 10 since there is a year 10 for every king.

Your confusion on calendars and dates is likely due ot the mess there is with dates and all of the different calendars in use today.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

A pole shift has never happened on Earth. Maybe you are referring to a magnetic reversal? These 2 very different events are often confused. About 800Ma there was a TPW which took 15 million years to complete. Movement was about a meter a year which is fast geologically speaking. That's about 10 times faster than plate movement. Earthquake levels are nor. NASA stated that it would be possible for a solar flare to cost us trillions of dollars in damages. The dark rift is not even a single object. It is a set of nebula that from our perspective are overlapping and appear to be a single object. The number of animal die offs is at normal levels. They occur about every other day some place in the world. This litany of things which is not quite right continues right up to webbot. The webbot predictions are rather poor. Lots of their so-called successes have been rather lame efforts to shoehorn events into their claims.

"So using logic from just knowing real world events" nothing is happening. There is no indication of anything special about to happen. About the only thing happening is fear mongering while the evidence clearly shows that nothing out of the norm is happening.

the Tibetan Monks were scientifically shown to produce gamma waves

Can you provide any evidence for this claim? It sounds like a hoax to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

The solar maximum has been pushed back to 2013 and is presently predicted to be a lower than normal maximum.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

The god of the Cross will appear, heralded by a blue fireball in the sky

I have heard this claim before, but no one has been able to point to where this claim originated from. One of the problems I have with this claim is that a comet was suddenly visible in the sky. It's possible, but not normal.

You need to also keep in mind that their calender somehow exists 1,000 years before the Maya. So it was not them who created it.

They could have used the Olmec calendar or simply decided to assign some date other than 1 to the day that the calendar was started. People living thousands of years ago were smart. They could make astronomical observations. What is interesting is that the Mayan observations noted that after a 100 or years or so the positions of celestial objects were off. They never figured out the cause. It was due to precession.

& natural disasters are increasing dramatically...

That's not true. Disasters are not increasing. Things are typical. The claims of more animal die offs is not true either. Typical rates are a die off every day somewhere in the world. That has been happening and recorded for a long time.

The CIA's mathematical genius refused to comment

Who is this person no one cares to name?

The Web Bot manages many headlines & is relatively accurate.

Last time I checked webbot was worse than the flip of a coin.

The solar flare and polar shift are astronomical events that cannot be avoided. The solar flare is scheduled for 2012 & has the possibility of setting us back into the stone age.

No particular solar flare is predicted. Not true. The solar maximum is predicted to peak out in 2013, not 2012.

Pole shifts do not happen. That idea invented by Hapgood and pushed by Hancock and others cannot happen as stated. The best evidence for a similar event was 800Ma and it took 15 million years to complete.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Exactly! The only people that think 'nothing' is going to happen just have no clue or did not do the proper research.

I've done lots of research and all I find out there are hoaxes and frauds being perpetrated on the gullible.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I my opinion based on information available in books and on the web, the chances of an event in the next few years is more than likely.

I think an overall view is needed, looking at all available information, but also within yourself, your intuition and feeling.

The work of Dr Paul LaViolette is very interesting, covering the galactic superwave theory, showing that such events are cyclical.
www.projectcamelot.org...

There have been many news and nasa sources quotes on ATS about the solar max 24, the sun spot activity due to ramp up.

The Hopi, Maya, Aborigines and a number of religious books and myths refer to a new golden age, the end of one cycle and beginning of another. Now this does not mean Armageddon, earth destruction, necessarily.
Time seems to be speeding up, more people seem more aware in general. Information is spreading and expanding exponentially.

I looked at charts of quakes over the last 20 years; it shows an upward trend with higher frequency and magnitude.

We have been having more and more extreme weather over the last 10 years, droughts, floods, freezing temps in warm climates etc.

Changes in the planets in our solar system; warming, colour changes, loss of rings or bands etc.

Allegedly many underground facilities all over the world have been built and continue to be built.

I think its very prudent to be self sufficient, with food and water storage and ability to grow food, regardsless of what disaster may come. We have quakes, power outages, floods, so there are reasons to be prepared.

If the worst case happens as Patrick Geryl says, with 1000m+ waves and 1000km'h +winds, well then there is not much you can do....but personally I dont believe that.

