It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not really into prophecies however 2012 is of concern

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

That panic will be localised to the disaster area and also to some people who are watching the aftermath of the event on the news. They will put two and two together along with absorbing the expected hype on 2012 in the media and believe something will happen.

Most people don't really watch the news and go about their life living in their own world. They will have heard of 2012 but will probably think it's all rubbish anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Dear JonoEnglish

There is a lot of sense in what you say I hope you are right and it sure could be that I am on ATS way to much

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

No worries Mac.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You are right about the "self fulfillment" part, OP.

I am setting up a chain reaction of events that shall lead to a complete nuclear holocaust on Dec 21st, 2012.

I am doing this because I am scared otherwise of not knowing what will happen. So instead, I shall make it happen so that I have full control over it.

Mwhahahaa...

On a serious note however, prophecies aside, the world is getting hammered. Astronomically speaking there's many events lined up (possibly) for the end of 2012, any one of which will fvck this world. A polar shift (evidence of this starting is already being seen, especially with so many islands going underwater and Australia super flood + earthquakes), a super solar flare that could send us to the Stone Age (NASA even stated this for 2012) or the dark rift, pick your favorite poison. Even now the climate is changing & natural disasters are mounting up. There has been 188 mass animal deaths just this month (opposed to just 7-8 in previous months), there's economic and social collapse going on all over right now (riots in Greece, England, U.S. & money deteriorating etc.), there's threats of nuclear war in the East and there's evidence of ETs even coming around more often than usual (given all the disclosure going on & statistically increased sightings). Even a mathematical genius working for the CIA who is 90% accurate in predictions refuses to comment on Dec 21st, 2012. And a super computer program (Web Bot) that makes predictions even says there's going to be a catastrophe on Dec 21st, 2012 (this machine program is questionable however because it simply monitors all internet activities & headlines to make future predictions--tho it's supposedly very accurate).

So using logic from just knowing real world events, mankind is going to get slaughtered. There is no hope. Billions will die. Resistance is futile. Count your days as they are numbered and we're all going to fvcking get raped by one thing or another and you may as well fvcking kill yourself right now to get ahead of everyone in the afterlife. Don't even bother trying to avoid the end with bunkers or getting on a ship and that sh1t, cuz it'll be pointless.

The only hope is that the Tibetan monks, ancient Mayans, Aztecs, Sumerian etc. are correct when they say "ETs will intervene to help guide us to the 5th age of mankind" (tho they used diff words, e.g. Mayan said the end of the calendar given to them = "the return of the men of wisdom" & Sumerian/Hopi/etc. use the phrase "Star People"). Btw, the Maya Long Count Calendar predates the Maya civilization by 1,000+ years meaning they didn't create it + it's extremely accurate even 5,000+ yrs later. So I would not call them liars if they claim it represents the return of the "men of wisdom" who crafted the artifact. It also coincides with all the recent disclosure going on & increased sightings.

I personally put a lot of faith into these very noble people & am not worried (the Tibetan Monks were scientifically shown to produce gamma waves--meaning they perceive reality in ways we cannot even comprehend). I think Dec 21st is going to be a blast for mankind.

Good luck.
edit on 19-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Dear TheLegend

Well thanks for all that I think???

Now JonoEnglish hopefully you will have read the post above.

We are still over 22 months away from this date, all you need is just one event as describe there and you will get the world change like it or not.

True TheLegend is just one but I think things are even pointing to our dimwitted authorities being aware that this thing could turn out to be self-fulfilling.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

in my worldview... a 'Nature' based natural catastrophe is not what the 2012 meme is all about...

Maya,& Revelations, & Daniel (and all those othe Biblical Apocraphrial writings) are about a man-made
human originated culmination of civilization/society/culture...

we had a prelude of it during the Bush regime when the NeoCons took over her in the administration,
to join with the Political Zionists and the Christian Zionists in creating a friction point with Militant Islam.

sure its' going to be a "self-fufilling" thing--- the USA economy, and those that have directed
its fall/collapse are doing so to augment the 3rd World War scenario...which was outlined by
Albert Pike back in 1971 ...www.libertyforlife.com...

its also possible that the political zionist Ariel Sharron will soon wake up from the brain injury
coma hes' been in for several years already

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How can everyone be so sure that they are reading the Mayan calendar correctly? There are no Mayans around to teach us how to interpret it, so the "experts" could be way off.

Our calender ends every year and no one freaks out. How do we know (if we are reading it correctly) that it doesn't just start over again?

I think a lot of crazy stuff will happen, but it always does. The world is constantly changing and bad things happen all the time. Thats life.