I have had a reading with Pepper Lewis " Gaia" she said that in the next few years, more quakes and floods as earth heals itself and tries to minimise impact on people. Just sharing....

So in my view, the worst case is we're going back to source, and death is not the end but a beginning.

edit on 20-1-2011 by remrem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well here's the thing, even if 2012 is a dead duck and nothing happens, something WILL happen at some point and to be dismissive of that without knowing one way or the other how things will go on any given day will just catch you out. Better prepared than dead.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by remrem

There are a number of problems with your notions:
1. The next solar maximumis in 2013, not 2012 and is predicted to be a less than average peak
2. The Maya have no predictions associated with the long count calendar. No other ancient culture mentiosn 2012.
3. Time is not changing
4. Earthquakes have not changed. The only thing changing is the ability of seismological stations to process more data due to better computers
5. The weather has not been different
6. The changes in the solar you mention have happened before and will happen again

So basically all of this is not true.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Isn't this forum supposed to be about 2012? I prefer to say this forum is about a hoax called 2012.

It is prudent to be prepared for disaster such as floods, snowstorms, power outages, strikes that cripple the ability to ship food into an area, forest fires, and all sorts of disasters that do happen. To prepare for some fanciful disaster dressed up in hoaxes such as fake prophecies and other baloney is not such a good idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Stereologist
while the evidence clearly shows that nothing out of the norm is happening.
What "evidence" have you shown for all your 'debunking' claims? All I've read is you typing and assuming to have the weight of God upon your misinformed words. I really shouldn't humor with a response, but here I go.

1) No 2012 solar flare? NASA has warned of a "super solar storm" in 2012.... socioecohistory.wordpress.com...
www.examiner.com...
If they later retracted all of it and said "oops, we made a mistake, it's actually 2013 & our calculations for yrs were wrong" then you'd be gullible to believe they did not do that due to a huge increase in public panic. Michio Kaku even claimed they would likely "push back" the date so it's not on 2012.
2) There is such a thing as pole shift. It's even called "the Cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis" & supposedly "The poles have reversed 170 times in the past 100 million years." This is AKA geomagnetic reversal, but to say it's one or other is merely semantics.
3) Poles never shifted? There is evidence the poles have shifted. www.examiner.com...
4) Yes, here's the link of the study on the monks producing gamma waves. www.washingtonpost.com... This is nothing new. They also have "waking delta" states of mind that untrained people cannot obtain.
5) The Maya had astronomical techniques not rediscovered until 4,000 years later by Kepler.
6) You seriously think there's not been a rise in global disasters? I'd suggest examining some statistics then. www.peopleandplanet.net... Even discounting the earlier half of the century due to technological inefficiency, the later half is significantly on the rise.
7) The mass animal deaths is highly unusual. Michio Kaku commented there has been 93 reported cases a year. There has been 150+ just this month....maps.google.com...,155.654297&spn=177.753873,193. 359375&t=h&z=1

edit on 20-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This Stereologist is quite the amusing character. I have a difficult time responding to someone that contradicts many things w/o providing any backbone to the statements.

@The one question about the CIA's math man, you would have to have seen Brad Meltzer's Decoded. He doesn't have a known name but is 90% accurate of predicting major events by assigning values to various infrastructures, governments, prominent individuals etc. and calculating projected outcomes. The CIA refused to allow him to comment on his predictions for 2012. That was the end of that, he didn't have a big part in the documentary.
edit on 20-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
Hey, I'm against people sticking their heads in the sand but I'm also against getting worked up and panicking over something that hasn't happened yet.

As for not doing research, does the content posted on ATS not count as research or should people just ignore everything that is posted backing up peoples claims. That doesn't mean you should agree with what's posted, people will come to their own conclusion and discuss it.

What do you want me to say, I "know" we are all going to die, mass deaths will happen, and we're all screwed just to make you happy?

It is only my opinion and a response to a worried member who voiced concerns at the predictions being made.

Most of the claims are merely conjecture and people looking for correlations from data to support such theories.

Take the increase in earthquake activity. That may be proven yet to say that is directly responsible for the run up to the end of the world is bordering on being a little naive.

Ok, you can say, well look at the bigger picture and put all the pieces of the puzzle together. The conclusion will still only be a guess.

People still can't predict an earthquake or the exact moment of a volcano erupting. Yet to say the prediction of the end of the world must be right and anyone who disagrees has no clue beggars belief.

And, yes it might happen but who knows? You sure don't.

This is a discussion. Don't get sarcastic just because you don't like people disagreeing with you & your claims of global monotony. At least several others (including myself) post material to back up our claims. Nobody said you should panic or say what others want you to to make them happy, where did you get this nonsense from? The purpose of these forums is to be knowledgeable and promote discussion. If YOU are just going to say everything is conjecture with people looking for stats to prove it, then that is a weak @ss argument because you can say that very same thing about everything & thus there would never be a discussion made. What you essentially said was "I think it's silly how people look for evidence to support their claims" do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

"You sure don't" I think I, along with a few others, are at the very least much more informed than you.
edit on 20-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

1) No 2012 solar flare? NASA has warned of a "super solar storm" in 2012....

Instead of going to NASA you go to a blog for your evidence? Why is that? Is it because you know this is old and out of date information. The present prediction is for a less than average solar maximum in 2013.

Weird isn't it? I am providing a link from NASA. It's from January of this year
Solar Cycle Prediction

We are currently two years into Cycle 24 and the predicted size continues to fall.

If they later retracted all of it and said "oops, we made a mistake, it's actually 2013 & our calculations for yrs were wrong" then you'd be gullible to believe they did not do that due to a huge increase in public panic. Michio Kaku even claimed they would likely "push back" the date so it's not on 2012.

Using old data is simply your way to perpetrate a fraud. Don't worry. You are in good company with lots of other hoaxers.

2) There is such a thing as pole shift. It's even called "the Cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis" & supposedly "The poles have reversed 170 times in the past 100 million years." This is AKA geomagnetic reversal, but to say it's one or other is merely semantics.

It's not semantics. A pole shift is a made up claim by Hancock who borrowed the idea from Hapgood who called them something else. A pole shift is a rotational issue. A magnetic reversal does not involve the rotational axes. These are very different issues. If you don't understand the difference you are not alone.

3) Poles never shifted? There is evidence the poles have shifted.

The article is about magnetic issues, not rotational axis issues. See why it is important to get the two concepts separated and why it is important to understand the difference and to use the terms correctly? It prevents blunders such as the one you just made.

Here are 2 discussions of pole shifts which are caleld TPWs by the scientific community.
Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr

Combined paleomagnetic, isotopic, and stratigraphic evidence for true polar wander from the Neoproterozoic Akademikerbreen Group, Svalbard, Norway

Yes, here's the link of the study on the monks producing gamma waves.

Thanks for the link. I don't think that your conclusion that these people experience reality in a different way follows from is in the research.

5) The Maya had astronomical techniques not rediscovered until 4,000 years later by Kepler.

Such as what? The Mayans used naked eye astronomy. They never figured out why their observations kept being off after a while. Their Venus observations were rough making it hard to correlate them with modern studies.

You seriously think there's not been a rise in global disasters?

The only increases are due to one factor: man. There are more people leading to more people being in the way of harm. The growing population forces people to use areas once considered unsafe or poor habitation zones. The actions of people drive disasters by deforestation, construction, and poor land management.

7) The mass animal deaths is highly unusual. Michio Kaku commented there has been 93 reported cases a year.

Actually Michio Kaku says that nothing unusual is happening. Please don't misrepresent what he made very clear.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

This Stereologist is quite the amusing character. I have a difficult time responding to someone that contradicts many things w/o providing any backbone to the statements.

You provided nothing to substantiate your claims. You made the claims. The only 1 you attempt to respond to is a claim in which the person is unknown and still has a 90% rating. Where did that figure come from? Are you simply repeating what was claimed in some hoax video you fell for?