Maybe there is some truth to the self fulfilling prophecy though, people will be freaking out and may cause some chaos leading up to the "end date" only to wake up on the 22nd of December 2012 to see that nothing ended other than the hype.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i don't think the year itself is a concern exactly however I do believe the solar maximum poses a great risk if the gov'ts of the world have not already prepared for a worst case scenario involving solar EMP's. I'm not sure I buy into the whole sun causing a polar shift thing but if we're not prepared it seems likely that this maximum could blast us back into the dark ages. Just imagine for a second what would happen if the entire worlds electric machinery stopped working for a day, a week, a month etc.. scary stuff, it definitly can't hurt to have a few extra cans of spam and an emergency plan in place with your loved ones in fact I'd recommend it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

Nice post. My issue with the calendar 'dooms day' timeline, is that the calander has been adjusted so many times throughout history. People act like May, 21, 2011 is an exact date, it's not. It's arbitrary.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

I agree wholeheartedly. What my peeve is with it is that they call it a calendar, but a calendar by definition is a cycle, not something that ends or heralds the end ya know?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

Dear jacktherer

Yes the sun thing is not a conspires at all in 1859 I think it put pay to the telegraph and even kill a couple of the operators I believe.

So at some time in the coming solar maximum it could be a very real problem and extremely wide spread. Think of a week without the ATM.

Lead to the end of the world as we know it???

Not inconceivable.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

It’s the prophecies that are driving people to look for evidence to support the 2012 event or events that may happen. Look hard enough and you will eventually see “something” that “may” support the theory. To my knowledge no evidence has been given that is proof of the event actually happening. I love reading up on people’s theory’s, that’s why I visit this site. It doesn’t mean they are right.

Who is to say that some of the other prophecies that have come about since the Mayan prediction was set in stone as such, already knew about the Mayan prediction and elaborated that into their own vision of doom?

There has been no proof that there’s a significant increase in earthquakes, floods or solar flares beyond their normal occurrences. We don’t know because we haven’t been monitoring them accurately for very long.

There have always been social and economic problems in the World. Just because we are experiencing them in the Western world today it seems more real to us, but that’s more down to a result of doing business in today’s world. Where one Country has problems, the impact is felt in many countries.

The evidence of ET’s visiting us is still debatable. I must point out, I do believe in alien life throughout the universe, the probability of there not being is verging on impossible or a miracle, but them actually visiting us, the jury is still out on that one for me.

Why would the CIA make a statement on the reality of a prophecy happening. Wouldn’t that make them look daft?

The web bot program, not that I know much about it but going from what you say, if it scours the internet for headlines and activities then it wouldn’t surprise me if 2012 came up. Think about how much more news is being broadcast on the net today. Hence, an increase in reported disasters etc.

Thirty years ago, the only news we got even in England was through a daily newspaper or a few short news programs on the three channels we had back then.

As for the birds, fish and animal die offs well that still hasn’t been explained. Maybe we are simply reporting more of those events that happen naturally anyway because it is a current hot topic.

I’m sorry my opinion isn’t a popular one but there’s still nothing to suggest that 2012 will be anything but a normal year.

I hope I’m right. (I'm usually not, so we may indeed be doomed
)
edit on 19-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Dear JonoEnglish

From JonoEnglish “I’m sorry my opinion isn’t a popular one but there’s still nothing to suggest that 2012 will be anything but a normal year.”

Believe me I agree, however with all this sort of HYPE when it gets a little nearer the time, I still say hold on to your hats.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear JonoEnglish

From JonoEnglish “I’m sorry my opinion isn’t a popular one but there’s still nothing to suggest that 2012 will be anything but a normal year.”

Believe me I agree, however with all this sort of HYPE when it gets a little nearer the time, I still say hold on to your hats.

I'm off to buy one, just incase.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The day before Cortez and his men arrived the Maya had predicted (paraphrasing) "The god of the Cross will appear, heralded by a blue fireball in the sky"--the same day he arrived 1) there was a comet and 2) the Christian cross was on their ship sails. The Maya even predicted he'd bring about their end.

We are talking about a civilization that likely had the ability to perceive time in a non-linear fashion (as time is relative & as even Einstein said, it's merely an illusion). You need to also keep in mind that their calander somehow exists 1,000 years before the Maya. So it was not them who created it. This is a calendar that, even 5,000 years later, predicts an array of phenomenal astronomical events. Just briefly scroll down ( en.wikipedia.org...) to see the mathematics & mastery of astronomy involved--something we're expected to believe primitive, barbarian-like natives of 3000 BC made?? Ya right, this thing is a sophisticated MACHINE, not built by stupid natives of 3,000 BC!

& if you can comprehend just how complex this is, + the fact as TheLegend mentioned, the Maya said "The men of wisdom built this & they are returning when the timer is up" it is to be taken seriously (not the "end of the world" but the "time to enter a new age of mankind"). www.youtube.com...

@economics, they are getting worse the world over. & natural disasters are increasing dramatically... I think to say otherwise is you trying to give yourself false hope.
Here's a chart detailing natural disasters for the century:

& there's nothing normal about 150+ mass animal deaths in less than a month when it's usually 7-8 per month. That may be due to more reporting, but it would not have been noticed in the first place if it did not happen 10x in just 2 days. That's not normal.

The CIA's mathematical genius refused to comment (even to say "nothing will happen") because he doesn't want to admit the truth, which is something -is- going to happen. If he believed nothing would happen, then the CIA would have no quarrel with him commenting on it.

The Web Bot manages many headlines & is relatively accurate. It's odd to have it predict catastrophe for Dec 21st, 2012. One theory is it predicts nuclear holocaust which is seen with the recent cyber attack on Iran this week that destroyed one of their nuclear research facilities and North Korea threatening with "Prompt, merciless & annihilatory action" to their neighbors. If the computer program is monitoring all of that, then it may be projecting out to the future how things will escalate.

The solar flare and polar shift are astronomical events that cannot be avoided. The solar flare is scheduled for 2012 & has the possibility of setting us back into the stone age. The chart above is evidence enough that the Earth itself is going through a change & possibly looking at a polar shift. Fact: Antarctica used to be a jungle continent. Keep that in mind when you think it's "impossible" or improbable. I think you should listen to this www.youtube.com...

TheLegend's post is the only conclusion to come to, when you've done enough research (& he's right about ET disclosure. The Vatican in 08 even said it's ok to believe in aliens, England has released its UFO files, Brazil & Mexico's government have even said UFOs exist, there's a world business leaders' meeting in Saudi Arabia next week to DISCUSS UFO/ET impact on business--Michio Kaku will be there too).

Something -will- happen in 2012 & something is already happening..
edit on 19-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I wholeheartedly agree that if some natural force doesnt take us out then some nutjob(s) will try to finish the job. People are already living in what I call an "apocolyptic economic state" as if there is no tomorrow and this will only increase over the next 22 mth I believe people are going to give themselves license to be self destructive and OP is right any big disaster in 2012 is likely to send the train of the tracks

(Imagine BP happened in 2012 or even the NK crisis)

The question is ...will TPTB try to clamp down on this chaos before it happens or are they counting on it in order to depopulate?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Exactly! The only people that think 'nothing' is going to happen just have no clue or did not do the proper research.

The picts are amazing, I never really looked at the Mayan machine in detail. It should be mentioned that the one photo does not include its mathematical or astronomical properties, only its symbolic meaning because it's not possible to fit it all onto one picture!!!!!

Fact is I think 2012 will be the most interesting, or anticipated, year in modern history.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

Exactly! The only people that think 'nothing' is going to happen just have no clue or did not do the proper research.

The picts are amazing, I never really looked at the Mayan machine in detail. It should be mentioned that the one photo does not include its mathematical or astronomical properties, only its symbolic meaning because it's not possible to fit it all onto one picture!!!!!

Fact is I think 2012 will be the most interesting, or anticipated, year in modern history.

Hey, I'm against people sticking their heads in the sand but I'm also against getting worked up and panicking over something that hasn't happened yet.

As for not doing research, does the content posted on ATS not count as research or should people just ignore everything that is posted backing up peoples claims. That doesn't mean you should agree with what's posted, people will come to their own conclusion and discuss it.

What do you want me to say, I "know" we are all going to die, mass deaths will happen, and we're all screwed just to make you happy?

It is only my opinion and a response to a worried member who voiced concerns at the predictions being made.

Most of the claims are merely conjecture and people looking for correlations from data to support such theories.

Take the increase in earthquake activity. That may be proven yet to say that is directly responsible for the run up to the end of the world is bordering on being a little naive.

Ok, you can say, well look at the bigger picture and put all the pieces of the puzzle together. The conclusion will still only be a guess.

People still can't predict an earthquake or the exact moment of a volcano erupting. Yet to say the prediction of the end of the world must be right and anyone who disagrees has no clue beggars belief.

And, yes it might happen but who knows? You sure don't.

edit on 20-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Far as I'm concerned, whether something happens or not and whether whatever happens in natural or man-made hysteria, only thing we can really do is prepare just in case.

Never hurts to be forward thinking no matter what year it is.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I am in no doubt that whoever created the calendar were very clever people. If we as a species were blown back into the dark ages we would loose our knowledge and a future society studying us will also conclude or specualte on our intelligence. How did they get so clever?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join