Let's start with claim 1, the one about the Mayan prediction of the conquistador. Can you substantiate this claim of yours?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Instead of going to NASA you go to a blog for your evidence? Why is that? Is it because you know this is old and out of date information. The present prediction is for a less than average solar maximum in 2013. Weird isn't it? I am providing a link from NASA. It's from January of this year Solar Cycle Prediction

Wow, so you think it's normal for NASA for year to be saying "Expect a super solar storm in 2012" but when panic rises they retract it and say "oh, it's 2013 now" when it's just 1 yr before the event? You're right, NASA always tells the truth and would never change their results to avoid panic or disruption of status quo....

Using old data is simply your way to perpetrate a fraud. Don't worry. You are in good company with lots of other hoaxers.

It would be helpful if you used more evidence to back up your contradictory statements, then maybe people can take it serious.

It's not semantics. A pole shift is a made up claim by Hancock who borrowed the idea from Hapgood who called them something else. A pole shift is a rotational issue. A magnetic reversal does not involve the rotational axes. These are very different issues. If you don't understand the difference you are not alone.

@Pole shift, let me quote from the link I provided along with the -title-. So tell me, what is it exactly you're thinking of? Because I'm sure it's the same description as what's below. Thus, it's semantics.

Magnetic north pole shift:
Sometimes the field completely flips. The north and the south poles swap places. Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks, are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago. Are we overdue for another? No one knows. .

Thanks for the link. I don't think that your conclusion that these people experience reality in a different way follows from is in the research.

Research into brainwave activity (Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta). E.g. during deep sleep the human mind enters Delta waves which cannot be done in a wakeful state (exception of highly conditioned meditators)--thus "altered states of perceiving reality" is very appropriate when a man can access delta waves while awake or even gamma waves.

The only increases are due to one factor: man. There are more people leading to more people being in the way of harm. The growing population forces people to use areas once considered unsafe or poor habitation zones. The actions of people drive disasters by deforestation, construction, and poor land management.

That would be true if only disasters affecting humans were reported, but not all disasters regardless of human activity.

Actually Michio Kaku says that nothing unusual is happening. Please don't misrepresent what he made very clear.

You didn't understand my post. I said Michio Kaku said on Fox News there's 93 events in a year and that is what is "normal". So 150 events happening within a month is not "normal".

edit on 21-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I already made mention of where to find the CIA claim. This is obvious information to anyone that keeps up-to-date on this subject. If you're truly not interested in taking multiple people's words on it, then the information is always available in finding it in their documentary (Brad Meltzer's Decoded) on the History International channel.

@Mayan claim, that would be found in the Popol Vuh they make mention of (aka 'Council Book') of the day of Cortez’s arrival who they had mistaken for Quetzalcoatl unfortunately & the Maya & Aztec leaders even surrendered themselves to him individually, thinking they had no power over this god of the cross only to be butchered.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Wow, so you think it's normal for NASA for year to be saying "Expect a super solar storm in 2012" but when panic rises they retract it and say "oh, it's 2013 now" when it's just 1 yr before the event? You're right, NASA always tells the truth and would never change their results to avoid panic or disruption of status quo....

Again you are resorting to misrepresentations. To claim that NASA changed the date based on the opinions of a few delusional people is nonsense. The date was changed as more data was collected. It was seen that the earlier prediction was off.

It would be helpful if you used more evidence to back up your contradictory statements, then maybe people can take it serious. [.quote]
It would be helpful if you didn't use hoaxes as your evidence.

Thus, it's semantics.

It's not semanticsw. it's your inability to use terms as defined by those that invented the terms. A pole shift is in no way related to a magnetic reversal. A shift in the magnetic north pole or even written in sentence as a magnetic north pole shift misses the obvious that a pole shift is a noun and in magnetic north pole shift the word shift is a verb. It's not semantics, it's 3rd grade English.

thus "altered states of perceiving reality" is very appropriate when a man can access delta waves while awake or even gamma waves.

You have provided no evidence that these waves alter the perception of reality. That is unwarranted conclusion you have drawn. You seem to do that a lot.

You didn't understand my post. I said Michio Kaku said on Fox News there's 93 events in a year and that is what is "normal". So 150 events happening within a month is not "normal".

Again you are misrepresenting Michio Kaku. I knew that you were purposely misrepresenting what he said the first time I read what you wrote. You have a pension for that. It is glaringly obvious. Kaku made it very obvious that nothing usual was happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join